2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Line-X bedliner question

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 11:41 PM
Spode
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Line-X bedliner question

I have 2017 F-250 CC SB. I have appointment for spray in liner in couple days.
The truck is used for pulling 30 foot pull trailer with supplies, gear, firewood and bicycles in the bed. Taking Dirt bikes and gear to the motocross track.
This NOT a work truck no slabs of concrete, 2" rebar or pool chemicals.

Does anyone experience with the Platinum or the Premium level liner.
Are they worth the extra money over the standard liner.
They claim the platinum is 3X stronger. I want something that will hold up over the long haul. I plan on keeping this truck for a long time.
thanks

Old 06-13-2017, 06:45 AM
shortride
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I've got the standard Line-X bed liner in mine and it's fairly thin. I don't haul much in my truck so I figured the standard liner will be adequate. The way you described how you're going to use yours, I would recommend the premium Line-X liner.

Name:  IMG950350.jpg
Views: 4798
Size:  286.0 KB

Old 06-13-2017, 06:57 AM
LiquidSteam
Posting Guru
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Spode
I have 2017 F-250 CC SB. I have appointment for spray in liner in couple days.
The truck is used for pulling 30 foot pull trailer with supplies, gear, firewood and bicycles in the bed. Taking Dirt bikes and gear to the motocross track.
This NOT a work truck no slabs of concrete, 2" rebar or pool chemicals.

They claim the platinum is 3X stronger. I want something that will hold up over the long haul. I plan on keeping this truck for a long time.
thanks

If the standard line-X liner can't handle firewood and dirt bikes then I question what the hell the point of it is? I was under the impression that the Line-X ultra is just a thinner version that can be color tinted... not in anyway stronger than the standard line-x. (not sure though)

Old 06-13-2017, 07:05 AM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Normal line x will hold up just fine. If it does happen to get a cut or gouge in it then that is what the lifetime warranty is for.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:14 AM
SGMJohn
Junior User
I have had 3 trucks coated in Line X Premium. I go with the Premium only for the UV protection qualities. I had a Rhino liner in another truck and the sun faded it in no time. That was years ago, I'm not sure what they do now since I only use Line X now. Like the others have said the Standard would be fine since it does come with a lifetime warranty.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:14 AM
kry226
Fleet Mechanic
Received 385 Likes on 215 Posts
I've had the standard liner in my last two trucks (over 300k miles), and I had the first one done when Line-X had just come out and didn't even have their nationwide warranty yet. Both liners never flinched at what I threw at them...tools, bikes, tree stands, feeders, oil, deer and deer parts, wild hogs, plus 8 family moves. It goes on and on.

Something tells me you'll be fine with the standard liner.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:39 AM
RightWingNutJob
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the Premium in my '15. It'll be 3 years old in September.

It's seen sand, stone dust, decorative gravel, 3/4" process, wood chips, top soil, broken-up concrete (w/wire mesh & rebar), construction waste, Belgian Block, misc. landscaping pavers, river rock, branches, & logs. Sheets of 3/16" Diamond Plate, sheet rock, plywood, steel file cabinets & workbenches, furniture, lawn equipment, tillers, sod cutters, snow blowers, small farm implements, etc., etc., etc.. I've spilled gas, motor oil, paint thinner, and a 5 gallon bucket of "black" waste water on it.

It's tough! It's handled it all. There are a few deeper scratches - but nothing that goes down to bare metal.

It's not as pretty as brand new, but when I hose out the bed and use some soap and a broom to get all the dirt off, the Line-X still has a shine to it.

RWNJ

Old 06-13-2017, 07:46 AM
Paw's 150 Lariat
Logistics Pro
Received 2,176 Likes on 680 Posts
Put a heavy bed mat on top of the liner to stop things from sliding and cushion your knees if you have to do anything inside. The mats work great too with no spray in liner.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:43 AM
FmaxTurboSi
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I went with standard because mine is not a work truck either. I heard the UV protectant makes the liner a hair more slipperier so I decided against it. I don't like my stuff sliding around my bed when driving.

Old 06-13-2017, 09:40 AM
ToUtahNow
Senior User
I have the standard Line-X liner and it is great. The Line-X dealer told me the premium liner was a waste of money unless you were really abusing your truck working construction.

Mark

Old 06-13-2017, 09:55 AM
Pdaw1541
Junior User
Get the premium line X spray in liner. I put in the premium line-x on my 2013 F150 when it was brand-new. I am trading in my 2013 F150 for my new super duty, and I have used my truck to haul gravel, firewood and other building supplies. When it is washed out it still looks brand-new. In fact, the appraiser at the dealership commented and asked how new the bedliner was. I told him it was four years old and he could not believe how good it still looked. The rep at the Line-x dealership told me that the premium has an additive in it so it will not sun fade over time. It may be a waste of money to some, but I can tell you, after four years, mine still looks brand-new! I would not do the color matched line-x if you have a lighter colored truck. Just make sure that they remove the bed bolts before spraying it in. Which I think now, is common practice.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:33 AM
manowell
Tuned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Spode
thanks
I got the premium level with a color match to the King Ranch Caribou color, only had it a couple of months and like it a lot. Previous truck had liner put in by the dealership that was "just as good", it was fading in less than two years. NEXT previous truck had a Line-X which looked good for more than five years.

Old 06-13-2017, 11:23 AM
EightySecond
Elder User
Man that looks nice.

Old 06-13-2017, 01:43 PM
LiquidSteam
Posting Guru
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
agreed that caribou color looks nice. Even your tool box has that color

Old 06-13-2017, 05:24 PM
Screamingbear
Tuned
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Standard is good.

I have the standard line-x in my F-350. It seems quite thick to me, certainly thicker than the Ford spray liner I had in my F-150. I am not very nice to it. (firewood, steel bars, tool boxes, etc). It takes the punishment with no noticeable marks.
I could not be happier with it.

Quick Reply: Line-X bedliner question