Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Peragon Cover

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 08:40 AM
triniexr
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peragon Cover

Anyone want to share a review or their experience with the Peragon cover? I'm not hearing good things about the Bak covers and Retrax is out of my budget. The Peragon looks good and its a great price.

Also, since they are a sponsor, is there a members discount on it?

I'm getting a 2017 F250 soon and I want to protect/secure the bed. I live in Canada so I need a cover that can withstand snow. Because this vehicle is so large, it will be parked outside and snow will accumulate on the cover.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:10 AM
daveengelson
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Not sure if same/similar cover; if so, may find reviews and question section helpful? Looking forward to other member's comments.

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.peragon.com

Old 07-28-2017, 07:30 PM
Sportscape
Mountain Pass
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
1st, good call avoiding Bak. Next this should answer all your questions.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...r-bakflip.html

Old 07-30-2017, 12:14 AM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by triniexr
Anyone want to share a review or their experience with the Peragon cover? I'm not hearing good things about the Bak covers and Retrax is out of my budget. The Peragon looks good and its a great price.

Also, since they are a sponsor, is there a members discount on it?

I'm getting a 2017 F250 soon and I want to protect/secure the bed. I live in Canada so I need a cover that can withstand snow. Because this vehicle is so large, it will be parked outside and snow will accumulate on the cover.
Thank you for considering a Peragon truck bed cover! We do have a bonus offer for forum members, a PM is on the way with details.

We're located in northern Wisconsin, so ice and snow is in our engineering DNA.

Old 07-31-2017, 08:36 AM
triniexr
Senior User
Originally Posted by Peragon
Thank you for considering a Peragon truck bed cover! We do have a bonus offer for forum members, a PM is on the way with details.

Thanks for the info!

Old 07-31-2017, 08:38 AM
triniexr
Senior User
Originally Posted by Sportscape
1st, good call avoiding Bak. Next this should answer all your questions.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...r-bakflip.html
That sums it up perfectly! I think I will be going with a Peragon.

Old 07-31-2017, 03:51 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,098 Likes on 998 Posts
Guess you didn't do a "search" here on the Peragon Bed Cover.... check this out!

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ll-review.html and here: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...bed-cover.html

I could go back and search for more, but me thinks you will get the idea !

Old 07-31-2017, 05:56 PM
triniexr
Senior User
Originally Posted by BPofMD
Guess you didn't do a "search" here on the Peragon Bed Cover.... check this out!

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ll-review.html and here: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...bed-cover.html

I could go back and search for more, but me thinks you will get the idea !
I did ​​​​​but was looking for more of a long term review.

I now ​​​​​​am getting a really good deal on a cap. Is a cap better than a tonneau cover?

Old 08-01-2017, 05:06 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

If you don't ever need the bed for a large item, I guess. WOW! What do you consider "LONG" term? Did you look at the actual post date of that old post? My truck is a 2005....had a Peragon most all it's life.

Old 08-02-2017, 09:42 AM
triniexr
Senior User
If you don't ever need the bed for a large item, I guess. WOW! What do you consider "LONG" term? Did you look at the actual post date of that old post? My truck is a 2005....had a Peragon most all it's life.
I looked at the dates... One was in 2015 and was updated within a month. Next one was from 2012 and the post also lasted 1 month.

I want to know in around 3 - 5 years has anyone had issues with warping and seals going, water getting into the bed. If the unit has issues sliding open or closed, gunk building up in the rails, does the unit scratch and dent easily etc.

I have a 5 ton dump trailer so big items will most likely go in that.

Old 08-02-2017, 08:44 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,198 Likes on 573 Posts
Originally Posted by Peragon

Hi Heath,

Not sure if you have been checking PM's but I sent you one yesterday... I see you've been online a bunch since then. Drop me a line when you can...

Old 08-30-2017, 02:07 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Originally Posted by triniexr
I looked at the dates... One was in 2015 and was updated within a month in that 2012 post. Next one was from 2012 and the post also lasted 1 month.

I want to know in around 3 - 5 years has anyone had issues with warping and seals going, water getting into the bed. If the unit has issues sliding open or closed, gunk building up in the rails, does the unit scratch and dent easily etc.

I have a 5 ton dump trailer so big items will most likely go in that.
I was one of the guys that posted we had installed Peragon covers within a few days of each other..... it's still on and still looking good. No problem with anything messing up the opening and closing of the cover. It is not leak-PROOF, but I don't think and cover says it is....certainly isn't warrantied to be. There have been times that water has leaking into the bed but only in spots, surely not to where the whole bed was wet. Even then I can't be sure I didn't leave stuff like wood chips on the top and closed then into the seals. It takes a BUNCH of abuse and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I also pull a 5th wheel RV and the cover closes after I am done towing nicely with the hitch still in the bed!

Old 08-31-2017, 08:09 AM
triniexr
Senior User
I was one of the guys that posted we had installed Peragon covers within a few days of each other..... it's still on and still looking good. No problem with anything messing up the opening and closing of the cover. It is not leak-PROOF, but I don't think and cover says it is....certainly isn't warrantied to be. There have been times that water has leaking into the bed but only in spots, surely not to where the whole bed was wet. Even then I can't be sure I didn't leave stuff like wood chips on the top and closed then into the seals. It takes a BUNCH of abuse and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I also pull a 5th wheel RV and the cover closes after I am done towing nicely with the hitch still in the bed!
Thanks.

I found a really great deal on a cap.. I may go that route as people are saying that caps are more secure and don't leak as bad as tonneau covers. I'll never pull a 5th wheel and any tall items will go in my trailer.

Old 10-12-2017, 10:37 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

..but the cover sure LOOKS nicer than a cap.... unless you spend a LOT more for it!