Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.7 Rods

Old 08-30-2017, 04:48 PM
69cj
Post Fiend
69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.
If job 1 doesn't have the new rod, whose trading their truck in to get it? Sounds like panic over it.

Old 08-30-2017, 05:03 PM
TexasPowerStroke
Freshman User
TexasPowerStroke is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by shortride View Post
This may be another example of believing everything you hear or read.

RCD is a pretty reputable shop. I would lean towards believing them that they have access to know that the latest 6.7s have these "upgraded" rods.

Old 08-30-2017, 05:10 PM
troverman
Post Fiend
troverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 69cj View Post
If job 1 doesn't have the new rod, whose trading their truck in to get it? Sounds like panic over it.
No panic...still a 100k warranty, right? Just interesting if Ford decided this needed to be addressed.

Old 08-30-2017, 05:16 PM
Ricohman
Posting Guru
Ricohman has a good reputation on FTE.Ricohman has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by troverman View Post
No panic...still a 100k warranty, right? Just interesting if Ford decided this needed to be addressed.
Running changes are not unheard of. But if this is true, and a boost in hp or torque is coming, then the early job 1 trucks may be left out?
There has been a lot of talk about 6.7 connecting rods. But I would think the number of affected vehicles is very small.

Old 08-30-2017, 06:19 PM
Karl4Cat
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by troverman View Post
As speculated, this isn't an issue with the current 6.7's that aren't tuned. It's just a preparatory move to get ready for the 2019 power bump.

Old 08-30-2017, 06:20 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
EpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant future
Just out of curiosity, but can rods be replaced without taking the top of the engine off? Can it be done from the bottom up? No, I'm not planning to do it but just wondering if the oil pan can be taken off and the crank dropped out to provide access to the connecting rods and wrist pins. I dunno.

Old 08-30-2017, 06:29 PM
Ricohman
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick View Post
Just out of curiosity, but can rods be replaced without taking the top of the engine off? Can it be done from the bottom up? No, I'm not planning to do it but just wondering if the oil pan can be taken off and the crank dropped out to provide access to the connecting rods and wrist pins. I dunno.
No.
And if the wrist pins are larger you may need new pistons as well.

Old 08-30-2017, 07:17 PM
Troy Buenger
Postmaster
Troy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick View Post

Darn it.... And I thought a new video idea was in the making.

Old 08-30-2017, 08:18 PM
nico963
Posting Guru
nico963 has a great reputation on FTE.nico963 has a great reputation on FTE.nico963 has a great reputation on FTE.nico963 has a great reputation on FTE.nico963 has a great reputation on FTE.
I don't know if it was just me or not but,When I looked at the pic all I saw was 1000FT LBS...

Old 08-30-2017, 08:59 PM
Slowtrucker
Senior User
Slowtrucker is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by nico963 View Post
I don't know if it was just me or not but,When I looked at the pic all I saw was 1000FT LBS...

Yes, exactly what I thought. Well that and 2018

Old 08-30-2017, 09:40 PM
Ricohman
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Slowtrucker View Post
Yes, exactly what I thought. Well that and 2018
Hmmm
If Ford announces the 2018's will have 1000ft/lb I will lose my mind. I just got my serial number today for my 2017 F450 that should be built in the next few weeks.
I put down $1000. Perhaps the dealer would work with me in getting a 2018.

Old 08-30-2017, 09:42 PM
Karl4Cat
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Ricohman View Post
Hmmm
If Ford announce the 2018's will have 1000ft/lb I will lose my mind. I just got my serial number today for my 2017 F450 that should be built in the next few weeks.
I put down $1000. Perhaps the dealer would work with me in getting a 2018.
The power bump comes in 2019 along with the 10 speed trans. No worries for now...

Old 08-30-2017, 09:46 PM
Ricohman
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
The power bump comes in 2019 along with the 10 speed trans. No worries for now...
I'd be ok with that. I'm not into testing new transmissions anyway.

Old 08-30-2017, 11:01 PM
Slowtrucker
Senior User
Slowtrucker is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Ricohman View Post
I'd be ok with that. I'm not into testing new transmissions anyway.

Not too sure how much of a test it will be. The Raptor had that 10 speed transmission already and the service guys tell me it has been flawless.

Old 08-30-2017, 11:14 PM
Ricohman
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Slowtrucker View Post
Not too sure how much of a test it will be. The Raptor had that 10 speed transmission already and the service guys tell me it has been flawless.
I didn't know they could tow as much as a 6.7 truck.
That's impressive.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 6.7 Rods

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.