*** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2020, 08:09 PM
ESwift
cncfab
Received 1,703 Likes on 1,001 Posts
Originally Posted by Sous
Good news Eric!

Just be safe during your travels between home and hospital. The FTE community has you and your family in our thoughts.
That is the hardest part of my making the decision to transfer him. They will not allow me to go in. A sacrefice I was willing to make to get him the treatment he needs. He has about an hour left and then it is just monitoring him for a few days.
Have a nor-easter coming Wednsday into Thurs. Calling.for up to 20" of snow at hospital, and about a foot 3 hours north at home.
If they do get the option to come home by then, they will likely be stuck another day or 2. I do not want to risk him coming home a bit soon, and then have an emergency and not be able to get him there.
I am glad for technology and facetime!

Thank you guys for all the support!

​​

Old 12-13-2020, 08:24 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Received 119 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by ESwift
That is the hardest part of my making the decision to transfer him. They will not allow me to go in. A sacrefice I was willing to make to get him the treatment he needs. He has about an hour left and then it is just monitoring him for a few days.
Have a nor-easter coming Wednsday into Thurs. Calling.for up to 20" of snow at hospital, and about a foot 3 hours north at home.
If they do get the option to come home by then, they will likely be stuck another day or 2. I do not want to risk him coming home a bit soon, and then have an emergency and not be able to get him there.

​​
‘That’s good thinking Eric. Sounds like a hell of a storm coming, he’s better off at the hospital even if it sucks for you personally.

Old 12-14-2020, 07:31 AM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 2,011 Likes on 1,197 Posts
Originally Posted by ESwift

​​
We’ll be keeping all of you in our prayers! I will reiterate Sous’s comment that your friends here at FTE are available if you need us. I’ve seen this group do incredible things!!

They sent my friend Dottie home from the hospital the other day. The cognitive issues she was having are likely due to lesions in her brain. The scans also revealed spots on her lungs. Likely melanoma from their appearance and labeled ‘Stage 4’. She will not do any conventional treatment so it’s palliative care only. We are happy she is home and still lucid. She had (11) brothers and sisters and has lost (2) to cancers and a couple others are cancer survivors. The family has been trickling in to visit her - fortunately they can because she is not locked down in the hospital.

Squeeze the people you love every chance you get. We are not promised tomorrow and life is way more fragile than we like to accept.

On a happier note, my buddy and his GF arrived last night. We’ll be giving his truck some love (injectors, up-pipes, exhaust, etc) over the next few days. But first, I’ve got to disassemble a 7.3 truck I’ll be using the drivetrain out of in a 2006 F250 (6.0 delete). I’ll get some pics of the chop shop operation up later today!!

Old 12-14-2020, 09:50 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,572 Likes on 2,900 Posts
Since Wesley showed some global warming snowman building activities, I thought I would share our lone survivor tree hanging on to fall for as long as possible.

This is one of our two Bradford Pear trees. They look nice and grow fast, but are weak during wind storms. They do provide decent material for wood turning though.

Jason, sorry to hear about Dottie. As you know my mom passed away 13 months ago after being diagnosed with stage 4 bladder cancer 30 days prior.

The last two weeks we had her at home in hospice care with visiting nurses. She was just saying goodbye at that point and we were lucky enough to be by her side 24 hours a day and hold her hand as she passed.

Kate and I were unaware of the palliative care options available to us and the UGA hospital in Athens did an AMAZING job of making her journey as easy on her and us as it could be.

We were so grateful for their advice, instruction and care. No way we could have done it without them. When my father passed 11 years ago, he was an inpatient hospice care patient. So, things were very different.

Kate and I, and many other friends surround you and your family. Don't hesitate to call upon us for help if you need it.

Old 12-14-2020, 11:10 AM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 207 Likes on 109 Posts
Eric, our prayers are with you, brother. A sick child (or other loved one) is a huge stressor! Hoping it all gets resolved for them quickly.

I just ran across this picture below, and couldn't resist trying to offer a little wrenching humor this morning. I don't mean for this to belittle the situation with Eric and his family at all... just offering a chance for a momentary grin. If it comes across as tone deaf and/or irreverant or inappropriate, shoot me a PM and I'll pull it right back out without a trace.

Old 12-14-2020, 11:38 AM
ESwift
cncfab
Originally Posted by F250_
Eric, our prayers are with you, brother. A sick child (or other loved one) is a huge stressor! Hoping it all gets resolved for them quickly.

I just ran across this picture below, and couldn't resist trying to offer a little wrenching humor this morning. I don't mean for this to belittle the situation with Eric and his family at all... just offering a chance for a momentary grin. If it comes across as tone deaf and/or irreverant or inappropriate, shoot me a PM and I'll pull it right back out without a trace.
Thank you!
I love that pic, it gives me a good chuckle :-)

Old 12-14-2020, 11:41 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by F250_

I just ran across this picture below, and couldn't resist trying to offer a little wrenching humor this morning. I don't mean for this to belittle the situation with Eric and his family at all... just offering a chance for a momentary grin.

Old 12-14-2020, 11:44 AM
ESwift
cncfab
This clip, which I first saw on AA's person FB page gave me one of the best laughs in quite a while!

Old 12-14-2020, 07:11 PM
ESwift
cncfab
Update on Clayton

Clayton continues to be a happy little guy.
He completed the ivig transfusion, he did very well with it.
Today they did another heart echo. This showed a few things. First of all it showed that transferring him was the correct decision, I wish we would have done it sooner, but we are very thankfull we did not wait another day.

Clayton has a few coronary aneurysms, this is from the inflamation due to Kawasaki disease. The good news is that his treatment should stop this from worsening, and they do not expect any long term issues at this time. They will be closely monitoring Clayton for any changes and to make sure the ivig treatment does its job. He will need to have 2 heart echos per week, we are not sure yet how long that will need to continue.

At this point Clayton and Melissa will be staying at Hershey for at least the rest if the week. We are still unsure if I will be allowed to visit.
We are going on two weeks, Ben and Ayla are really missing Melissa and Clayton, & vice versa.
We are hoping to all be home together as soon as possible.

Old 12-14-2020, 07:17 PM
FordTruckNoob
Identifies as He/Him/Noob
Received 3,022 Likes on 1,993 Posts
That is excellent news Eric.

Old 12-14-2020, 07:35 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Clayton looks full of life and joy! We are all hoping for your family to be together soon too!

Old 12-14-2020, 08:49 PM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,176 Likes on 668 Posts
Priceless picture of a joyful one!
​​​​​​Praying you get an early Christmas gift of health and all home together

I'll echo the other's sentiments with firsthand experience, hug them every chance you get, you never know when you may suddenly be robbed of any future hugs

Old 12-14-2020, 09:28 PM
ToolmakerRob
Laughing Gas
Received 157 Likes on 97 Posts
Eric,Sorry to hear the issues your family is going through. I was away for a few days/out of internet connection. Must be especially difficult when you can't be in the hospital with them due to the virus protocols. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Rob

Old 12-15-2020, 06:26 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
Wow, good luck with your little guy, hope he recovers quickly and completely.

Old 12-15-2020, 11:41 AM
ESwift
cncfab
Ye old very rusty and not very trusty junker is all set to make me more paychecks.
I cant believe this poor thing is still going.

Quick Reply: *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***