Kansas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Flip4ford

Larry

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 07:25 AM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 106 Likes on 100 Posts
Larry

Som my nephew got to meet Larry the cable guy yesterday-- I guess he was a great fellow- and they hit it off well-- Larry even gave my nephew his cell number!!! I could hardly beleive that. What a nice caring guy. Wish I could have met him but I am so glad my nephew did! :-) So I was thinking of the celebity encounters I have had I'll list mine you ist yours...

I saw the top of madonnas head on an airplane-- 7 hours of seeing the back of her head and not getting to see the rest of her.

Shook George Bush Seniors hand
Stood in a parade for G W Bush
Shook Bill Clinton's Hand
Met Aretha Franklin at her restaurant in Atlanta
Met John Force and Ashley Force on the track
Met Eddie Munster
Met Adam West and got an Autograph
Met John Glenn
Met the Detroit city madman
Sat in a restaurant with Woody Allen but didn't interact with him
Watch Robin Williams put a napkin on his head and make a few jokes at a restaurant in LA- and got a napkin saying "Chad keep your pecker in your pants unless you use it"- from him"
Gen Colon Powell yelled at me to pick up a coke can
Had 14 masses with the Pope (John Paul the 2nd) along with 50,000 of my closest friends :-) (I wasn't even Catholic) but I was within 10 feet of him
Saw the real Budweiser Beer Horses
And Lastly made out with Cinderella from the Disney World Parades (before she was Cinderella)

I missed out on having beers with the band Skid Row and coffee with Arnold Schwarzenegger because I didn't believe my friend that they were going to be there.

How about you?

Old 08-25-2017, 09:57 AM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
Well, I met you, and you met them, so you pretty much could say I am rubbing elbows with the elite.. LOL!!

Got my picture with Don Knotts and the rest of the Andy Griffeth Show in Branson
Met Loretta Lynn's Daughter at the Ranch (another picture) and Loretta in Branson
Got a meet and greet with Dustin Lynch, (country singer), Jana Kramer, (actress/country singer) Toby Keith, Charlie Daniels, Sara Evans, 38 special, Damn Yankees, Warrant, Little River Band, and Steve Miller Band.
Got my picture with Emily West.
Stopped in a rest stop in Missouri on the way back from Ohio, and a bus rolled in, everyone piled off, it was the band "Machine Head" They seemed fairly cool.
Got off the plane from Florida in Wichita, and James Hetfield was standing outside of his tour bus smoking a cigarette, so I went and said hi... Think I made him nervous.
Was on a flight back from training, and stuck in the Dallas airport, because I missed my connecting flight. I was sitting amongst the Duck Dynasty family, and didn't realize it, because I don't watch much TV. People were coming up to them asking for pictures and autographs, but I had no idea who they were until about a week after that.
Stopped to help someone along the side of the road with a flat tire on my way home from work in Western Ks, turned out to be Tony Danza.. Should have made him change his own tire, he was a bit of a jerk to me.
Met Elvis Presley's uncle, and father at Graceland.
Met Weird Al on the street here in Manhattan, the day after his concert, walking to Mr Goodcents.
Watched Paul Harvey give a speech here in Manhattan at the College. (didn't talk to him)
I am sure there are more, but I don't recall all of them right now.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:59 AM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
Dennis and I sat front row at Country Stampede the day that Larry performed. He was still new and nobody knew him yet. The seats were empty in the VIP section. We had the choice of any seat in the area. Of course he performed at 11:00 am in the morning when most people were not yet awake.

Old 08-25-2017, 05:06 PM
husker
Hotshot
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts
I thought I met Sasquatch in the woods once in college after too many beers, but it turned out to just be a fraternity brother's date.

Old 08-25-2017, 05:54 PM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
I ran into Sasquatch once in the woods, but nobody believes him when he said he met me.

Old 08-27-2017, 12:56 PM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Curt I have seen pictures of you with you and Chip Foose! I wheeled once with the editor of Crawl Magazine.

Old 08-27-2017, 12:58 PM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
OH and I met and wheeled with Larry Eck from the pass patrol :-)

Old 08-27-2017, 01:32 PM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Flip4ford
Curt I have seen pictures of you with you and Chip Foose! I wheeled once with the editor of Crawl Magazine.
Oh yeah.. twice.. once in KC, once in California at his shop. Guess I spaced that one.

I also was there with the Crawl Magazine guy.. I didn't think of him as a celebrity I guess.

I was front page of a small magazine when I was about 4 or 5, but didn't think of myself as a celebrity, I was also on TV three times, but still not famous.

Old 08-28-2017, 07:41 AM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Oh I was on a science mag once-- I went in front of a solar telescope on a cliff at the beach- several miles from the base-- and stood there with my arms out for hours-- It was a good picture-- wonder if I still have it.

Old 08-28-2017, 08:58 AM
82'Stepside
Cargo Master
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I met the hosts of "Roadkill" last summer when I dragged raced the Denali in the pits of the Kansas Speedway. They were as awesome as they appeared on the show!

Other than that, I've led a fairly bland and boring life

Old 08-28-2017, 02:27 PM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
I went to school with a professional Football player, he was several years younger than me. He bought my grandparents homestead. I don't think he was celebrity status, but he made lots of money.

Old 08-30-2017, 08:08 AM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by Garden Spyder
I went to school with a professional Football player, he was several years younger than me. He bought my grandparents homestead. I don't think he was celebrity status, but he made lots of money.
Was it me? I like football- I'm a few years younger then you-- I bought your grandparents homestead-- Wait none of that is true--- carry on :-)

Old 08-30-2017, 09:34 AM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
No, it was Kelly Griffeth, he played for the Chargers after playing for Fort Hays.

Robin Griffeth's youngest son.

Old 08-30-2017, 09:39 PM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
That name sounds familiar

Old 08-31-2017, 06:15 AM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
They have a farm up north of the gun club in Jewell

Quick Reply: Larry