2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2017 F350 ordered!!! -- Updated

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 08:31 PM
Pwrgeek
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cficare
Joe - I may be wrong, but I tend to think those incentives are offered in an attempt to move existing cars/trucks from dealer lots, and they don't apply to "special orders." I negotiated the sale price at the tiime I ordered my F250, and the total (and unspecified) discounts gained me 11% off the as-ordered MSRP. I've heard 12% off has been negotiated and obtained by others, so "your mileage may vary."
My dealer told me that I get the incentives that are I n place when I order or when I take delivery whichever is better for me. The only thing we negotiated at the time of the order was the base price which we agreed to invoice. I know I could've done a little better but the service dept at this dealer gives free loners if you bought there, and they guarantee it to be a comparable vehicle. Given the history I've experienced that the truck is going to be in once or twice a year for a week or two it doesn't take long for that to make up any difference I could get on the sales price.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:45 PM
tibadoe
Elder User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Joe - I may be wrong, but I tend to think those incentives are offered in an attempt to move existing cars/trucks from dealer lots, and they don't apply to "special orders."...............
That was one of my questions for the sales guy. Dealer said I would get any incentives offered at the time of delivery. I had him put it in writing just to make sure. Of course I do understand that if the incentives go down that will be a bummer - but if they are increased that is a plus for me. As of now (August) they are $3k.

Originally Posted by Pwrgeek
My dealer told me that I get the incentives that are I n place when I order or when I take delivery whichever is better for me. The only thing we negotiated at the time of the order was the base price which we agreed to invoice. I know I could've done a little better but the service dept at this dealer gives free loners if you bought there, and they guarantee it to be a comparable vehicle. Given the history I've experienced that the truck is going to be in once or twice a year for a week or two it doesn't take long for that to make up any difference I could get on the sales price.
Sounds like you found a decent dealer. Same experience here. For me, the dealer I went with has a good reputation and only about 34 miles away - big plus in my book.

Old 08-21-2017, 07:36 PM
tibadoe
Elder User
Dealer provided me with the VIN# today. Glad to see another step closer! I don't understand what all the other info is telling me, so maybe someone can decipher it for me.

This is what I received today:

Primary = in Order Processing
Secondary = Scheduled to Day (2017-09-08)

Vehicle Location:
Ford Kentucky Truck Plant 2, KY

Status Date/Time:
Aug-17-2017

ETA:
Start Date = Sep-24-2017
End Date = Sept-30-2017
ETA Disposition = Left Blank

Old 08-21-2017, 07:55 PM
cficare
Cargo Master
Received 330 Likes on 195 Posts
Another step closer. Yay! You probably already know this, but you can enter your VIN at the following webpage for (yawn) slow updates ... Ford Custom Order Tracking | ordertracking.ford.com

Old 08-22-2017, 09:54 PM
HangtownMatt
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pwrgeek
Given the history I've experienced that the truck is going to be in once or twice a year for a week or two it doesn't take long for that to make up any difference I could get on the sales price.
WTF! Are you serious? I've always owned Honda's and Toyota's. Never in the shop. Other than normal maintenance done at home maybe a starter at 250,000 miles.

I bought this truck to carry a camper I plan to live/travel during retirement. A week or two once or twice a year in the shop is not acceptable.

Please explain,

Matt

Old 08-22-2017, 10:07 PM
rmcclean12
Freshman User
Ordered my f350 on 8/4, not getting the updates I would like from Dealer. Have not confirmed a DORA or VIN as of yet. Last update I received was on 8/14 and it read "Order is in, nothing scheduled yet"

Not to pleased with the communication thus far. Hoping to at least get a VIN soon so I can gather some more vague details on ETIS.

Old 08-23-2017, 05:25 AM
tibadoe
Elder User
Originally Posted by rmcclean12
Ordered my f350 on 8/4, not getting the updates I would like from Dealer. Have not confirmed a DORA or VIN as of yet. Last update I received was on 8/14 and it read "Order is in, nothing scheduled yet"

Not to pleased with the communication thus far. Hoping to at least get a VIN soon so I can gather some more vague details on ETIS.
You ordered a day before me. Dealer should be keeping you in the loop each step of the way. I get a text, email, or call each time something changes. Call or better yet go to you dealer and get some answers. I would not be a happy camper not knowing what is going on. Keep us updated if you find out anything.

