Notices
Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Peragon Install Review

 
  #1  
Old 05-30-2015, 09:34 PM
Chelle87's Avatar
Chelle87
Chelle87 is offline
Freshman User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Washington
Posts: 45
Chelle87 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Peragon Install Review

Finally pulled the trigger and chose to go with a Peragon tonneau cover. I had read reviews and found that they have the happiest customer base. I contacted Heath and he was able to quickly answer any couple questions that I had. I ordered it and it arrived at my house before the estimated ship out day arrived. I was really impressed to receive my cover so quickly.

We received our Peragon tonneau cover a couple weeks ago and I am just now getting a chance to write a review. Received the cover in two boxes and installed it that night.

We installed the cover a couple weeks ago, so the details are a little foggy, but it was a very easy install. The most difficult part was getting the cover close enough to the end so it would seal without being too far down. We had it installed in 2.5 hours.





Two boxes





Unboxing





Smaller boxes for directions and smaller parts.

Once we opened it, we followed the directions... step by step. It recommended that we spend some time watching the videos, but we chose to chance it and watch the videos if we needed. We started by putting together the rails.








They then were mounted on the truck.






Then the cover came out.








Finally, added the cover to the truck!










So far I am very happy with my purchase and would definitely recommend purchasing a Peragon. I have had my truck filled with stuff ranging from antiques to coolers and haven't had to worry about thieves or water. We had a huge rain storm the other day and I took a look inside and did not see any water. It's nice knowing that things are safe in the bed of my truck and I can get full access at anytime as well.
 
  #2  
Old 05-31-2015, 09:32 AM
BPofMD's Avatar
BPofMD
BPofMD is online now
FTE MD Chapter Ldr
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Millersville, MD
Posts: 47,771
BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
Nice job Chelle and other half! They sure have improved the install from the first issue!!! I liked the first one so much I bought one of the first new versions!
 
  #3  
Old 06-01-2015, 06:53 PM
Chelle87's Avatar
Chelle87
Chelle87 is offline
Freshman User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Washington
Posts: 45
Chelle87 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by BPofMD View Post
Nice job Chelle and other half! They sure have improved the install from the first issue!!! I liked the first one so much I bought one of the first new versions!
It was a very easy install. Definitely a two person job, but simple. I'm a very happy customer!
 
  #4  
Old 06-01-2015, 07:28 PM
Peragon
Peragon is online now
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 289
Peragon has a very good reputation on FTE.Peragon has a very good reputation on FTE.Peragon has a very good reputation on FTE.Peragon has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Chelle87 View Post
So far I am very happy with my purchase and would definitely recommend purchasing a Peragon.
Thank you for the detailed install review and photos! Looks great!

Originally Posted by BPofMD View Post
They sure have improved the install from the first issue!!!
We've been busy!
 
__________________
Heath Copp
President, Peragon Enterprises, Inc.
www.peragon.com

  #5  
Old 03-07-2019, 07:09 PM
Chelle87's Avatar
Chelle87
Chelle87 is offline
Freshman User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Washington
Posts: 45
Chelle87 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thumbs down Failing Paragon Cover

I wanted to come back and follow up on my Pergaon thread now that it has been over 3 years. I loved my Peragon for about the first year, but after that I started to see issues. Here are some of my issues:

Coming Off of Track
-It regularly falls off of the track and because of this, will no longer lock. I have to crawl inside of the bed of my truck and use my back to push it back on the track to make it lock. Unfortunately, it comes off almost every time that I open it, so this is frustrating. This issue will often cause only one of the sections to be off of the track, but I am not able to lock the cover, so it does not have the security that I wanted for a truck tonneau cover.

Splitting
-I have found that the metal pieces split from each other and separate. We then have to hook them back together to make it a functional tonneau cover.

Due to these issues with my Peragon, I would have a hard time recommending it to others. I imagine I will have to find a new tonneau cover in the next year because of the ongoing issues with my Peragon. Any recommendations?
 
