North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

Looking for dealership recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 08:37 AM
OTL_himself
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking for dealership recommendations

Hi folks, I'm a brand new member and as of a few minutes ago, have joined the Virginia chapter. However, I live right on the state line, just north of Rockingham County. I just bought my '13 F-150 STX 2 1/2 weeks ago.

When the time comes for maintenance and the like, I want to form a relationship with the best dealership in my area, and am looking for recommendations. I'm ruling out the Ford dealership right here in Henry County, Virginia, simply because they are part of a larger organization with whom I've had a very bad experience in the past. Suffice it to say I no longer have any dealings with them.

In particular, I'm interested to hear about dealerships in Rockingham, Guilford, or Forsyth counties, so if you've ever dealt with any of those and would recommend them, please let me know. Thanks in advance for any recommendations you can make

Old 03-23-2017, 09:18 AM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
Welcome to FTE.

Hopefully some NCFTE members that live near you will chime in with assistance. I don't know that area well enough to make any recommendations.

I suggest you do your own maintenance. Buy a manual and start tinkering.

Heck, most of the folks in the NC chapter can fix or repair just about anything. You may want to check out our works thread. Ask questions and maybe even have a work day. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ks-thread.html

Old 03-23-2017, 09:37 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Same here buddy, I don't know the area well enough. Seen you in the 2009 to 2014 forums though. Nice pick up!

Old 03-23-2017, 09:40 AM
OTL_himself
Elder User
Thanks for your reply, and I look forward to hearing from others here as well. I do plan to involve my local mechanic here in town on most, if not all of my maintenance moving forward. I also like to keep a dealership in mind in case I run into anything especially unusual, or want a good source for OEM parts, etc. Basically, I only need a dealership to serve a supplementary role at most, but even for that, I won't go to the one here in town...

Old 03-23-2017, 09:44 AM
OTL_himself
Elder User
Originally Posted by ubereal2
Same here buddy, I don't know the area well enough. Seen you in the 2009 to 2014 forums though. Nice pick up!
You sure have, and thanks for the compliment. I couldn't be happier with my truck so far. Got your friend request the other day as well. Thanks for the add. As soon as I become PM eligible in about 2 more days, I'm gonna get with you about those Coyote decals

Old 03-23-2017, 10:33 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by OTL_himself
You sure have, and thanks for the compliment. I couldn't be happier with my truck so far. Got your friend request the other day as well. Thanks for the add. As soon as I become PM eligible in about 2 more days, I'm gonna get with you about those Coyote decals
I'm really surprised that they didn't go faster. I still have a pretty good stack.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:39 AM
OTL_himself
Elder User
Originally Posted by ubereal2
I'm really surprised that they didn't go faster. I still have a pretty good stack.
I'm surprised, too. They remind me of the old Roadrunner decals Plymouth used to use back in the early 70s.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:49 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
I came up with the idea when I had my 2011 F150 Super Crew with the 5.0.
It seemed the last several trucks that I had, I was robbed of anything for the engine.
My 2001 had the 4.2 V6 and got nothing, but the V8's had the Triton badge. Now going to the 2011 I had (totaled out after a few tree's fell on it last July), I finally got back into a V8. Again, nothing, but the V6 EcoBoost got the badges/decals.
Then I came up with the Coyote decal, and found a place in Raleigh that would make a hand full for me.
My 2011 was totaled out before I had the decals made. And I had to have another Coyote, so I found the 2013 I have now in Charlotte, and had the decals made before something else happened to the truck.
So far so good.