Old 08-23-2017, 11:30 PM
bamawood
Freshman User
Originally Posted by tibadoe
After weeks of using the site builder I finally sealed the deal and ordered my truck. Will be the first Ford I ever owned. Went to the dealer this morning to finish getting my questions answered and get the numbers where I wanted them. Going for the F350 XL Super Cab in Silver 8' bed 4x4 6.2L. Couldn't pass up the SD - looked really tough online and even better in person.

I'd list all the packages and options but you have probably seen it a million times before. I will be busy at work so that will help the time go buy until it arrives.

08/05/17 -- Ordered
08/15/17 -- Build Week Assigned 09/04/17
08/21/17 -- VIN# Received

I'm getting there little by little.........
I also ordered an F350 SRW on 7-20, black FX4 CCSB XLT 6.7. Been in a Ram with cummins for several years waiting for Ford to get the kinks worked out of the 6.7. Saw the 2017 and couldn't resist, had to have one. Best looking truck on the road without a doubt!

Old 08-24-2017, 04:26 AM
tibadoe
Elder User
Originally Posted by bamawood
I also ordered an F350 SRW on 7-20, black FX4 CCSB XLT 6.7. Been in a Ram with cummins for several years waiting for Ford to get the kinks worked out of the 6.7. Saw the 2017 and couldn't resist, had to have one. Best looking truck on the road without a doubt!
I was leaning towards the RAM but after checking out the SD that was it. They are tough looking to say the least!

Old 08-24-2017, 10:10 AM
Brian Singstock
Freshman User
Ugh. Feel for you guys. Once ordered a new 2008 Chevy Corvette. Waited over 2 months. Too painful. Not again. Instead, I "looked" for 2 months to find the one I wanted. Had a 6/17 build date and took delivery 2 weeks ago. "Guess I got the best of that one". Ha. Either way, it's a waiting game. Will probably order in the future if the numbers look good.

Loving my truck right now though. Brian

Old 08-25-2017, 11:04 PM
rmcclean12
Freshman User
Originally Posted by tibadoe
You ordered a day before me. Dealer should be keeping you in the loop each step of the way. I get a text, email, or call each time something changes. Call or better yet go to you dealer and get some answers. I would not be a happy camper not knowing what is going on. Keep us updated if you find out anything.
Yes. It's been frustrating to say the least.

Oddly enough browsing the dealers website tonight I see a 350 that says "dealer ordered" and "in transit" Reading through the page it is optioned identical to mine and includes a VIN on the page. The MSRP matches what my original order confirmation says. I have a feeling that might be mine mostly because I ordered the bench in front, and this one says it has a 40/20/40 split front bench, which are near impossible to find in the Lariat trim and was the only reason I placed an order. ETIS has a placeholder for build date. Going to try and chat with ford tomorrow and get some more details.

Ill take any glimmer of hope I can get at this point :-)

Old 08-26-2017, 07:26 AM
tibadoe
Elder User
Originally Posted by rmcclean12
Yes. It's been frustrating to say the least.............Ill take any glimmer of hope I can get at this point :-)
Hang in there. Let us know if you get any more info.

Old 08-26-2017, 07:37 AM
cficare
Cargo Master
Received 330 Likes on 195 Posts
How long does "In Production" typically last? Mine went in production on 8/18/17 and still shows that status today, 8/26/17. Of course, the post assembly line work to apply the spray-in bed liner may or may not be included.

Old 08-26-2017, 08:57 AM
pesty3782
Freshman User
Mine showed in production on 08-08 and still does but my dealer called me yesterday and said the truck should be here by Wednesday. I ordered back in July.

Tony P.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:30 AM
tibadoe
Elder User
How long does "In Production" typically last? Mine went in production on 8/18/17 and still shows that status today, 8/26/17. Of course, the post assembly line work to apply the spray-in bed liner may or may not be included.
Originally Posted by pesty3782
Mine showed in production on 08-08 and still does but my dealer called me yesterday and said the truck should be here by Wednesday. I ordered back in July.

Tony P.
Seems that COTUS & ETIS don't get updated as often as they could/should. For now mine shows a build week of 09/04 and a scheduled date of 09/08. I will see if these dates change or stay the same. The ETA start 09/24 & end date 09/24, is this the estimated delivery date?

Quick Reply: 2017 F350 ordered!!! -- Updated