Notices
6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

DOC Removal

Old 05-31-2017, 08:27 AM
Picton
Senior User
Picton is starting off with a positive reputation.
DOC Removal

So I'm going to delete the DOC this weekend. I should have done it the first time but I was in such a rush I bought a DPF delete pipe only...that bolted up to the flange on the DOC.

I read a post from speakerfritz and he mentioned "What is burning off the soot collection in the DOC if the truck isn't regening anymore?" And I thought "Oh crap! That makes sense. I better get that off too."

Anyway...Will I notice anything different? How it drives? How it sounds? Anything? I have the stock 3.5" exhaust and am going in with the 4" Flo-Pro delete pipes that are supposed to fit up with the stock tubing on either end.

Also, does anyone happen to know the part number for the flange gasket that sits between the DOC and DPF? I'm going to need another one if I ever have to slap the emissions equipment back on for inspection. Or do I?

Old 06-02-2017, 09:16 PM
UGA33
Post Fiend
UGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud of
You will notice a difference in sound. That's about it.

Old 06-03-2017, 10:26 AM
Picton
Senior User
Thank you sir.

Old 06-04-2017, 12:21 AM
Jrob76
Freshman User
Jrob76 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Walker brand makes one that feels like OEM and mates up good. Perfect for a quick on/off emission test. I got mine from Carid for about 7 bucks. Walker part number is mpn1893890

Old 07-17-2017, 10:16 AM
aquaman
Posting Guru
aquaman is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.aquaman is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The CAT doesn't really do much in terms of flow restriction at normal driving habits since it's flow-through. Soot accumulation simply blows through and out...which makes sense since I've haven't heard anyone complain about plugged up CAT's in the 6.0's.

I do note a caked on layer of soot build on the pipe walls though... like cholesterol build-up in arteries... but it seems that all eventually falls off and blows out also.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:30 AM
Picton
Senior User
Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
The CAT doesn't really do much in terms of flow restriction at normal driving habits since it's flow-through. Soot accumulation simply blows through and out...which makes sense since I've haven't heard anyone complain about plugged up CAT's in the 6.0's.

I do note a caked on layer of soot build on the pipe walls though... like cholesterol build-up in arteries... but it seems that all eventually falls off and blows out also.

Thanks for that aquaman. What you say makes sense. I would've had a clogged CAT by the time I took it off if that was possible. It was pretty caked up on the walls when I removed it finally. I needed to get it removed anyway I suppose. Besides...my truck sounds like an F-16 jet engine out the tailpipe now. It's crazy. One thing I do notice is less soot out of the tailpipe when I get on it a little...I assume that's because I'm not blowing out the caked on layers in the CAT anymore.