6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Trans issue - Peeved at Ford

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 02:12 PM
W7PSK
Tuned
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Trans issue - Peeved at Ford

Trans when cold slams into
reverse
3rd from 2nd
5th from 4th

as it warms up it goes away. Not sure the cause.
2011 350 Crew 4x4

why I'm irate at Ford.
I've had this issue from the start. Have taken it in and it goes away after the tinker. Well I go to my dealer and they tell me since it's a new owner all records were destroyed. So I thought I would just reprint them of my Ford owners account.

FORD allowed the dealer to erase all the accounts, it's gone.
those were my records.

now I'm SOL.

Old 07-27-2017, 02:17 PM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts
Did not think OASIS could be erased.

Have you tried using the Ford app Ford Pass? It gives a mini report from OASIS.

Do you not have copies of the tickets/work orders after they completed any work on your truck?

Old 07-27-2017, 02:19 PM
W7PSK
Tuned
Originally Posted by Just Strokin
Do you not have copies of the tickets/work orders after they completed any work on your truck?
Sadly no, I thought it would be safe online. Live and learn.

Old 07-27-2017, 05:11 PM
Chad149
Lead Driver
Received 500 Likes on 168 Posts
That seems ood. Not familiar with Washington laws at all, but most states repair shops must retain records for 7 years, some more, some less. Now, if your a new owner, and even if you know those records exist, they probably can't show you said records. But the former owner could come in and request them. It sounds like you've been involved with the truck since it was new, so whoever owned the truck on paper first should be able to come in and see them. If they're still "missing", a call to a local "expert" on the local rules might not be a bad idea.

Old 07-28-2017, 12:39 AM
W7PSK
Tuned
Originally Posted by Chad149
That seems ood. Not familiar with Washington laws at all, but most states repair shops must retain records for 7 years, some more, some less. Now, if your a new owner, and even if you know those records exist, they probably can't show you said records. But the former owner could come in and request them. It sounds like you've been involved with the truck since it was new, so whoever owned the truck on paper first should be able to come in and see them. If they're still "missing", a call to a local "expert" on the local rules might not be a bad idea.
Im the original owner. I bought it from the then Brian Ford here in Everett. Its not called EPIC Ford and the staff is all the same. But the service guy when I asked for my records said when they changed they were deleted. My Extended ended last December. So thats why I went on the Ford Owners page at ford.com and tried to log in. My account is gone. I put in the VIN and said no records found.

Old 07-28-2017, 03:59 AM
capt caper
Fleet Mechanic
Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts
My 2011 did the same... traded it in ...didn't want to spend $4k or so...had 100000 miles on it...

Old 07-28-2017, 07:09 AM
glsurratt
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine started shifting rough after they did the recall for the emissions controls where they extended the warranty to 80K on certain exhaust components.

I had it in two different dealers, the first "couldn't duplicate the problem", the second gave me a TSB 15-0021 - Various Driveability issues built on or before 11/6/2013.
Some vehicles may also exhibit one or more of the following concerns:
- Intermittent harsh upshifts or downshifts and engine shudder/surge/hesitation between 900-1400 rpm.
- Harsh/inconsistent transmission shifting during transmission fluid warmup. Delayed manual upshifts from 1st to 2nd gear when in Selectshift mode and /or erratic tranmission operation in 1st gear while going down a grade.
- harsh/delayed 1-2 upshift and downshift.
ADVISE THE CUSTOMER THAT THIS VEHICLE IS EQUIPPED WITH AN ADAPTIVE TRANSMISSION SHIFT STRATEGY WHICH ALLOWS THE VEHICLE'S COMPUTER TO LEARN THE TRANMISSIONS UNIQUE PARAMETERS AND IMPROVE SHIFT QUALITY. WHEN THE ADAPTIVE STRATEGY IS RESET, THE COMPUTER WILL BEIGN A LEARNING PROCESS. THIS RE-LEARNING PROCESS MAY RESULT IN FIRMER THAT NORMAL UPSHIFTS AND DOWNSHIFTS FOR SEVERAL DAYS.

