Notices

Andersen hitch problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 01:51 AM
PackerBacker_TX
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Andersen hitch problem

Got a brand new B&W turnover ball installed in my new F250 this week. Had a brand new Andersen Ultimate Hitch shipped to my house. Went to take delivery of our brand new Jayco 5th wheel this morning, only to find out the Andersen hitch coupler was defective. Seems the hole in the aluminum block that slides over the king pin was a fraction of an inch too small. Thinking it might be the king pin, I tried it on another - same result - too small. I called Andersen for help - no answer, closed on Saturday. I was in a real pickle and my wife was giving me an ear full as well. I had to find a last minute machinist in town that could save my rear. Luckily I did - paid him some cash under the table and I took home our new trailer. Andersen - SHAME ON YOU.

I bought this hitch because it's MADE IN THE USA and I wanted to support AMERICAN jobs. If this is the quality I can expect, I'll buy from China for half as much.

Old 07-22-2017, 12:55 PM
SkiSmuggs
Posting Guru
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by PackerBacker_TX
Got a brand new B&W turnover ball installed in my new F250 this week. Had a brand new Andersen Ultimate Hitch shipped to my house. Went to take delivery of our brand new Jayco 5th wheel this morning, only to find out the Andersen hitch coupler was defective. Seems the hole in the aluminum block that slides over the king pin was a fraction of an inch too small. Thinking it might be the king pin, I tried it on another - same result - too small. I called Andersen for help - no answer, closed on Saturday. I was in a real pickle and my wife was giving me an ear full as well. I had to find a last minute machinist in town that could save my rear. Luckily I did - paid him some cash under the table and I took home our new trailer. Andersen - SHAME ON YOU.

I bought this hitch because it's MADE IN THE USA and I wanted to support AMERICAN jobs. If this is the quality I can expect, I'll buy from China for half as much.
Too bad you went to that much trouble. I heated mine and sanded a little paint of the pin and it slid right on.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:58 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,097 Likes on 997 Posts
I've had my AUH on 2 King Pins. Fit on the first OK but after I installed a new one, same problem as you. Simply got out my rotor tool and ground off the paint and grime. It's only aluminum so it only took a little bit of grinding with a fine stone and it fit fine. Seems some King Pin manufacturers have different sized pins.