Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil and Filter

Old 08-20-2017, 02:27 AM
SandDude
Freshman User
SandDude is starting off with a positive reputation.
Oil and Filter

I have a 2017 F350 6.7 what is everyone using for oil and a filter?

Thanks!

Old 08-20-2017, 02:43 AM
SandDude
Freshman User
Is this oil over-kill...... Valvoline Premium Blue Extreme 5w40 synthetic.

Old 08-20-2017, 08:44 AM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.
Not overkill. That's what a lot of people are switching to that used to use Shell Rotella T6. I have 3 cases of the Valvoline oil sitting in my garage waiting for my first and second oil changes.

Old 08-20-2017, 10:46 AM
SandDude
Freshman User
If I'm changing my oil every 5000 miles, would someone recommend another oil? I like to do 5000 mile intervals.

Old 08-20-2017, 10:59 AM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.
The Valvoline is fairly inexpensive, compared to some other brands. It's synthetic so it could go longer than 5k miles. But if you want to change it at 5k the lower price makes that seem reasonable.

I'm not sure if I'm going to do 5K oil change intervals or just do it when the truck tells me to.

Old 08-20-2017, 11:25 AM
skanj0
Elder User
skanj0 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thus far I have done two oil changes on my 2016 with Valvoline PBE 5w40. The first at 1100 miles, and the second at 5500 miles. I plan to supercede the IOLM and do 5000 mile oil changes with PBE from here on out. This way I can do oil changes on my schedule.

I buy PBE when its on sale at Napa for $19/gallon.

Old 08-20-2017, 04:23 PM
2civicrr
Senior User
2civicrr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.2civicrr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Motorcraft filters and PBE now.

I used dino the first two change (factory fill & free dealership change) @ 5,000 miles. Switched to Rotella T6 and let the IOLM to tell me when to change after that. When Ford came out with their own oil spec, due to the CK release, I switched to the PBE.

Old 08-21-2017, 11:20 PM
Boaterguy
Senior User
Boaterguy is starting off with a positive reputation.
X2 here. My first oil change using Valvoline PBX will be happening in about 2000 more miles, prior to that, I also used T6 and changed every 5000 miles, and will continue to change every 5K.
2015 Powerstroke.

Old 08-22-2017, 03:22 PM
Dakster
Post Fiend
Dakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputation
x3 - NAPA right now jacked up the price on it, but I was able to get the $19 a gal deal on three gallons of it on Amazon. They shipped it free since I have a prime membership.

I always like to keep my next oil change supplies on hand.

Typically I follow the IOLM and the weather. I plan on doing my next one a little early so I am not trying to change it at -30F since I now do not have a heated garage to do one in.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:54 PM
MJMETHOW
Senior User
MJMETHOW is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just ordered PBX from Amazon $32 a case.Doing my first oil change at 2500 miles.Taking a road trip with the trailer and wanted fresh oil. My 17 sure beats my old 6 liter hands down. Really looking forward to this trip.

Old 08-23-2017, 07:48 AM
dirthawg
Elder User
dirthawg has a very good reputation on FTE.dirthawg has a very good reputation on FTE.dirthawg has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by MJMETHOW View Post
Just ordered PBX from Amazon $32 a case.Doing my first oil change at 2500 miles.Taking a road trip with the trailer and wanted fresh oil. My 17 sure beats my old 6 liter hands down. Really looking forward to this trip.
Did you mean $32 per gallon? I'm seeing $62 for a case of 3 gallon jugs.

Amazon Amazon

Old 08-23-2017, 09:34 AM
MJMETHOW
Senior User
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dirthawg View Post

https://www.amazon.com/Valvoline-Pre...8B06XFS3GQS%29
I stand corrected

Old 08-23-2017, 11:30 AM
69cj
Post Fiend
69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.

https://www.amazon.com/Valvoline-Pre...8B06XFS3GQS%29
That's 20.66 per gallon. Still not a bad price.

Old 08-23-2017, 05:04 PM
dirthawg
Elder User
dirthawg has a very good reputation on FTE.dirthawg has a very good reputation on FTE.dirthawg has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by 69cj View Post
That's 20.66 per gallon. Still not a bad price.
Agreed, I recently made a purchase from Amazon for that very same case of oil. Until Napa puts it back on sale I'll use Amazon.

Old 08-23-2017, 05:27 PM
MJMETHOW
Senior User
Agreed, I recently made a purchase from Amazon for that very same case of oil. Until Napa puts it back on sale I'll use Amazon.
And delivered to the door.One less stop to make.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Oil and Filter

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: