6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Oil Bypass System

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 09:14 PM
orion250
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Overkill2
I'm reviving this thread because I ordered the FS2500 bypass system from Filtration Solutions. It's shipping this Friday. I was going to go with Insane Diesel's Extreme filter, but decided to go with the FS2500 instead because they post actual numbers for efficiency and flow. They have a specific kit for our 6.7s like Extreme does but I believe the lines are woven stainless steel covered and mounts on the frame. I would like to take some pictures to post up during the install. Instead of starting a new thread, I'll just use this one.
Looking forward to your install and pics Overkill!

Old 04-21-2018, 07:57 AM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Received 6,355 Likes on 4,615 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by orion250
Looking forward to your install and pics Overkill!
That's why I post up is for guys like you, brother. The naysayers will jump on here saying stuff like, "the truck works without that," "the factory didn't deem it necessary,"
the regular oil filter works just fine," My truck got ---,--- miles without one," "you're a paid shill," "I saw him on another forum," ETC...

I've had more naysayers than not on the stuff I posted about like FilterMags or K100 Fuel additive. They have no experience with the product but they KNOW. I don't post up here because I'm getting paid or trying to sell a product, I post up to pass the idea on to someone who's open to said idea. I'm done trying to explain an idea to someone not willing to keep an open mind. It is what it is. The internet is full of "experts," and not just this forum. I'm done, rant over.

I PM'd Chuck and asked him if it was okay to post on his thread and he gave me the thumbs up.

Old 04-21-2018, 09:30 AM
hoseclamp
Elder User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Good info, even though pointless and a waste of money. LMAO. Starting on my truck next week, weather good enough to insure my s class, will get tuning, methanol, intercooler, few other goodies in place by the weekend.

Old 04-21-2018, 09:44 AM
Martin6
Tuned
I'm reviving this thread because I ordered the FS2500 bypass system from Filtration Solutions. It's shipping this Friday. I was going to go with Insane Diesel's Extreme filter, but decided to go with the FS2500 instead because they post actual numbers for efficiency and flow. They have a specific kit for our 6.7s like Extreme does but I believe the lines are woven stainless steel covered and mounts on the frame. I would like to take some pictures to post up during the install. Instead of starting a new thread, I'll just use this one.
Please post up some pictures of the install when completed. I wonder if I can re-use the FS2500 system that I removed from my 2008 F-250 on my 2017 now. Hopefully all I'll need is a new hose kit.

Old 04-21-2018, 11:25 AM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Originally Posted by hoseclamp
Good info, even though pointless and a waste of money. LMAO. Starting on my truck next week, weather good enough to insure my s class, will get tuning, methanol, intercooler, few other goodies in place by the weekend.
Thanks, Hoseclamp, you've proved my point. I'm interested in methanol also and have seen a few aftermarket intercoolers that I like. I have a pressure box now that I like. I like DP Tuning and Edge also. I'm not deleting and a methanol system will definitely help clean out the engine to make deletes shorter. I messaged a user on here with a 6.4, even though a different beast, that shortened his Regens and upped his mileage.

As for the bypass, opinions are like colons. Because I'm still under warranty, I will change the oil at the truck stated interval. A lot of guys on here change at 5k miles which I did for my first 2 oil changes. The 3rd I went out to 7200 or so when the truck said change it. I'm at 6k or so now. With the bypass installed, it will make me warm and fuzzy inside that the soot is being filtered out preventing wear and allowing the oil to retain more of the additive package. I plan on taking my truck out past the 125k mile warranty and keep driving. I'm not one who needs the latest and greatest. I don't like truck payments either. Once I'm off warranty, I'll probably do extended intervals. The owner of the company said a lot of pickup guys run out to 30k then change.

Thanks for the input.

Old 04-21-2018, 11:30 AM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Originally Posted by Martin6
Please post up some pictures of the install when completed. I wonder if I can re-use the FS2500 system that I removed from my 2008 F-250 on my 2017 now. Hopefully all I'll need is a new hose kit.
I will do. I have a road trip coming up soon and would like to have this mounted before hand. How did you like your system on the 6.4? You run extended intervals at all?

I don't see why not? The most you would need are different length hoses. And maybe message the company about the oil fill cap. Might be different from the 6.4 to the 6.7. I have no idea.

Old 04-21-2018, 11:36 AM
hoseclamp
Elder User
6k is a good number, my UOA’s always came back with good results 4-5k, lots of additives left, but incredibly dirty, very dusty up here. A bypass and methanol will keep the warm fuzzies plentiful. LOL’d right there. Side note my 10gal methanol tank will fit front left box corner, doesn’t interfere with clearance for camper, I will modify filler cap so I can add while camper in place. Turbo Power -40c/40f washer fluid is 49% methanol, I buy by the pallet, $1.40USD a gallon, only way to get cheaper is water from a stream��

i like to have new things, but my truck doesn’t need to be one of them. Clean up regens, a bit more power, no need to trade. I see Ford is still struggling with producing power and keeping things cool in 2018 so I’m not interested in a new truck anyway. Couple grand and defueling will be yesterday’s news.

