2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2017 F350 ordered!!! -- Updated

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 04:44 PM
cficare
Cargo Master
Received 330 Likes on 195 Posts
Bummer! For the benefit of non-Virginia residents, I should also add that our yearly personal property taxes are based on annual value assessments and they do decrease over time ... it just feels like forever ... kinda' like WAITING FOR A NEW TRUCK TO ARRIVE!

Old 08-14-2017, 11:50 PM
Pwrgeek
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cficare
Bummer! For the benefit of non-Virginia residents, I should also add that our yearly personal property taxes are based on annual value assessments and they do decrease over time ... it just feels like forever ... kinda' like WAITING FOR A NEW TRUCK TO ARRIVE!
Sounds like a good reason to buy all your expensive stuff in another state. There's a reason my vehicles stay registered in the state I lived in two states ago (NM). No annual inspections outside the major metro counties do all the renewals online and no annual tax. Think all three cars cost me $150 last year.

Old 08-15-2017, 05:23 AM
glrret
More Turbo
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Pwrgeek
Sounds like a good reason to buy all your expensive stuff in another state. There's a reason my vehicles stay registered in the state I lived in two states ago (NM). No annual inspections outside the major metro counties do all the renewals online and no annual tax. Think all three cars cost me $150 last year.
But how does that work for your insurance company? Don't they require you to have the vehicle registered and parked in the State where you reside? The only way you can do that here in my state is to actually live on both Stats for so many months out of each year. We call those folks Snow Birds.

I have to go to the town office today and get my new truck registered and it is going to cost me someplace around $1900.00 once I pay the excise tax and registration fee. And I have to pay that every year, the tax will go down for 7 years by a few percent but it will bottom out to about $400 per year plus the registration of about $200 for the weight class.

Old 08-15-2017, 05:28 AM
tibadoe
Elder User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Pwrgeek
Sounds like a good reason to buy all your expensive stuff in another state.........
I did purchase my last truck out of state. But since my residence is in VA I still register & pay taxes in VA. As far as state inspections they are just a safety inspection - no emissions.

Old 08-15-2017, 10:10 AM
stewy604
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats on your truck order bud.

Old 08-15-2017, 03:51 PM
cficare
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by glrret
But how does that work for your insurance company? Don't they require you to have the vehicle registered and parked in the State where you reside?
There are businesses in various low-tax areas that will allow one to use them as a mailing address for vehicle tax and insurance purposes ... for a fee, of course. This is great for those who RV full time.
Originally Posted by tibadoe
I did purchase my last truck out of state. But since my residence is in VA I still register & pay taxes in VA. As far as state inspections they are just a safety inspection - no emissions.
No emissions testing in my part of VA, too ... YET. I believe there is state-mandated emissions testing in NOVA (around the Beltway). It will probably be coming here to the 7-Cities area before too many more years pass.

Old 08-15-2017, 06:42 PM
tibadoe
Elder User
Originally Posted by stewy604
Congrats on your truck order bud.
Thanks. Can't wait to see it when it finally arrives on the lot.

Old 08-16-2017, 07:23 PM
tibadoe
Elder User
Today I got an email from my salesman saying he got an update for me. Attached was a PDF file of the "AM Preview Scheduling Results Report".

States a Build Week of 09/04/17 Said my VIN# should following soon!!! Things are finally starting to move.

Old 08-19-2017, 06:52 AM
cficare
Cargo Master
Ordered mine on 7/24/17, and a week later the salesman sent me the VIN along with other order data. That data said the scheduled build date was week of 8/21/17. I checked COTUS last night and mine went "In Production" 8/18/17. Woo-Hoo! One step closer. The anticipation is agonizing, but our day(s) will come.

Have you ever viewed the Louisville plant using satellite view in Google Maps? That place is huge, along with the massive lots and railway yard where they place finished product. OTOH, it's small compared to where I work. Our shipyard takes up 2 miles of waterfront along the James River, but our products are a bit larger and more complex (aircraft carriers and submarines).

Old 08-19-2017, 07:09 AM
tibadoe
Elder User
Originally Posted by cficare
Ordered mine on 7/24/17, and a week later the salesman sent me the VIN along with other order data. That data said the scheduled build date was week of 8/21/17. I checked COTUS last night and mine went "In Production" 8/18/17. Woo-Hoo! One step closer. The anticipation is agonizing, but our day(s) will come..........
Congrats on your truck status. Hoping for my VIN# this week - keeping fingers crossed. Keep us posted

Old 08-19-2017, 07:15 AM
jaxf250
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes, I fee ya... The anticipation is agonizing LOL... I must check the forum here 5-6 times a day just to get my truck fix! Got Forscan all set up on my pc. Looking at getting some accessories soon to bide the time while waiting for delivery. I'm still 4-6 weeks away at minimum, I think.

Old 08-19-2017, 02:52 PM
tibadoe
Elder User
Originally Posted by jaxf250
Yes, I fee ya... The anticipation is agonizing LOL... I must check the forum here 5-6 times a day just to get my truck fix! Got Forscan all set up on my pc. Looking at getting some accessories soon to bide the time while waiting for delivery. I'm still 4-6 weeks away at minimum, I think.
When did you order? I ordered on 08/05 and just got a build week of 09/04.

Old 08-19-2017, 03:11 PM
jaxf250
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tibadoe
When did you order? I ordered on 08/05 and just got a build week of 09/04.
Ordered 8/2 (well, ordered 8/1 but had to call next day and make a correction, so I think he entered it on 8/2)

Got VIN on 8/15 from my dealer

Ford Status report he printed for me on 8/15 had these details:
Status primary: in order processing
Status secondary: scheduled to week of 8/28/2017
ETA start date: 9/11/2017
ETA end date: 9/17/2017

I'm really not sure what the est. date of MFG will be based on the above - guessing they think it will be the week of 9/11 ??, but, could slide around.

No idea when the window sticker will show. I'll post it when I get it.

Old 08-19-2017, 05:32 PM
tibadoe
Elder User
Have a question on incentives and offers from Ford. I'm hoping that since the '17 year models are winding down, dealers will be wanting to move them off the lot. Who knows, maybe Ford will keep increasing the incentives/cash back deals to stimulate buyers to purchase.

Anyway, looking on their website they are currently offering:
1) $2,250 cash back & $750 Ford credit bonus cash = $3,000 total incentives good thru August 2017.

In the mail today I received:
2) $1,500 cash back coupon good until 10/02.

In this scenario, pretending my truck was delivered by Aug 31, would I be able to use both cash backs for a total of $4,500? Or do you only get to pick one cash back deal to use at a time?

In my case I hope next month Ford will offer a bigger cash back offer. And of course, if it takes until October for my truck to arrive: even a bigger and better cash back offer.

Old 08-19-2017, 05:55 PM
cficare
Cargo Master
Joe - I may be wrong, but I tend to think those incentives are offered in an attempt to move existing cars/trucks from dealer lots, and they don't apply to "special orders." I negotiated the sale price at the tiime I ordered my F250, and the total (and unspecified) discounts gained me 11% off the as-ordered MSRP. I've heard 12% off has been negotiated and obtained by others, so "your mileage may vary."

Quick Reply: 2017 F350 ordered!!! -- Updated