Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

*** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 08:16 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
13* and about 3" of snow from yesterday and tomorrow's scheduled to be cold here too.

Old 01-30-2019, 11:09 AM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,133 Likes on 645 Posts
17* this morning. Rebuilt turbo with KC drop in sxe 300 turbine wheel, wrapped bellowed uppipes. Got called into work tonight in exchange for tomorrow day off, so catch ya later

Old 01-30-2019, 12:18 PM
ZachinCO
More Turbo
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado350

@ZachinCO do you have a Freemartin or are they both bulls or heifers?
Got a Freemartin. She's also gonna be a bottle calf as of now. Mamma is only taken to the bull calf. Both calves are Baldies.

Old 01-30-2019, 02:59 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,464 Likes on 2,853 Posts
If there comes a day when you feel that you are tired of working on your truck, tired of how difficult the truck is to work on or just want something new. Take a look at any 6.7 repair video on YouTube for just a few moments and you will have your mind changed and walk away thankful you own a 7.3 diesel. The 6.7 is not immune to problems and I have seen all of the same issues we have (water pumps, fluid leaks, broken radiator, turbo failures etc), but on trucks that are 1 year old, 2 years old, 3 years old, etc... What a ****ing joke...

Here is one video I was amused with just today while surfing YouTube and enjoying a cold beer.

Old 01-30-2019, 03:15 PM
akcooper9
Laughing Gas
Received 60 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Sous
If there comes a day when you feel that you are tired of working on your truck, tired of how difficult the truck is to work on or just want something new. Take a look at any 6.7 repair video on YouTube for just a few moments and you will have your mind changed and walk away thankful you own a 7.3 diesel. The 6.7 is not immune to problems and I have seen all of the same issues we have (water pumps, fluid leaks, broken radiator, turbo failures etc), but on trucks that are 1 year old, 2 years old, 3 years old, etc... What a ****ing joke...

Here is one video I was amused with just today while surfing YouTube and enjoying a cold beer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLeoPT6TBO4
Im not even 15 seconds into the view and the guys says, 'we are going to show you how to remove your turbo with the cab on the truck, it can be done'

Old 01-30-2019, 03:50 PM
brian42
Lead Driver
Received 118 Likes on 78 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLeoPT6TBO4
The first piece takes universals/swivels and clip tools. Then you have to take out a hidden bolt, give it a "quick tug" to pull it loose, reach underneath to release a clip, and, voila, it pulls out. First piece is done!

Removing coolant lines to remove the turbo...no thanks. I'll stick with my old tech and one coolant system.

At 9:20 he talks about the electric connector for the throttle valve. Do the new diesels have a throttle valve? Maybe I'm just 7.3L dumb but I didn't think diesels had a throttle valve.

I do like his sweatshirt though.

Old 01-30-2019, 03:54 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts

Ummm, a plastic plenum? Yeah he lost me after about 5 minutes.

Old 01-30-2019, 04:04 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Oh it gets much better... My favorite bit starts at 17:10... and I quote "I'll show you a little silly part of this job that shouldn't take this long" and then he uses a scope to "find the electrical connector".

Like I said in the past, the 6.7 is a well built and well designed engine, but they have ALL of the problems we have and more, even with them being a decade or more newer. Ridiculous, just ****ing stupid how much crap has to go under the hood in order for the truck to run or not be in limp mode.

Click here for video to start at 17:10 if you are interested.

Old 01-30-2019, 04:22 PM
brian42
Lead Driver
Received 118 Likes on 78 Posts
Don't forget about removing the fender liner to gain access to the back. When all said and done it b-a-r-e-l-y squeezes out from under the cowl.

Old 01-30-2019, 04:26 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by brian42
Don't forget about removing the fender liner to gain access to the back. When all said and done it b-a-r-e-l-y squeezes out from under the cowl.
Just for anyone not able to see the video, the fender liner was removed so that (time 27:20) he could get to "that murderous little ******* that is the drivers side manifold up-pipe clamp". Too funny...

Grabbing another beer to watch a few more 6.7 maintenance videos. This **** cracks me up...

Old 01-30-2019, 04:39 PM
SRBF150
Laughing Gas
Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
I bet the install of that turbo is 2x as difficult.

Old 01-30-2019, 10:00 PM
z31freakify
Hotshot
Received 1,188 Likes on 816 Posts
Thats why if you ever go new get a Ram with a cummins, they are easy to work on if you ever have the misfortune of something going bad, everything can be seen in the engine bay and its at hands reach with no cab removal lol....... Our delivery and tow mule is a 16 Ram 3500 2wd dually CCLB with a CM truck bed has 135k with zero problems (knock on wood) except when we first go it it had a bad DEF pump from factory and was covered under warranty, did its first CCV filter change @ 100k (its under the valve cover and part of maintance item) tranny is rock solid too (2 complete tranny fluid changes going on third at 150k). Interior is holding up really well granted the guy driving it is my dad and likes taking care of his tools. Power is awsome, If I ever buy a new truck with a diesel which I doubt it's going to be a Ram with th 6.7 cummins.

Old 01-30-2019, 10:27 PM
Colorado Horseman
Tuned
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by ZachinCO
Got a Freemartin. She's also gonna be a bottle calf as of now. Mamma is only taken to the bull calf. Both calves are Baldies.
Your cow knows which of her calves will better the herd. A shame your Freemartin will not add to the herd, but she will make fine eating butchered next fall.

Old 01-30-2019, 11:58 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Just for anyone not able to see the video, the fender liner was removed so that (time 27:20) he could get to "that murderous little ******* that is the drivers side manifold up-pipe clamp". Too funny...

Grabbing another beer to watch a few more 6.7 maintenance videos. This **** cracks me up...
Originally Posted by SRBF150
I bet the install of that turbo is 2x as difficult.
Originally Posted by z31freakify
Thats why if you ever go new get a Ram with a cummins, they are easy to work on if you ever have the misfortune of something going bad, everything can be seen in the engine bay and its at hands reach with no cab removal lol....... Our delivery and tow mule is a 16 Ram 3500 2wd dually CCLB with a CM truck bed has 135k with zero problems (knock on wood) except when we first go it it had a bad DEF pump from factory and was covered under warranty, did its first CCV filter change @ 100k (its under the valve cover and part of maintance item) tranny is rock solid too (2 complete tranny fluid changes going on third at 150k). Interior is holding up really well granted the guy driving it is my dad and likes taking care of his tools. Power is awsome, If I ever buy a new truck with a diesel which I doubt it's going to be a Ram with th 6.7 cummins.
This is why if it gets to be impossible to keep an old diesel, I'll just get a big gasser.

Old 01-31-2019, 07:55 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
-1* here this AM, coldest I recall in years. And after the snow it got windy yesterday and drifted into the driveway so the cars won't get out, I'll have to get out there and fix that.

Quick Reply: *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***