Sponsored by: DP Tuner

*** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2017, 07:10 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by z31freakify
Its even worst here in the border land we got drivers from every corner of the USS traveling to Mexico and we got our Mexican neighbors wrecking havoc in parking lots and our freeways, to top it of construction going on for almost 20 miles on I-10
Ugh, sounds like a nightmare Adam. Hope you had a great holiday with the family.

Old 12-26-2017, 09:34 AM
brandon_oma#692
Fleet Mechanic
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Hopped in the truck Christmas morning when it was about 5 degrees out with the truck sitting since December 8th. Key on wait about 30 seconds and crank over. Popped right off and was a little cranky for a few seconds then settled down.

The flatbed was full of burnables and junk up past my 2ft tall sideboards so I putted my way across town to the inlaws for Christmas and to empty the truck on the burn pile. Looking at the tracks you could see the inside wheels slipping a little when turning as the rear end was locked under power, so nice to drive up a slippery snowy driveway and not worry about traction. I am sure I would have needed to get a run at it to make it up the hill without the locker and I would have not even thought of backing down to the burn pile. I got stuck in that driveway a few times last year. I am just so happy with this truck right now.

I am no longer using it as a daily driver and I miss driving it but I am saving about $9 a day on fuel just to and from work, plus not driving it in the ridiculous amount of sale we like to use here (need to wash truck good asap). My grandma had an elantra sitting and offered it to me to use. A used battery ($20), a good cleaning, mounted some tires I had on a set of wheels I bought ($100), and an oil change ($10), and I'm rolling. It was sitting about 2 years so I will be doing some catch up maintenance to keep it going I assume.

Old 12-26-2017, 10:38 AM
bdpotts
More Turbo
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Good morning FTE. just got home from a 24-hr christmas shift. will be celebrating today with in-laws, gifts, and some spiked egg-nog. holiday wishes to you all!

Old 12-27-2017, 08:03 PM
z31freakify
Hotshot
Received 1,188 Likes on 816 Posts
Just thought Ill share this the price is right and looks awesome.
Not mine, and not a for sale add.
https://elpaso.craigslist.org/cto/d/...439510168.html

Old 12-27-2017, 08:27 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Received 119 Likes on 84 Posts
Adam, I'm curious were bucket seats in the back a factory option or is that custom? I like the look of that set up.

Old 12-27-2017, 08:44 PM
z31freakify
Hotshot
Received 1,188 Likes on 816 Posts
Have no clue but they look like stock seats too me.

Old 12-27-2017, 09:12 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Dangit, if I had taxes back, I would buy that in a heartbeat. I love the front bumper and the flatbed.

Old 12-28-2017, 03:44 AM
Pitcrw6
Logistics Pro
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Have no clue but they look like stock seats too me.
Second row bucket seats were an option.

Old 12-30-2017, 05:58 AM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,133 Likes on 645 Posts
Brr. Yay single diget weather. Time to let those glow plugs earn their keep

Old 12-30-2017, 10:51 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Wesley Green
Brr. Yay single diget weather. Time to let those glow plugs earn their keep
You guys have been going through it!! You aren't even that far from us either. I think it's supposed to be even worse come Sunday. Give her hell with those GPs!! LOL

Morning everyone. I slept until 9:30 this morning! We all did. I haven't done that since gradeschool....must have needed it. Happy Saturday and Shabbat for those who observe on Saturday.

Old 01-05-2018, 01:33 PM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,133 Likes on 645 Posts
I'm glad those 2 weeks are behind us, time to slow down a bit. Had 2 family Christmas get togethers, youngest daughter's birthday on the 26th, another out of town family Christmas get together, middle daughters birthday on the 31st, and over a week straight of 12hr shifts. Single digit weather & sub zero weather too. Truck starting fine and performing like a champ, knock on wood. Now to enjoy my day off before the next round starts. Y'all stay safe out there, n throw another log on the fire

Old 01-06-2018, 08:54 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Mornin' Wesley and other fellas! Man, this day is a much needed rest day and I am glad it's here. Hope everyone is warm, sitting by the fire, or working on truck projects in a heated shop.

Pretty soon this month, I'll be installing an Outlaw full replacement bumper, CNC Stage 1 HPOP, a B&W GN Hitch, and a new set of tires. Other than that, truck is starting and performing great in these cold temps. I plugged in a few nights just to save wear and tear and heat it up faster to get to work, but it has started all the way down to 10* with no hiccups. I am glad I did GPs this Fall before it got cold.

Old 01-06-2018, 09:04 AM
Glowplugger
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Wesley Green
I'm glad those 2 weeks are behind us, time to slow down a bit. Had 2 family Christmas get togethers, youngest daughter's birthday on the 26th, another out of town family Christmas get together, middle daughters birthday on the 31st, and over a week straight of 12hr shifts. Single digit weather & sub zero weather too. Truck starting fine and performing like a champ, knock on wood. Now to enjoy my day off before the next round starts. Y'all stay safe out there, n throw another log on the fire
Those Christmas birthdays are fun when they happen, not so much the rest of the time right? I've got two daughters with birthdays in Dec too plus my own and it's always a struggle to put a separator between Christ's birthday and theirs so they don't have one blob-o-presents and remember the 'reason for the season'. Still, when it happened it was the best blessing ever. Congrats and sympathies, amigo!

Originally Posted by BBslider001
Mornin' Wesley and other fellas! Man, this day is a much needed rest day and I am glad it's here. Hope everyone is warm, sitting by the fire, or working on truck projects in a heated shop.

Pretty soon this month, I'll be installing an Outlaw full replacement bumper, CNC Stage 1 HPOP, a B&W GN Hitch, and a new set of tires. Other than that, truck is starting and performing great in these cold temps. I plugged in a few nights just to save wear and tear and heat it up faster to get to work, but it has started all the way down to 10* with no hiccups. I am glad I did GPs this Fall before it got cold.
Now that's a nice list! How cold is it there? This is the second day above 40 we've had in over a week. I'll be in the garage doing "Just got her in my name" maintenance and lovin' on her real good all day. Nothing as cool as that, but some new-to-me adventures. Lock actuators, mirror controls, rear ends, and steering gear tightening (kinda skeerd of that one).

Old 01-06-2018, 09:16 AM
SaintITC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Idaho_F250
To be fair I think it said 76 degrees... I was rounding up. It drops about 10 degrees or so once the oil starts to cycle. PO replaced the heating element and cord 2 years ago. Now the transmission temp is another story, it was around 12 F when I started it.
I owe you an apology for doubting you!
I did need a new block heater! With the latest cold snap, I had a really hard start last Tuesday, Torque said EOT was 24F after sitting overnight. Got it to work, checked the current draw on the heater when plugged in and it was really low, like 4 amps. So I picked up one from Amazon, put it in and this morning, 8F outside and plugged in overnight, EOT on Torque said 78F! Started right up, and not nearly the white cloud I had on Tuesday.

Old 01-06-2018, 10:40 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Glowplugger
Now that's a nice list! How cold is it there? This is the second day above 40 we've had in over a week. I'll be in the garage doing "Just got her in my name" maintenance and lovin' on her real good all day. Nothing as cool as that, but some new-to-me adventures. Lock actuators, mirror controls, rear ends, and steering gear tightening (kinda skeerd of that one).
It got down to some 8* nights this last week with all cold fronts pushing through. Now it's back up to the normal 30s at night, 60s during the day. It fired right up on one of those 8* mornings without being plugged in. I wanted to test the GPs after replacing them a couple months ago.

Sounds like you have the fun kind of work! Keep us posted.

Quick Reply: *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***