Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Interior Firewall Cover

Old 07-28-2017, 09:57 AM
ZSK
Senior User
ZSK has a very good reputation on FTE.ZSK has a very good reputation on FTE.ZSK has a very good reputation on FTE.
Interior Firewall Cover

I purchased a fiberglass firewall cover from Dennis Carpenter (the same cover was available from Mid Fifty) before they were completely out of stock. I originally wanted the plain model but purchased the scripted model after finding out that they were being discontinued and out of stock. I'm getting ready to install it soon and was wondering if anyone has done one recently. I know I'll need to do some trimming and test fitting but just looking for an over view before I get started.

I'm anticipating to drop the steering column to make a little room. I don't currently have a heater installed but will be trying to incorporate it during install. For other items mounted to the firewall, are these spaced out the thickness of the cover or just trimmed around for install? I'll be removing my kick panels as I'd like to remake those for a better fit. Once the fire wall cover is in place I'll fit the kick panels to the cover.

Firewall Cover | Dennis Carpenter Ford Restoration Parts

1953-56 Ford F-100 Underdash Firewall Cover, Fiberglass With Script - B6C 8101670-FS

Old 07-28-2017, 10:10 AM
ZSK
Senior User
ZSK has a very good reputation on FTE.ZSK has a very good reputation on FTE.ZSK has a very good reputation on FTE.
Here's a few more pictures for reference and because everyone loves pictures.

I've removed the transmission mounted parking brake that's shown in the first picture and repaired the stock style handle.

Old 07-28-2017, 11:47 AM
CharlieLed
Post Fiend
CharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant future
It has been my experience that these covers require a lot of perseverance to install correctly and when it's all said and done they are almost completely hidden from view. When I see one on a truck I recognize the effort that was expended to do the install and am grateful that it wasn't me who had to do the work. Good luck and try not to feel bad when you have to cut that shiny cover up to get it installed. Let us know when it's complete and keep track of the 6-pack count!