Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

*** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2023, 02:22 PM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
Received 1,480 Likes on 963 Posts
I cant believe how steep los primos is in person.
pretty radical guys jump that.

Awesome guys, be cool to get together and ride some time.
brad you ever checked out aop in south pittsburg?

i need to extend the reservoir on the saginaw pump, it gets pretty unhappy and tends to puke fluid once it gets warm. Ideally change from single ended to double ended ram for more balanced steering. Thinking about the old simple radiator hose method.

brad its spool 14 bolt rear detroit lp chevy 60 front. Chromos and ctms psc full hydro atlas 3.8 & manual th350.
convertor stall is too high for my driving style want to go with closer to stock stall this winter.
obs looks sick broke

The following users liked this post:
Old 05-29-2023, 02:38 PM
John in OkieLand
Fleet Mechanic
Received 568 Likes on 437 Posts
Those Toyota front ends, are the weakest there is, just ask Rory @ Trail Mater on YouTube, in Moab, UT

he has welded a bunch of them back together, so they can creep back down off the rocks west of Moab..... or, he drags them home behind his wrecker.

this Square Body blue truck is the latest edition to his wrecker fleet, the best one is brown and looks glued together, as it was over ten plus years, each mod he adds to it, makes it stronger.... all of his wreckers have tools and welders on them.

the last mod to Blue, was a Custom Built Transfer Case, that he special ordered, it has a Double Low gear in now, "doubler", that 454 ci with FI, will crawl up the slopes, so slow you don't think it is even moving... and pulling a big Jeep, or Toyota, behind it, and not even "slowing down", as it is already crawling like a Centipede...

the best thing about Blue? it has Air Conditioning

Old 05-29-2023, 03:23 PM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 1,973 Likes on 1,174 Posts
Originally Posted by John in OkieLand
Those Toyota front ends, are the weakest there is, just ask Rory @ Trail Mater on YouTube, in Moab, UT

I guess it depends on what you do with it. I see a lot of stupid driving on the trails. This isn’t a Rock Bouncer racing up the Hammers. I prefer the slow crawl and find a line that works without a lot of wheel speed. With dual t-cases (2.2:1 & 4.7:1) I have a crazy low crawl ratio and far more torque than traction (20 forward gears). I drove this truck 150k miles on the street and have been playing in the dirt and rocks for over 25yrs.

Old 05-29-2023, 05:59 PM
petrokiller
Fleet Mechanic
Received 241 Likes on 164 Posts
Jason I also prefer to slow crawl if possible. But would love to have tons Juan day that I could go wild with the ole Right foot.

Chris your jeep sounds pretty well built. Mine is still open for now. May throw a lunchbox locker in Juan of them.

Jason and Chris what are your thoughts on front or rear axle to start with?

I watch trailmater everyday John. I am on YouTube more than the BS on TV

Old 05-29-2023, 06:03 PM
petrokiller
Fleet Mechanic
Received 241 Likes on 164 Posts
I have seen a bunch of AOP on YouTube. Worried it might be a little rough for my lifted stock ZJ.
​​​​​​

Old 05-30-2023, 07:51 AM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
Received 1,480 Likes on 963 Posts
If you got to pick one do the rear.
wont affect turning radius near as much.
if its a dana 35 tread lightly
the 8.25 holds up much better

Old 05-30-2023, 05:31 PM
John in OkieLand
Fleet Mechanic
I just couldn't help it....
the month of May is gone....

Old 05-31-2023, 07:30 AM
FordTruckNoob
Identifies as He/Him/Noob
Received 2,983 Likes on 1,970 Posts
I am planning another engine rebuild. The one for the race car’s engine this time. It’s a Ford Duratec 2.0 HE I4. It needs at least a forged crank (factory is cast), stronger longer conrods, shorter pistons with higher compression and all timing pulleys keyed to their shafts. Yes you read that last part right. The factory design uses friction washers. 😬

Old 05-31-2023, 07:53 AM
John in OkieLand
Fleet Mechanic
that is going to be an Expensive rebuild, is the car used enough to warrant that?

Old 05-31-2023, 08:27 AM
FordTruckNoob
Identifies as He/Him/Noob
Received 2,983 Likes on 1,970 Posts
Wut? When has logic ever been in play when it comes to toys?

The following 6 users liked this post by FordTruckNoob:
F350towing, helifixer, John in OkieLand, RacinJasonWV, SDElwood, SkySkiJason and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-31-2023, 08:38 AM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,847 Likes on 1,174 Posts
Originally Posted by FordTruckNoob
Wut? When has logic ever been in play when it comes to toys?
anytime your wife voices her opinion!
years ago I built a 454 for my '77 K10, ported polished .040 over, custom cut cam, double roller timing, edelbrock intake, hyper-eutectic (sp) pistons, balanced to 1 gram after about 1 week of driving it I found a stroker crank which would have made it almost 500 cubic inches, my wife stopped me!

The following 2 users liked this post by helifixer:
Old 05-31-2023, 09:03 AM
ESwift
cncfab
Received 1,653 Likes on 979 Posts
All washed up and ready for the 625 miles to the Ultimate Callout Challenge tomorrow. Event goes Fri-Sun
Stop by the CNC Fabrication booth and say hi!

The following 4 users liked this post by ESwift:
Old 05-31-2023, 09:51 AM
kd5zll
More Turbo
Received 136 Likes on 108 Posts
Just met a nice young man at the fuel pump. Hes headed east with his new truck. But hes got oil in the valley and coolant. Didnt have much time, but i told him to get on here, and sent him after a bluetooth obd 30 miles away. Hopefully he can get sorted, hes headed to maryland, and capped at about 60mph.

Old 05-31-2023, 01:46 PM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 206 Likes on 108 Posts
Well, we discovered this past weekend just how freaking crazy the real estate market still is here on the south side of Charlotte. The "coming soon" sign went up Friday at noon (not showing until this coming Saturday), but we had a "site unseen" offer at 9:30p Friday night (same day as sign) for $10k above asking price. I told them it was too soon, and they would have to add another $15k for me to take it back off the market that fast, and they said OK! We had a signed contract for $25k above asking within 24 hours of having the sign posted, and that is after having raised our starting price by $50k earlier in the week after our neighbors sold their house for full price in one day. We never had to get the house "staged" for showing, get measurements for a floor plan print, have any pictures taken for the listing, or ever have any public showing at all! The final sales price is almost double what we paid for the house less than 4 years ago, and it was "move in ready" when we bought it!

We are SO blessed and SO fortunate! It's rather humbling!

The following 11 users liked this post by F250_:
Old 05-31-2023, 01:56 PM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
Originally Posted by F250_
Well, we discovered this past weekend just how freaking crazy the real estate market still is here on the south side of Charlotte. The "coming soon" sign went up Friday at noon (not showing until this coming Saturday), but we had a "site unseen" offer at 9:30p Friday night (same day as sign) for $10k above asking price. I told them it was too soon, and they would have to add another $15k for me to take it back off the market that fast, and they said OK! We had a signed contract for $25k above asking within 24 hours of having the sign posted, and that is after having raised our starting price by $50k earlier in the week after our neighbors sold their house for full price in one day. We never had to get the house "staged" for showing, get measurements for a floor plan print, have any pictures taken for the listing, or ever have any public showing at all! The final sales price is almost double what we paid for the house less than 4 years ago, and it was "move in ready" when we bought it!

We are SO blessed and SO fortunate! It's rather humbling!
Congratulations, hope your buying end goes well too.

Quick Reply: *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***