Hydra tuner - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hydra tuner

Old 10-09-2017, 04:27 PM
Elder User

P4IN COMM4NDO is starting off with a positive reputation.
Post Hydra tuner

So, I havent seen too much about the hydra on this forum. Figured Id take the chance to show you guys what its all about. I got the kit from GuagePro.

Then I got a new tune from SDK Performance so I went ahead and recorded the process as far as loading a new tune onto the chip-takes about 5 minutes and requires no removal of the chip.

I get my tunes here-

https://www.facebook.com/dan.kropinak
Enjoy

Last edited by Stewart_H; 10-12-2017 at 06:12 PM.
Old 10-09-2017, 06:04 PM
If it flies, it dies

mecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputation
I just had some tunes from SDK emailed to me, I haven't loaded them yet.

Let us know what you think.
Old 10-10-2017, 01:03 PM
Elder User

I need to get a video of it, but his all out tune freakin PULLS, the shift points are amazing, you dont even hardly feel it. it doesnt hit 4th gear until 60-65, and when you let off the throttle then jump on it it perks right up and just wants to go.

a lot better than my gearhead tuning ill tell you that. this one smokes just a little on takeoff but its not horrible. Like I said I need to get a video of it
Old 10-10-2017, 01:53 PM
Postmaster

Walleye Hunter is a name known to allWalleye Hunter is a name known to allWalleye Hunter is a name known to allWalleye Hunter is a name known to allWalleye Hunter is a name known to allWalleye Hunter is a name known to all
And how are your EGT's? That seems to be a sticking point with some tuners.
Old 10-10-2017, 01:56 PM
Postmaster

Sous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
And how are your EGT's? That seems to be a sticking point with some tuners.
Also, do you tow heavy or at all? If so, what are your EGT's when towing?
Old 10-10-2017, 03:11 PM
Elder User

I dont own a trailer so I couldnt tell you towing egts.

They were pretty low for an all out tune, sticking below 1000, usually just under 900 depends on how fast and how hard youre going obviously. Ill show you guys, probably tomorrow
Old 10-10-2017, 04:21 PM
Post Fiend

HKusp has a spectacular reputation.HKusp has a spectacular reputation.HKusp has a spectacular reputation.HKusp has a spectacular reputation.HKusp has a spectacular reputation.HKusp has a spectacular reputation.HKusp has a spectacular reputation.HKusp has a spectacular reputation.HKusp has a spectacular reputation.HKusp has a spectacular reputation.HKusp has a spectacular reputation.
You haven't seen much on the hydra on this forum? Really????
Old 10-10-2017, 06:04 PM
Post Fiend

Bonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to behold
Just following, hope to see what you load.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:15 PM
The Nekkid Super Mod

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by P4IN COMM4NDO View Post
So, I havent seen too much about the hydra on this forum. Figured Id take the chance to show you guys what its all about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
Beat me to it!

I was gonna say, P4IN, be careful how you post bud, people are gonna think you're a noob!

Stewart
Old 10-11-2017, 01:02 AM
Elder User

The Brad has a great reputation on FTE.The Brad has a great reputation on FTE.The Brad has a great reputation on FTE.The Brad has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
What's a Hydra? Is it as good as the $39 chip on eBay?

^^^^^
Sarcasm
Old 10-11-2017, 01:34 AM
Senior User

Keabler is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks. I was wondering about hydra. Lots of discussion, but I like the videos. Also like that mount.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:42 PM
Posting Guru

JT250 has a good reputation on FTE.JT250 has a good reputation on FTE.JT250 has a good reputation on FTE.
I have had a Hydra with Gearhead tunes for years. Interested to know what you didnt like about them and how the SDK is better for you.

Would like some Cody tunes
Old 10-11-2017, 05:29 PM
Elder User

brandon_oma#692 has a good reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a good reputation on FTE.
Tries to buy some of those tunes. Person I was dealing with was busy at the time so I went another route. Still want the hydra turtle sticker lol
Old 10-12-2017, 01:55 AM
The Nekkid Super Mod

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT250 View Post
Would like some Cody tunes
I gotta be honest Jason, I am glad I can say I do not share your sentiment, at least not in the same tense that you used.

Stewart
Old 10-12-2017, 09:43 AM
Posting Guru

JT250 has a good reputation on FTE.JT250 has a good reputation on FTE.JT250 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
I gotta be honest Jason, I am glad I can say I do not share your sentiment, at least not in the same tense that you used.

Stewart
If there was joke in there it blew right by me.