2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

How to run Vehicle Health Report?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 12:27 PM
matrix311
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How to run Vehicle Health Report?

Hello all. I'm trying to figure out how to run a vehicle health report and then have the results sent to me via email. I used to be able to do this with my 2015 F150 no problem. It was easily found within the Sync 2 menu system. Now that the 2017 F250 uses Sync 3 I cannot locate this service. Could someone point me and others who may want to run a vehicle health report in the right direction? I have the 6.7L Powerstroke engine, maybe its not available with the diesel and only the 6.2L??

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Old 08-15-2017, 12:33 PM
1956Fatfenders
Elder User
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Me too...tried with the phone app also.

Old 08-15-2017, 12:39 PM
RugbyRef
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try this:

If your vehicle is equipped with SYNC® Connect, once activated, you’ll be able to see your Vehicle Health Alerts & Vehicle Health Report.

If your vehicle is not equipped with SYNC Connect, connect your phone to SYNC AppLink and let the engine run for at least 60 seconds.

After you have connected your phone to SYNC AppLink and your vehicle has collected the data, please log out of your Owner account, log back in, and return to this page to access your vehicle’s most up-to-date Vehicle Health Alerts & Vehicle Health Report.

Having trouble connecting your phone to SYNC AppLink? Ensure your smartphone is compatible with SYNC.

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account...e-healthy.html

Old 08-15-2017, 06:10 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,723 Likes on 2,755 Posts
I'm baffled. Where do I find "SYNC AppLink"? I've had my phone connected to my truck through both bluetooth and USB, sometimes for hours. But haven't seen anything that leads me to believe it's submitting the vehicle health report.

Old 08-15-2017, 06:26 PM
Seastacker
Senior User
I got the Ford Pass app and went thru the set up. I was then able to log into my Ford owner account to see what I needed. All I needed was oil life percent remaining so I could plan my service before an upcoming road trip. Extremely frustrating that something so simple is not viewable on the dash with everything else.

Old 08-15-2017, 06:57 PM
matrix311
Senior User
Originally Posted by Seastacker
I got the Ford Pass app and went thru the set up. I was then able to log into my Ford owner account to see what I needed. All I needed was oil life percent remaining so I could plan my service before an upcoming road trip. Extremely frustrating that something so simple is not viewable on the dash with everything else.
I still can't get mine to work. I downloaded the Ford Pass app, logged into the app on my Galaxy S7 and then within the app I tried to enable sync applink but I can never get the FordPass icon to show up under the apps icon within the sync3 menu on my truck. My phone is paired via bluetooth and Android Auto is disabled but it will never show up so I can authorize FordPass to enable on my truck. So annoying. I've restarted my phone, turned the truck on and off, and several other things and I cannot get the FordPass icon to show up under the apps area. Any pointers or tips to get that to work?

I also mainly want it for perfect of oil life so i can plan for my oil changes etc.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:47 PM
Cabindweller
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree that it is completely ridiculous that the oil life percentage is not available on the dash somewhere. I'm not sure how a company that "owns work" could think that people that haul and tow heavy loads for long distances wouldn't want to plan oil changes as necessary!

Also, I think that the Ford phone app is completely useless. Absolute worst automotive phone app I've ever used.

To say I'm disappointed in these two things would be an understatement. Sorry, rant over...

Old 08-15-2017, 08:35 PM
Seastacker
Senior User
Originally Posted by matrix311
I still can't get mine to work. I downloaded the Ford Pass app, logged into the app on my Galaxy S7 and then within the app I tried to enable sync applink but I can never get the FordPass icon to show up under the apps icon within the sync3 menu on my truck. My phone is paired via bluetooth and Android Auto is disabled but it will never show up so I can authorize FordPass to enable on my truck. So annoying. I've restarted my phone, turned the truck on and off, and several other things and I cannot get the FordPass icon to show up under the apps area. Any pointers or tips to get that to work?

I also mainly want it for perfect of oil life so i can plan for my oil changes etc.
Im pretty sure you have to be hooked up via cable, not blue tooth. It worked with my iPhone via cable ok. I did have to restart sync once during the set up process to get it to set up properly.

Old 08-15-2017, 08:53 PM
wb6anp
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It has to be Bluetooth for Android, the app wont show up in sync if the phone is plugged in, atleast on my truck.

Old 08-15-2017, 08:53 PM
kho6658
Mountain Pass
I initially had trouble getting mine to work also. What finally work was connecting the truck to my home network and running an update. Once the update was done everything started to work. I will say that android auto is kinda picky. Depending on when I pull my phone in sometimes android auto doesn't launch. The most reliable sequence for me has been to let it connect via Bluetooth. Once that fully loads, I can then plug the phone in. Plugging in the phone too soon, I find that I'm missing apps. I agree that it shouldn't be this hard.

Old 08-15-2017, 09:06 PM
wb6anp
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You can't use android auto and be able to run the vehicle health report. It has to be disabled

Old 08-15-2017, 09:17 PM
kho6658
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by wb6anp
You can't use android auto and be able to run the vehicle health report. It has to be disabled
Then I'm not sure how it works since android auto launches as soon it starts. I run the report from owner.ford.com I have never disabled it since getting it to work. Maybe it needs to be disabled if running from the truck.

Old 08-15-2017, 09:20 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
I got mine to work, sort of.

1. Go to the play.google.com site and install the FordPass app. This is the critical piece that was missing. I turned my phone's WiFi and bluetooth on and left it on for the remainder of this exercise.
2. Open the FordPass app on your phone and complete the login information. This will be the same login you use to get into owner.ford.com.
3. Get in your truck and start the engine
4. On the truck's Sync screen make it connect to your phone if that didn't automagically happen
5. Go to the Apps icon on the Truck's Sync screen. You should get the FordPass icon now. If you didn't then get out of the FordPass app and try restarting it.

I did get two emails from FordPass, so I know it's working. One about a Perk and the other confirming that my profile is complete. I had Android Auto on while all this was happening but I eventually closed it. I didn't get any vehicle health report and it may be because Android Auto was there when I started FordPass. Android Auto is a bit aggressive and it seems like it comes back on its own.

Anyhow, I'm further than I was before. But not quite finished.

It's interesting that there is fuel price info in both Sirius and FordPass. I didn't compare the two to see if they agreed.

Old 08-15-2017, 09:32 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
I was expecting a vehicle health report emailed to me. But it wasn't. I had to go into the owner.ford.com web site and drill down to get it. It took a few minutes to show up. I have the report now and at 3787 odometer miles I have Oil Life Remaining at 44%. So that means I'm on track to change the oil before 7,000 miles. I think it will happen sooner than that as I may simply go to a 5,000 mile oil change interval.

I wonder if the Ford dealer gets any of this info sent to them.

Update: Emails of the vehicle health report will now be sent. I had to enable that at owner.ford.com.

Last edited by HRTKD; 08-15-2017 at 09:33 PM. Reason: added email info.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:27 AM
rwilimo
Fleet Mechanic
I find on my gasser that if I go into the dash menu to the oil life reset area that it shows the percentage left, it would seem that this is much easier

Quick Reply: How to run Vehicle Health Report?