1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

Wipers and ignition buzzer issue.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 08:00 PM
Wolfgmc
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Wipers and ignition buzzer issue.

Just picked up the truck 1995 Ranger XLT. 3L...5spd...4x4...no power windows or door locks.
The key buzzer only buzzes for a few seconds, if you move the ignition it buzzes for a few seconds each time its moved. The wipers only work when the buzzer is dinging. Also..the wipers when turned off stay in the up position. I replaced the ignition key mechanism and the on off wiper relay. What am i missing in this weird scenario??

Old 07-30-2017, 10:33 AM
pawpaw
Received 73 Likes on 71 Posts
Well dang, I see you got missed & don't have any replies, so I'll see if we can get things started if your problems still exist.
Are you saying the vehicle doesn't have power door locks or windows, or it has them but they're not working?
These problems might feed into your other thread on no dash lights, so you might have more than one problem.

Use the wiring link I posted in that thread to also trouble shoot these problems.

If your 95 Ranger is OBD-2 diagnostics, with the 16 pin DLC in cabin, below the dash & to the left of the steering wheel & you have, or can come by the inexpensive ELM scan tool discussed here https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-scantool.html, it can query the body computer/controller for trouble code clues that low end code readers, or scan tools cant & might help focus All of your electrical trouble shooting on these problems.

It really helped me in trouble shooting my 99 Ranger ABS woes & found body computer/controller trouble codes that I didn't know I had, that helped me find & fix my intermittent power window woes.
It turned out to be caused by a faulty power delay relay/some times called the power window relay.
I found mine in a bayonet holder clipped to a metal tongue along the metal dash frame, just below & to the left of the glove box door. If your 95 is wired the same, you can see it if you push the passenger seat all the way aft & lay on your back in the passenger foot well & look up. The release tab is on top of the holder, push it down, while sliding the assy toward the passenger door. The relay is inside the holder & it isn't cheap to replace. I took mine apart, cleaned it's contacts & plugged it back in & the power windows work, but I don't know for how long!!!

A bunch of thoughts for consideration, let us know what you find here & on your no dash lights trouble shoot here https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...hts-issue.html.