Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.7 Rods

Old 08-31-2017, 01:17 PM
ruphianh
Senior User
ruphianh is starting off with a positive reputation.
"Part # for con rod prior to Jan 2016 is BC3Z-6200-A"

Part shows its for MY 13-16, not showing 17

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts...-rod-bc3z6200a

Old 08-31-2017, 01:22 PM
RedRage
Senior User
RedRage is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Whats wrong with this picture

I am beginning to question the authenticity of the picture. I'm not sure thats a 6.7 rod on the left. Numbers do not look right. I could be wrong but something does not look right.

Old 08-31-2017, 01:26 PM
RedRage
Senior User
BC

The BC rod is good up to Jan 1st 2016.

Then superseded by HC3Z-6200-A

Old 08-31-2017, 01:44 PM
Troy Buenger
Postmaster
Troy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by RedRage View Post
I am beginning to question the authenticity of the picture. I'm not sure thats a 6.7 rod on the left. Numbers do not look right. I could be wrong but something does not look right.

The rod that your questioning has "FoMoCo" stamped on it.

Old 08-31-2017, 01:50 PM
Ricohman
Posting Guru
Ricohman has a good reputation on FTE.Ricohman has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by RedRage View Post
Ford has changed many things on the 6.7 since it was introduced. Heads, block, turbo, head gaskets, crank, bearings, exhaust brake, injectors, pistons and rings, oil pan ect. There are probably things I'm forgetting here but modern engines are continuous in development. They pretty much have to be to remain competitive.

Old 08-31-2017, 01:51 PM
RedRage
Senior User
The other numbers are not right.

Old 08-31-2017, 02:00 PM
2009kr
Posting Guru
2009kr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.2009kr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by fordmantpw View Post
Check the date...that wouldn't make a difference to the 2017 Job #1/#2 trucks as some speculated....
I agree. My F450 was built the last week in February. It was the first job #2 truck I saw, so that was about the time of the switch over. It would be great to get a 1000 ft-lb flash update. The stock 925 is just sooo weak!

Old 08-31-2017, 02:35 PM
troverman
Post Fiend
troverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Ricohman View Post
Ford has changed many things on the 6.7 since it was introduced. Heads, block, turbo, head gaskets, crank, bearings, exhaust brake, injectors, pistons and rings, oil pan ect. There are probably things I'm forgetting here but modern engines are continuous in development. They pretty much have to be to remain competitive.
I've never heard anything about the block or cylinder heads being changed on a 6.7L from the original design in 2011.

Old 08-31-2017, 02:47 PM
KubotaOrange76
Post Fiend
KubotaOrange76 is a splendid one to beholdKubotaOrange76 is a splendid one to beholdKubotaOrange76 is a splendid one to beholdKubotaOrange76 is a splendid one to beholdKubotaOrange76 is a splendid one to beholdKubotaOrange76 is a splendid one to behold
i like the beefy rods, glad to see ford making a move. looks like they will make the block or crank the 1st weak link. Stock rods were always in the bend zone around 700 RWHP, i bet these are on par with cummins bottom end to the 1200 RWHP zone.

Old 08-31-2017, 02:54 PM
Ricohman
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by troverman View Post
I've never heard anything about the block or cylinder heads being changed on a 6.7L from the original design in 2011.
This was changed in the 2012 trucks then changed again and it 15 to 16 trucks. In 2015 there was a major revamp with more material added here and there to the block and heads different crank Etc

Old 08-31-2017, 03:04 PM
troverman
Post Fiend
troverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Ricohman View Post
This was changed in the 2012 trucks then changed again and it 15 to 16 trucks. In 2015 there was a major revamp with more material added here and there to the block and heads different crank Etc
I'd have to see information supporting that. My understanding is that the only thing changed between an 11 and 12 was the quarter turn oil drain disappearing along with the plastic oil pan. I'm well aware of the power increase in 2015 - new turbo and updates to the fueling system, maybe new head gaskets and updates to the crank (crank damper was changed) but as for the actual block and heads? The coffee table books don't reveal any change to these major components.

I could be wrong, but I'd love to see some supporting documents.

Old 08-31-2017, 03:59 PM
HouseMouse
Elder User
HouseMouse is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.HouseMouse is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by LOWRPMTORQUE View Post
The attached photo is from a 2017 Super Duty brochure. Based on the information shown I believe all of the 2017 engines have the upgraded rods, not just the job 2 trucks.

I agree with you here, otherwise Ford would have a false advertisement issue.

Old 08-31-2017, 04:09 PM
LOWRPMTORQUE
Senior User
LOWRPMTORQUE is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yep, the language says "new this year". I acquired the brochure in Dec. 2016. I believe it was printed in 2016. So if there was a change in Jan. 2016 that would make sense.

It would be nice to know what changes were made to the 6.7 it seems strange that Ford hasn't offered more specific information.

Old 08-31-2017, 04:49 PM
HouseMouse
Elder User
HouseMouse is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.HouseMouse is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Post #46 from
rupinah which gives the Change Over dates on the new rods and also coincides with the Ford Brochure for January of 2016. I would give it a high probability rating that ALL 2017's got the new rods.

Old 08-31-2017, 06:21 PM
Ricohman
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by troverman View Post
I'd have to see information supporting that. My understanding is that the only thing changed between an 11 and 12 was the quarter turn oil drain disappearing along with the plastic oil pan. I'm well aware of the power increase in 2015 - new turbo and updates to the fueling system, maybe new head gaskets and updates to the crank (crank damper was changed) but as for the actual block and heads? The coffee table books don't reveal any change to these major components.

I could be wrong, but I'd love to see some supporting documents.
2012's got different valves as the 2 piece valves in the 2011's were breaking off and causing a catastrophic failure.
When the power bump came in 2105 the 6.7 got different main bearings, larger single turbo and manifold, exhaust brake, hpfp and injectors, heads and head gaskets, crank fillets and damper, pistons.

Just google 6.7 changes. Plenty of info around. I may be wrong about the block though but I thought it received a material update as well. Can't recall where I read that a few years back.
http://www.powerstrokehub.com/6.7-mo...r-changes.html

Second-Generation Ford 6.7L Power Stroke - Torque Specs

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 6.7 Rods

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.