In other words, we don't know what the heck is going on with your transmission, and the re-learning process takes not days, but MONTHS and tens of thousands of miles.

Old 07-29-2017, 06:10 PM
W7PSK
Tuned
Originally Posted by glsurratt
Mine started shifting rough after they did the recall for the emissions controls where they extended the warranty to 80K on certain exhaust components.

I had it in two different dealers, the first "couldn't duplicate the problem", the second gave me a TSB 15-0021 - Various Driveability issues built on or before 11/6/2013.
Some vehicles may also exhibit one or more of the following concerns:
- Intermittent harsh upshifts or downshifts and engine shudder/surge/hesitation between 900-1400 rpm.
- Harsh/inconsistent transmission shifting during transmission fluid warmup. Delayed manual upshifts from 1st to 2nd gear when in Selectshift mode and /or erratic tranmission operation in 1st gear while going down a grade.
- harsh/delayed 1-2 upshift and downshift.
ADVISE THE CUSTOMER THAT THIS VEHICLE IS EQUIPPED WITH AN ADAPTIVE TRANSMISSION SHIFT STRATEGY WHICH ALLOWS THE VEHICLE'S COMPUTER TO LEARN THE TRANMISSIONS UNIQUE PARAMETERS AND IMPROVE SHIFT QUALITY. WHEN THE ADAPTIVE STRATEGY IS RESET, THE COMPUTER WILL BEIGN A LEARNING PROCESS. THIS RE-LEARNING PROCESS MAY RESULT IN FIRMER THAT NORMAL UPSHIFTS AND DOWNSHIFTS FOR SEVERAL DAYS.
I wonder if they will do the TSB or do I have to pay for it. I talked with Marysville Ford and they want 138 bucks for reflash.

And while had Oil change there I talked to the service manager who said a service "May" fix it. So I had them flush and fill and replace the filter on the tranny. So when it was cold this am I took it out. It kinda hesitated from 2nd to 3rd and a very slight from 4th to 5th, there wasnt any other issue. No slam in reverse and no slam from 2-3 and 4-5. After temp got past 95 it quit totally.

SO, looks like service helped but not fixed the issue.

So I wonder if I can get Ford to authorize a reflash even though Im at 74K and its a 2011.

Old 08-05-2017, 02:41 PM
W7PSK
Tuned
Originally Posted by capt caper
My 2011 did the same... traded it in ...didn't want to spend $4k or so...had 100000 miles on it...
No chance on that, I have retired and a payment just aint gonna hack it.

have to cross my fingers.

Old 08-05-2017, 02:41 PM
W7PSK
Tuned
Well it smooth on the shift now, Im hoping it will hold. Did not have any work done other than the Flush and fill.
I dont know if they will do the TSB I might call Monday and ask.

Old 08-05-2017, 08:05 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,415 Likes on 1,010 Posts
this to me sounds like some of solenoids need attention or the TCM.

My 08 when new would do some of this. It was the TCM.

Old 08-07-2017, 04:12 PM
Kep4
Jäger
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by senix
this to me sounds like some of solenoids need attention or the TCM.

My 08 when new would do some of this. It was the TCM.
Agree on the solenoids. My trans failed in June a few miles short of 60K, had to flatbed my truck to the dealer. I had a CEL during our trip hauling our 5th wheel to/from the Grand Canyon, but the CEL cleared. Then June 16th I heard a whining noise from the trans and my truck shuddered backing into my driveway, a slight uphill. Driving it to the dealer on June 17th the trans was slipping badly and after 5 miles I got the big wrench signal and it was done. Tech diagnosis was multiple solenoid failures.

I'd been experiencing some slam-shifting on up and down shifts for the past 5,000 miles and thought some of the issues were the Detroit Locker in the rear axle. Also had trouble disengaging 4W low, the transfer case would grind prior to engaging 4W High.

They installed a re-manufactured trans and all is well after 500 miles. Shifting is very smooth both up and down shifts, no hesitation shifting into reverse, transfer case operates properly and smoothly, etc.