2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Advanced Security Pack

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 02:27 PM
BONE DR
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advanced Security Pack

What is the Advanced Security Pack? What features does it have and what does it do?

Old 06-13-2017, 10:49 AM
manowell
Tuned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BONE DR
What is the Advanced Security Pack? What features does it have and what does it do?
According to another post here,

Advanced Security Pack includes SecuriLock® Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) and Inclination / Intrusion Sensors. Optional on Super Duty XL and XLT; standard on LARIAT, King Ranch®, and Platinum.

Old 06-13-2017, 12:47 PM
mortock
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BONE DR
From what I have on mine, it has an active security where if someone tries to get on the truck or move the truck, it sounds the horn. The only issue is my dog when she's in the truck will set it off when she moves around too much. But you can adjust it to passive with a button click each time you park, instead of having the active alarm set. I think it's a good feature, as it's more sensitive and reacts to movement of the truck.

Old 06-13-2017, 12:52 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
I think the only difference is that there are 4 sensors in the overhead console near the upfitter switches that detect movement in the car when its locked.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:11 AM
vjsimone
Cargo Master
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
The absorption issue is moot. By the time Ethanol fuel reaches your fuel tank it is already saturated with all the moisture it can hold from the tanks it passes thru to get there.

The bigger concern is Ethanol Fuel Separation, where the Fuel starts breaking down after approx. 90 days. Water separates from the Ethanol, and a small amount of mystery material is the byproduct of the separation, you will see it collect on the sending unit. And now you have to reabsorb the separated water, adding fuel wont accomplish that.

Not as big of a deal if your tank is refreshed regularly, but all of ye who have a few extra vehicles around, you might want to consider leaving those tanks as empty as possible and only adding enough fuel to get you there and back.

Consider adding a tin of HEET gas-line antifreeze to those empty tanks, this product was tested and absorbed the separated water, whereas Seafoam and others did not.
(I have no stocks in HEET, but a few on the shelf, sealed)