Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

*** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 08:17 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,464 Likes on 2,853 Posts
Not saying it is right or wrong for your application, but look into the T4/SXE setup. The kit and parts really are nothing more than a bunch of bolt on pieces that I have already removed and/or replaced anyway.

Then take into account the funds you would make back by selling the parts you replaced, they are really quite close to each other.

Here is a link to a thread I recently did comparing the two and how I made my decision.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...been-made.html

Old 05-17-2018, 01:09 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
If your talking to me Sous I love to but I don't think I could get it pass smog here in Cali. The KC38R mit even be a problem. My guy is pretty good but even he will only go so far. You would think because it's part of the intake system it wouldn't matter. They are exempt, but even now some want the carb numbers.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:11 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by Bonanza35
If your talking to me Sous I love to but I don't think I could get it pass smog here in Cali. The KC38R mit even be a problem. My guy is pretty good but even he will only go so far. You would think because it's part of the intake system it wouldn't matter. They are exempt, but even now some want the carb numbers.
Yes sir I was... Although, I neglected to look at your location first before posting about the T4/SXE. My mistake.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:15 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
I miss my home, but so dam glad I left. This stuff can suck it.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:16 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
No problem. I like suggestions. Sometimes it gives you second choices. If the wife hadn't had health problems this year we mit of already been looking for some other place to move. It's a little hard with the grand kids here and my son and family. But she wants to after all these years. I tried to get her to do so 35 years age and know way.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:42 PM
brian42
Lead Driver
Received 118 Likes on 78 Posts
If your talking to me Sous I love to but I don't think I could get it pass smog here in Cali. The KC38R mit even be a problem. My guy is pretty good but even he will only go so far (making a 38R my only viable potential option if I want to ditch the stocker). You would think because it's part of the intake system it wouldn't matter. They are exempt, but even now some want the carb numbers.
Up to the turbo is no problem as long as there's a filter on it. After that, though, is when you start rolling the dice. I've heard that as long as GARRETT is stamped on the housing you should be okay. Outside of that and you take your fate (and wallet) into your own hands. I can tell you that they know about the red/green lines, wastegate controller solenoid, and diaphragm wastegate controller. If you don't have those (and the lines connected) then you won't pass uless you have a "friendly" shop. Mine was friendly two years ago but not nearly as much this time around. I did get some things by (no EBPV, Hydra, FRx, OCR) so they weren't completely **** but the air lines were a sticking point.

Old 05-17-2018, 03:42 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Received 119 Likes on 84 Posts
Ok, WTH is up with the new updates to FTE? I try paging up after posting or reading and it continuously loads all the pages which makes it practically impossible to search threads.

Old 05-17-2018, 04:01 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
It is called "endless scrolling" or something like that. I read it in the update notes.

Although, I am seeing the thread jump to the Excursion section once in a while when scrolling up or down, which is strange.

Old 05-17-2018, 04:17 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Received 119 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Sous
It is called "endless scrolling" or something like that. I read it in the update notes.

Although, I am seeing the thread jump to the Excursion section once in a while when scrolling up or down, which is strange.
Thanks Sous, can it be shut off? Damn it’s annoying! I’ve noticed the same thing with regards to jumping forums.

Old 05-17-2018, 06:56 PM
machmedic
Laughing Gas
Received 106 Likes on 61 Posts
You can turn off the endless scrolling in your settings. I did because I like going page by page. If it ain't broke don't fix it, just my opinion.

Old 05-17-2018, 07:21 PM
jhl3
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Endless scrolling.........sucks! Yes, you can turn it off in settings; however, from my experience, it only works when you are logged in. Has anyone figured out a work around for when you are not logged in? Somehow, I can find myself in the Big Block 460 section with endless scrolling enabled due to the "Related Thread" update.

What do you guys think of the "Related Thread" relevancy? There is no relevance....at least on my computer. LOL! REALLY? You can turn that off too, thank goodness.

Anyone else having issues posting pictures at times?

What happened to the emoji?

Maybe I am just extremely challenged....to the MAX.

Old 05-17-2018, 10:02 PM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,133 Likes on 645 Posts
Crappy 16 hr day at work. Oh well, going camping the next 4 days
Finished solidifying the summer trip yesterday too

Just a couple miles in 4 weeks. Need to edit my packing list. The oil change pan may not fit in the suitcase

Old 05-18-2018, 06:18 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by jhl3
Endless scrolling.........sucks! Yes, you can turn it off in settings; however, from my experience, it only works when you are logged in. Has anyone figured out a work around for when you are not logged in? Somehow, I can find myself in the Big Block 460 section with endless scrolling enabled due to the "Related Thread" update.

What do you guys think of the "Related Thread" relevancy? There is no relevance....at least on my computer. LOL! REALLY? You can turn that off too, thank goodness.

Anyone else having issues posting pictures at times?

What happened to the emoji?

Maybe I am just extremely challenged....to the MAX.
I'm OK with endless scrolling, but may turn it off.

Related thread, turning that crap off right after I finish posting here.

Posting pictures is a nightmare compared to what it was. The forum now loads and shows the picture in the reply box instead of just the link, maybe we can change that too?

Emoji is one at a time now. I just copy and paste the text characters if I want more than one.

We are all challenged...

Old 05-18-2018, 08:40 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Wesley, that looks like one heck of a trip! Hopefully you will get some great photos to share with all of us

I am not sure why they changed the forum format. It seems like a poll would have been nice to ask the people that actually use it, but I guess that doesn't happen anymore. At least you can shut it off because that endless scrolling is pretty frustrating!

Well I guess tomorrow is another day of rest from the week inside since it will be sleeting and cold. It's been 80s all week, so no complaints though. As long as we have no calving or animal emergencies, it should be a great day of catching up on some boob tube time.

Old 05-18-2018, 08:44 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
We started watch Catastrophe last night on Amazon Prime, it is pretty funny. If you are looking for a comedy show and want something new, give it a shot.

Quick Reply: *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***