Sponsored by: DP Tuner

*** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 12:47 PM
ZachinCO
More Turbo
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado350
. Sorry to hear that Brother. I’m sure something else will come along. Hey, with all this free time you can track down those running board mounts. . How’s the barn coming along?
It's all good. Got another lead from a buddy, company with a local office, probably more in my wheelhouse too. Hoping he has some pull. Yeah, I've been getting lots of around the house things done, putting up fence and stuff. Waiting for the weather to be good and warm, then the builder will be back to paint and he'll be finished. Then it's time for me to get hopping on my part to finish the interior.
Originally Posted by Sous
I am not shy about going into the hole in the wall spots, some of the best places to be are like that. I will see what our friend recommends and if they are hesitant, I will say "how about something like Gino's" and go from there.

I will try any food once. One of my most memorable meals was eating live, fresh eel that was still squirming at the fish market in Pusan South Korea... Other foods around the world have been tried and good, but I always come back to a hot burger and cold beer as my favorite.

Mark, we are staying in NJ and they do not honor my CWP. So, I will have to keep my carry weapon in the back of the Subaru until we get stopped in Philadelphia. Carry it during the visiting periods and then put it back in the back when going to our camp site.

Everywhere else (except for Maryland of course) honors our CWP, so that is good.
Gino's is by no means the greatest cheesesteak I've ever had, but it's one of those iconic spots you visit. Pat's it caddy corner, you can hit both and compare, just like Guy Fiere.

Old 05-02-2019, 02:24 PM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
I am not shy about going into the hole in the wall spots, some of the best places to be are like that. I will see what our friend recommends and if they are hesitant, I will say "how about something like Gino's" and go from there.

I will try any food once. One of my most memorable meals was eating live, fresh eel that was still squirming at the fish market in Pusan South Korea... Other foods around the world have been tried and good, but I always come back to a hot burger and cold beer as my favorite.

Mark, we are staying in NJ and they do not honor my CWP. So, I will have to keep my carry weapon in the back of the Subaru until we get stopped in Philadelphia. Carry it during the visiting periods and then put it back in the back when going to our camp site.

Everywhere else (except for Maryland of course) honors our CWP, so that is good.
Ugh, NJ! Hollow points are illegal to posses there so don't even have them around...and so are mags of ten or more capacity (I'm not sure if it's 9 or 10 allowed). Who's got the best cheese steak? LOL, Which tires should I buy??? They all claim to be/have the best. A couple of things to consider...Pat's, Jim's, Tony Luke's and Geno's all claim to have to best and are all pretty good (I guess), one man's trash is another man's treasure...anyhow, fried onions are pretty much standard, then one (or more of them) wants to put cheese wiz on there (no bull, and they ask, "wit or witout wiz?", or just "wit or witout", and wiz is what they're talking about). In the suburbs we use sauce on ours, it's a tomato sauce similar to, but different from pizza sauce and spaghetti sauce, if you ask for sauce in Philthytown they don't have a clue what you are talking about. Your friend should be able to hook you up with a good choice or two.

Old 05-02-2019, 03:03 PM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter
LOL, how's this look?

Philly's Finest
Hey!! That chick on the cover, owes me money
Ballgame, cheesesteaks and some jugs...IM IN!

Old 05-02-2019, 03:59 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,464 Likes on 2,853 Posts
Ugh, NJ! Hollow points are illegal to posses there so don't even have them around...and so are mags of ten or more capacity (I'm not sure if it's 9 or 10 allowed).
I carry a single stack Kahr CM9 or single stack Springfield XDS with 6 rounds in the clip. Although, I did just take the Hornady hollow points out and load standard lead just in case I have a personal conversation with some LE.

Thanks for the tip!

Old 05-02-2019, 05:02 PM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,133 Likes on 645 Posts
Ahh a day off

What to do? How about take apart the passenger door and attempt to catch tetnis, and while im at maybe apply sound deadner? 🤣

Write up to follow after dinner guests, n then school going people are asleep

Old 05-03-2019, 08:51 AM
brian42
Lead Driver
Received 118 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by Wesley Green
What to do? How about take apart the passenger door and attempt to catch tetnis...

Old 05-03-2019, 08:52 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Wesley Green
Ahh a day off

What to do? How about take apart the passenger door and attempt to catch tetnis, and while im at maybe apply sound deadner? 🤣

Write up to follow after dinner guests, n then school going people are asleep
At least it can't give you the measles.

Old 05-03-2019, 09:02 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
At least it can't give you the measles.
This measles crap is getting out of control...

I mean, is it really that big of a deal to NOT get vaccinated...

I guess it is a personal decision for a family, but once the individual is infected, then it becomes a public issue...

https://www.cdc.gov/measles/cases-outbreaks.html

Old 05-03-2019, 09:08 AM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,133 Likes on 645 Posts
Couldn't help but laugh as we were reading in bed last night n wife showed me the news story on the Scientology cruise ship that is being quarantined for measles outbreak. Sure they'll still argue against immunization once they are allowed to disembark

Old 05-03-2019, 11:44 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
I think I'm covered, I had them and most others when I was a kid.

Old 05-03-2019, 12:38 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Thanks to 22 years of service and many deployments to the toilets of the world, I could be bitten by a zombie from Walking Dead and be just fine.

People think it won't happen to them, then it does and then they up shift into "OH **** GEAR"

Old 05-03-2019, 12:42 PM
ZachinCO
More Turbo
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
This measles crap is getting out of control...

I mean, is it really that big of a deal to NOT get vaccinated...

I guess it is a personal decision for a family, but once the individual is infected, then it becomes a public issue...

https://www.cdc.gov/measles/cases-outbreaks.html

Not to dabble in the political, but I'd be curious to see an overlay of the states with outbreaks and their illegal populations.

For the record, I think some vaccines are over the top.

Old 05-03-2019, 01:04 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
I think I'm covered, I had them and most others when I was a kid.
The disease or the vaccine?

Apparently if a person was born after 1963 (or was it '62?) they are suggesting another inoculation. Babies born prior to that year got two vaccinations for measles. Those born after only got one. Even in some two-shot cases though, docs are saying the antibodies for some people may be so low as to need another shot.

Get checked people, if you're even the slightest bit unsure.

Stewart

Old 05-03-2019, 02:32 PM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
The disease or the vaccine?

Apparently if a person was born after 1963 (or was it '62?) they are suggesting another inoculation. Babies born prior to that year got two vaccinations for measles. Those born after only got one. Even in some two-shot cases though, docs are saying the antibodies for some people may be so low as to need another shot.

Get checked people, if you're even the slightest bit unsure.

Stewart
The genuine disease, my portfolio includes chicken pox, measles, german measles and the mumps. But I was a good kid.

Old 05-03-2019, 08:47 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner

Quick Reply: *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***