2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Towing screen on startup...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 12:57 PM
Jd4230
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Towing screen on startup...

How do you get the truck to start on the speedometer screen on start up instead of the towing screen (in the dash). Even when I'm not pulling a trailer my truck starts in the towing screen on startup. Thanks for the help and sorry if this has already been addressed, I looked before asking.

Old 04-06-2017, 01:02 PM
wb6anp
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Go into the trailer screen, find trailer setup select "no active trailer"

Old 04-06-2017, 01:02 PM
peoples1234
Junior User
Unfortunately, you have to select "No Active Trailer" in the towing menu under Change Trailer. Once you plug a trailer in, the truck continues think it is plugged in (including accumulating miles) until you unselect it.

Old 04-06-2017, 01:12 PM
Jd4230
New User
Thanks guys! I'll unselect it!

Old 04-06-2017, 02:06 PM
wb6anp
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
However if you setup the trailer with other than the default name, you can leave it active catch the truck up to the trailer mileage, if , I you track that.

Old 04-06-2017, 03:58 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 7,149 Likes on 2,856 Posts
I haven't had to deactivate a trailer that had been previously attached. Once I start it up after unhooking it's good to go.

Old 04-06-2017, 04:11 PM
hinsong
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Same for me. If trailer is hooked up when I start the truck, it defaults to the trailer screen. If no trailer is hooked up, last screen used comes on.

I've never had to deactivate a trailer. For those that do have to deactivate a trailer, I wonder if they're missing an update somewhere.

Old 04-06-2017, 04:22 PM
Nimrod
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hinsong
Same for me. If trailer is hooked up when I start the truck, it defaults to the trailer screen. If no trailer is hooked up, last screen used comes on.

I've never had to deactivate a trailer. For those that do have to deactivate a trailer, I wonder if they're missing an update somewhere.
I have about 6 trailers configured. How does it know which one you plugged in if you dont select one of them?

Old 04-06-2017, 04:29 PM
hinsong
Tuned
Originally Posted by Nimrod
I have about 6 trailers configured. How does it know which one you plugged in if you dont select one of them?
I do to. Whenever I plug a trailer in, I think it just uses a default (or the last used trailer-not sure) until I go in and select the correct trailer. Then, it will keep that one as long as it stays plugged in.

Once I unplug it, though, I don;t have to go back and "de-select" it after my next start up. My truck defaults to "no active trailer" as soon as I disconnect any of the trailers.

Old 04-06-2017, 04:34 PM
Nimrod
Senior User
I do to. Whenever I plug a trailer in, I think it just uses a default (or the last used trailer-not sure) until I go in and select the correct trailer. Then, it will keep that one as long as it stays plugged in.

Once I unplug it, though, I don;t have to go back and "de-select" it after my next start up. My truck defaults to "no active trailer" as soon as I disconnect any of the trailers.
...and your screen at start after you disconnect doesn't default to the towing screen? Mine is like OP. Unless I go back into trailer setup and select trailer and select No Active Trailer it will continue to default to towing screen. Once I select no active trailer it will default back to my desired screen.

Old 04-06-2017, 04:41 PM
hinsong
Tuned
It definitely does NOT. I'd read a thread on here about it even before I got my truck and was dreading having to do that. Once I got my truck, I checked it and mine does NOT not require selecting no active trailer after disconnecting. In fact, if I disconnect a trailer and then go to my trailer screen, it already says no active trailer.

Old 04-06-2017, 04:47 PM
Nimrod
Senior User
It definitely does NOT. I'd read a thread on here about it even before I got my truck and was dreading having to do that. Once I got my truck, I checked it and mine does NOT not require selecting no active trailer after disconnecting. In fact, if I disconnect a trailer and then go to my trailer screen, it already says no active trailer.
Well that is the way it should be.... If it recognizes when a trailer connects it also recognizes when it disconnects and should do what yours does. Could be an update issue.

Old 04-06-2017, 04:55 PM
hinsong
Tuned
Originally Posted by Nimrod
Well that is the way it should be.... If it recognizes when a trailer connects it also recognizes when it disconnects and should do what yours does. Could be an update issue.
I agree. I was very happy to find that mine worked this way. I don't know the build date of my truck off the top of my head, but it's a job 1 and I've had it about 2 weeks now. My sync 3 is v2.2 (doubt that has anything to do with it).

If anyone wants to try and trouble-shoot, I'll help any way I can by testing different things or looking for software versions. I haven't installed ForScan yet but it's on my To Do list.

Old 04-06-2017, 05:07 PM
Blizardj
New User
It's not an update. Once you first plug in a trailer, it will from that time on active and deactive a trailer when you plug or unplug it. My truck did the same thing before I pluged in the trailer the first time. Sorry buts its been a while, so you may have to walk the truck through the first connection. Meaning IDing it, naming it and so on....

John

Old 04-06-2017, 05:18 PM
jjmcc2
Junior User
Originally Posted by Blizardj
It's not an update. Once you first plug in a trailer, it will from that time on active and deactive a trailer when you plug or unplug it. My truck did the same thing before I pluged in the trailer the first time. Sorry buts its been a while, so you may have to walk the truck through the first connection. Meaning IDing it, naming it and so on....

John
I went through the setup since day one and named my trailer and set all the setting and when I plug in the trailer it connects to the correct trailer. Whenever I unplug the trailer it stays in the trailer mode and add to the milage. I've tried deleting it, tried new setup and new name still defaults to trailer screen until I go to no active trailer. It is not because it is not set up at least for me (unless I missed a step).

Quick Reply: Towing screen on startup...