Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Looking for Dealership Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 08:34 AM
OTL_himself
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking for Dealership Recommendations

Hi folks, I'm a brand new member and as of a few minutes ago, have joined the Virginia chapter. I live in Collinsville, in Henry County. I just bought my '13 F-150 STX 2 1/2 weeks ago.

When the time comes for maintenance and the like, I want to form a relationship with the best dealership in my area, and am looking for recommendations. I'm ruling out the Ford dealership right here in Henry County, simply because they are part of a larger organization with whom I've had a very bad experience in the past. Suffice it to say I no longer have any dealings with them.

In particular, I'm interested to hear about dealerships in Patrick, Franklin, or Pittsylvania counties, so if you've ever dealt with any of those and would recommend them, please let me know. Thanks in advance and I'm glad to be here

Old 04-17-2017, 01:47 PM
GLR
FTE Legend
Received 854 Likes on 772 Posts
You don't like Nelson????
Can Jim Mills work on the truck?
Nothing in Patrick County. (Dealership)
Just for routine maint. Hamms Garage has a good rep. as does Brown's Garage. Both in the Stuart area.

Old 04-24-2017, 01:23 PM
OTL_himself
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GLR
You don't like Nelson????
Can Jim Mills work on the truck?
Nothing in Patrick County. (Dealership)
Just for routine maint. Hamms Garage has a good rep. as does Brown's Garage. Both in the Stuart area.

I used to LOVE Nelson, actually. Then after being a customer of theirs for 9 1/2 years, the one time things went wrong, they did absolutely nothing as far as taking ownership of the situation. The response they offered was incredibly weak and disappointing. That experience left me feeling completely betrayed, and the misinformation I received wound up costing me the best vehicle I'd ever owned up until that point.

Jim Mills is now Blue Ridge Nissan/Dodge. They had one shot to earn my loyalty when my '97 Pathfinder broke down. Took them forever to get the parts in, and even then it wasn't fixed. Took it back to them 2 days later, got it back a week after that, after they said they couldn't find anything else wrong. The next day, it nearly left my wife and newborn daughter stranded in Eden, NC. Suffice to say the service manager there came extremely close to having one royally pissed off Ohioan on his hands, and I haven't been back since.

As far as mom-and-pop places go, I've used AutoTech in Collinsville and have been happy with their work, and I also have a very good friend at the biker ministry who does great work as well.

When I registered the truck at the SYNC website, I chose Duncan Ford in Rocky Mount for now. Most likely, when my truck is due for the 60,000 maintenance check up, I'll schedule it with them as a way of scoping them out. Mostly I just want to have an actual Ford dealership as a "go-to" for matters best handled by the dealership itself.