Old 04-21-2018, 12:55 PM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

6k is a good number, my UOA’s always came back with good results 4-5k, lots of additives left, but incredibly dirty, very dusty up here. A bypass and methanol will keep the warm fuzzies plentiful. LOL’d right there. Side note my 10gal methanol tank will fit front left box corner, doesn’t interfere with clearance for camper, I will modify filler cap so I can add while camper in place. Turbo Power -40c/40f washer fluid is 49% methanol, I buy by the pallet, $1.40USD a gallon, only way to get cheaper is water from a stream��

i like to have new things, but my truck doesn’t need to be one of them. Clean up regens, a bit more power, no need to trade. I see Ford is still struggling with producing power and keeping things cool in 2018 so I’m not interested in a new truck anyway. Couple grand and defueling will be yesterday’s news.
That bold statement made me LOL

Appreciate the info on the washer fluid and the UOAs. Methanol is probably down the line. How do like the S&B intake? You running the oiled filter or the dry? I want one.

Would you expand on the 2018s problems if you don't mind? Just curious. I agree about the new truck thing 100%. Just maintain it and keep driving it. Are you deleting?

Old 04-21-2018, 02:38 PM
hoseclamp
Elder User
S&B stg 2 kit, dry disposable filter with pre wrap. So dusty up here the intake gauge is jammed in a month, the s&b I can go 6-12 months without a change depending where I’m driving. Not running a lid and butchered the lower half with a dremel, stays much cleaner when opened up. It’s supposed to add power, no idea, but I can run a great distance and not think about the intake or a change, which btw has been spotless the 40,000 miles it’s been in place.

Ford’s cooling, just watched another super ike video this morning, surely ford’s dismal performance last year was rectified for ‘18 along with more hp and torque, nope. F350 dually with 65 more hp was outshined by dodge. Targeting such a high temp while being slow to react accordingly. Damned irritating IMO. What’s the point of all that extra power if you don’t utilize it under a load.

tried deleting twice, different tuners, custom tunes, nothing retained exhaust braking. I have no interest to try deleting again, just clean up what’s in place now.

Old 04-21-2018, 08:07 PM
cappa
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gotta do the research before deleting for sure. Lots of tunes that have better than stock exhaust brakes thou. Patriots is powerful, and have heard nothing but good things about tyrant. I run patriot and love the exhaust brake, more powerful than stock and sounds amazing engaged with 5" exhaust. I would rather keep the egr soot out of the system then introduce it then clean it up a second time, counter productive in my mind.

Old 04-21-2018, 08:15 PM
cappa
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is crazy how much cleaner the oil looks after deleting thou. Used to be jet black after the first or second fire up after an oil change. After a couple oil changes deleted it now takes 3 or 4 thousand k before the oil turns completely black.

Old 04-21-2018, 09:24 PM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

S&B stg 2 kit, dry disposable filter with pre wrap. So dusty up here the intake gauge is jammed in a month, the s&b I can go 6-12 months without a change depending where I’m driving. Not running a lid and butchered the lower half with a dremel, stays much cleaner when opened up. It’s supposed to add power, no idea, but I can run a great distance and not think about the intake or a change, which btw has been spotless the 40,000 miles it’s been in place.

Ford’s cooling, just watched another super ike video this morning, surely ford’s dismal performance last year was rectified for ‘18 along with more hp and torque, nope. F350 dually with 65 more hp was outshined by dodge. Targeting such a high temp while being slow to react accordingly. Damned irritating IMO. What’s the point of all that extra power if you don’t utilize it under a load.

tried deleting twice, different tuners, custom tunes, nothing retained exhaust braking. I have no interest to try deleting again, just clean up what’s in place now.
You don't need to delete to add power. I just found these guys tonight. Check these links out:

Powerstroke

Insight Pro Custom Ford 6.7L Tuning

Edge and DP-Tuner do DPF ON ONLY tuning and retain the engine brake.

Let me know if you have any questions, PM me. They went up against a deleted truck and about matched the power. It's all there on the links. I don't think the DPF system is the power robber everyone thinks it is. Let me know what you think.

Old 04-21-2018, 10:58 PM
hoseclamp
Elder User
Awesome. Calibrated Power with the CTS2 is what I have on the shelf) with the SOTF of course.

Old 04-22-2018, 10:44 AM
Martin6
Tuned
I will do. I have a road trip coming up soon and would like to have this mounted before hand. How did you like your system on the 6.4? You run extended intervals at all?

I don't see why not? The most you would need are different length hoses. And maybe message the company about the oil fill cap. Might be different from the 6.4 to the 6.7. I have no idea.

I would go 15k between oil changes with the FS2500. Oil analysis indicated I could go longer, but at 15k that was two years on the oil. I didn't drive the truck very much.

The 2008 truck had a channel frame, so I wonder how the mounting is going to be on the new boxed frames.

Old 04-24-2018, 09:31 PM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Awesome. Calibrated Power with the CTS2 is what I have on the shelf) with the SOTF of course.
I just found them online when I posted up those links. They tune with emissions on. You use them with or without the DPF? What happened?

Quick Reply: Oil Bypass System