Hydra tuner - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hydra tuner

Old 10-12-2017, 08:55 AM
Postmaster

Sous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud of
Jason, if you look at line 3 in his signature he is implying that he has tunes from Cody, so the desire to get them is not there.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:03 AM
The Nekkid Super Mod

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT250 View Post
If there was joke in there it blew right by me.
Sorry, I thought the humor was obvious because it's no secret I'm a fan of Cody and appreciate his presence here helping the brotherhood. But my esteemed brother has your back with his post below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
Jason, if you look at line 3 in his signature he is implying that he has tunes from Cody, so the desire to get them is not there.
Yup, while I cannot say "I would like..." I can definitely say "I friggen love..."

I have one-off injectors. They were created for Clay who put them in the truck I bought from him a number of years back. Cody emailed me some tunes (that's emailed folks, not live tuned) after explaining the injector specs to him and his emailed tunes are the exact same ones I'm still running because they we so close to perfect, they work awesome.

So while I cannot say, "I would like some Cody tunes" I can say I am glad I have Cody tunes.

Stewart
Old 10-12-2017, 01:49 PM
Elder User

P4IN COMM4NDO is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
You haven't seen much on the hydra on this forum? Really????
I guess I havent been on the right threads. Havent seen it but maybe 3 or 4 times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
Beat me to it!

I was gonna say, P4IN, be careful how you post bud, people are gonna think you're a noob!

Stewart
haters gonna hate lol. I wont hesitate to admit that Im a general n00b lol. Cant hide from the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keabler View Post
Thanks. I was wondering about hydra. Lots of discussion, but I like the videos. Also like that mount.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT250 View Post
I have had a Hydra with Gearhead tunes for years. Interested to know what you didnt like about them and how the SDK is better for you.

Would like some Cody tunes
So far, I do not like the GH low idle tune, its not low enough. Basically its just taking the knock out of it.

The street tune is decent. I feel like I get good economy and decent power for cruising around.

Now, comparing the all out tunes is a little different. The SDK blows GH away on that one.

But, Dan does a lot of drag racing with his rig, so when he writes a tune its getting you down the road as fast as possible without blowing something up. Or thats what it feels like anyways.

GH states on their website that their tunes "will not blow smoke", which is good. But I feel like its a weaker tune because the fueling map isnt as aggressive.

Now, ive gotten on the SDK tune and it doesnt smoke bad, it leaves a little haze but i would hardly call it rolling coal.

Im planning to make a comparison video with data recorded from each tune, need an open weekend with a full tank of fuel so not sure when that will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon_oma#692 View Post
Tries to buy some of those tunes. Person I was dealing with was busy at the time so I went another route. Still want the hydra turtle sticker lol
DM Dan Kropinak on FB and ask about tunes if youre still looking. itll take a few days he usually has quite a few people after him. Ill let him know to look for ya if you are going to just let me know.

You might be able to DM Joe Oram on FB from gaugepro and see if he will send you one of the Hydra turtle stickers.

Last edited by Stewart_H; 10-12-2017 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:59 PM
The Nekkid Super Mod

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by P4IN COMM4NDO View Post
haters gonna hate lol. I wont hesitate to admit that Im a general n00b lol. Cant hide from the truth
Nah brah, you've been here long enough to not be considered a noob. I was just doing a little poke in the ribs.

Stewart
Old 10-12-2017, 02:05 PM
The Nekkid Super Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza35 View Post
Didn't know it came with a DP sticker in it. Reminds be of the Harley doing the same to the Indian. They must have a feud going on.
I think I might be missing something, and I have a feeling it's something I shouldn't be missing.

I recently uploaded a Chrome tool bar add-on unlocking blocked Photobucket pics, so I'm wondering if that is messing with my ability to see other pics being posted.

Stewart

Last edited by Stewart_H; 10-12-2017 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:06 PM
The Nekkid Super Mod

Quote:
I think I might be missing something, and I have a feeling it's something I shouldn't be missing.

Stewart
Thread cleaned and posts edited.

While we encourage truth here, we don't allow ridicule or SV bashing.

Let's keep past stuff out of the thread and keep this related to how the Hydra is working for the OP.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Stewart
Old 10-12-2017, 11:58 PM
Elder User

P4IN COMM4NDO is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Nah brah, you've been here long enough to not be considered a noob. I was just doing a little poke in the ribs.

Stewart
stop my ribs are bruised