second chance? - Page 3 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

second chance?

Old 06-08-2017, 06:16 AM
Post Fiend

GreatNorthWoods has a great reputation on FTE.GreatNorthWoods has a great reputation on FTE.GreatNorthWoods has a great reputation on FTE.GreatNorthWoods has a great reputation on FTE.GreatNorthWoods has a great reputation on FTE.
Nice! I like it...
Old 06-08-2017, 06:28 AM
Elder User

wallster has a great reputation on FTE.wallster has a great reputation on FTE.wallster has a great reputation on FTE.wallster has a great reputation on FTE.
Since the bed was all banged up from the last owner I touched up the paint in the bed a few days ago and last night I sanded down the wood slats and stained them. Tonight they'll get a coat of clear urethane. Making progress!

Wally
Attached Images

Old 06-08-2017, 07:22 AM
Posting Guru

dennisb56 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.dennisb56 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Looks great, so glad you got it back!
Old 06-19-2017, 09:53 AM
Elder User

wallster has a great reputation on FTE.wallster has a great reputation on FTE.wallster has a great reputation on FTE.wallster has a great reputation on FTE.
I almost have Ol' Red back to her glory days so I decided to finish one thing that I didn't get around to before I sold her last time. The vent windows were delaminating and were scratched. The rubber seals around them were also very worn. The driver's side window was old faded and scratched Plexiglas so I replaced the vent and drivers door glass (as well as all the rubber seals). It took me about seven hours on Saturday but she looks like a million bucks now. I'm waiting for the window door glass runs be shipped to finish it all up. Next up, the truck heads over to a friends shop for some suspension maintenance, updates and modifications. She should be ready to take to cruise night this Friday night.

Wally
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2017, 09:54 PM
Elder User

She's ready for summer! We replaced the lower control arm bushings, front shocks, lowered the rear end, and reworked the complete exhaust system.

Wally
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2017, 10:04 PM
Posting Guru

49f3dls is a splendid one to behold49f3dls is a splendid one to behold49f3dls is a splendid one to behold49f3dls is a splendid one to behold49f3dls is a splendid one to behold49f3dls is a splendid one to behold49f3dls is a splendid one to behold49f3dls is a splendid one to behold
I'll say it again- that is one beautiful truck. Nice job on redoing it. Have fun with it.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:55 AM
Postmaster

schoo is a name known to allschoo is a name known to allschoo is a name known to allschoo is a name known to allschoo is a name known to allschoo is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallster View Post
I almost have Ol' Red back to her glory days so I decided to finish one thing that I didn't get around to before I sold her last time. The vent windows were delaminating and were scratched. The rubber seals around them were also very worn. The driver's side window was old faded and scratched Plexiglas so I replaced the vent and drivers door glass (as well as all the rubber seals). It took me about seven hours on Saturday but she looks like a million bucks now. I'm waiting for the window door glass runs be shipped to finish it all up. Next up, the truck heads over to a friends shop for some suspension maintenance, updates and modifications. She should be ready to take to cruise night this Friday night.

Wally
Nice truck did you install the side mirrors and how do you like them
Old 06-27-2017, 07:07 AM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoo View Post
Nice truck did you install the side mirrors and how do you like them

Those mirrors were on the truck when I bought it and they're not that functional because of their size but they help. Head turn works better.

Wally