  #6  
Old 03-09-2019, 04:56 PM
Peragon
Peragon is online now
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 289
Peragon has a very good reputation on FTE.Peragon has a very good reputation on FTE.Peragon has a very good reputation on FTE.Peragon has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Chelle87 View Post
I wanted to come back and follow up on my Pergaon thread now that it has been over 3 years. I loved my Paragon for about the first year, but after that I started to see issues.
Thank you for being a Peragon customer! It is important to us that our product serves you well for the long haul. Good news! Both of those issues can be fixed with an adjustment to your Peragon rails and ramps. What you're describing occurs if the rails are too far apart and/or the ramps are toed outward. Both are quick adjustments.

Our Support team ([email protected] or 877-473-7246) has a troubleshooting guide they can email to you and/or they can walk you through the adjustments by phone. It may be that after occurring for a while the panel tabs may need to be straightened, but we can help ensure everything is back to good working order.

- Heath
 
__________________
Heath Copp
President, Peragon Enterprises, Inc.
www.peragon.com

  #7  
Old 03-12-2019, 07:57 AM
Trobin1991
Trobin1991 is offline
Junior User
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 75
Trobin1991 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Chelle87 View Post
Finally pulled the trigger and chose to go with a Peragon tonneau cover. I had read reviews and found that they have the happiest customer base. I contacted Heath and he was able to quickly answer any couple questions that I had. I ordered it and it arrived at my house before the estimated ship out day arrived. I was really impressed to receive my cover so quickly.

We received our Peragon tonneau cover a couple weeks ago and I am just now getting a chance to write a review. Received the cover in two boxes and installed it that night.

We installed the cover a couple weeks ago, so the details are a little foggy, but it was a very easy install. The most difficult part was getting the cover close enough to the end so it would seal without being too far down. We had it installed in 2.5 hours.





Two boxes





Unboxing





Smaller boxes for directions and smaller parts.

Once we opened it, we followed the directions... step by step. It recommended that we spend some time watching the videos, but we chose to chance it and watch the videos if we needed. We started by putting together the rails.








They then were mounted on the truck.






Then the cover came out.








Finally, added the cover to the truck!










So far I am very happy with my purchase and would definitely recommend purchasing a Peragon. I have had my truck filled with stuff ranging from antiques to coolers and haven't had to worry about thieves or water. We had a huge rain storm the other day and I took a look inside and did not see any water. It's nice knowing that things are safe in the bed of my truck and I can get full access at anytime as well.

How is your cover holding up? Just discovered this cover the other day, and I think it solved all my problems. I like having an open truck bed 80% of the time, but want an easy solution for a hard tonneau cover when I take the family on trips as a way of locking up luggage in the back. Was gonna do the BAK revolver, but this looks more secure, and much easier on/off!!! Looking forward to your update.
 
  #8  
Old 07-10-2019, 09:45 PM
Chelle87's Avatar
Chelle87
Chelle87 is offline
Freshman User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Washington
Posts: 45
Chelle87 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have not had an opportunity to contact Paragon customer service. I need to call in. If it continues to be an issue after attempting a repair, I will probably remove it and purchase another cover. I expected to be able to install and utilize the cover, not have to do regular adjustments. It also is breaking apart between the panels, does not lock, and the strap to close it has ripped off. So as of now, it is still not a tonneau cover I would recommend.
 
  #9  
Old 07-12-2019, 10:13 PM
Peragon
Peragon is online now
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 289
Peragon has a very good reputation on FTE.Peragon has a very good reputation on FTE.Peragon has a very good reputation on FTE.Peragon has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Chelle87 View Post
I have not had an opportunity to contact Paragon customer service. I need to call in.
Hi Chelle - I passed along a note to our Support team so they are ready to assist and make it as painless as possible! I'm confident we can troubleshoot and correct the issues so your Peragon cover performs as it should now and down the road. Thanks! - Heath
 
__________________
Heath Copp
President, Peragon Enterprises, Inc.
www.peragon.com

 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
yellow truck
FE & FT Big Block V8 (332, 352, 360, 390, 406, 410, 427, 428)
92
06-06-2019 07:44 PM
pauli3wood
1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
969
04-14-2019 07:55 PM
petermorey
Manitoba / Saskatchewan Chapter
10
07-27-2017 11:53 PM
sgilbert8277
All Other Items for Sale
1
07-11-2017 10:17 AM
Samsn4
Ford Truck Parts for Sale
5
07-05-2017 06:54 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Peragon Install Review


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.