6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

2004 6.0 I need a DPF, what gives California!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 07:31 AM
chick
Cross-Country
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
And Governor Moonbeam is in Washington begging for federal money, while at home he wants to secede and shun federal laws on immigration. Must be nice to have it both ways.

Old 03-25-2017, 08:34 AM
navistarnut
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by chick
And Governor Moonbeam is in Washington begging for federal money, while at home he wants to secede and shun federal laws on immigration. Must be nice to have it both ways.
Doubt he will get much money anymore, considering the POTUS can't stand him or his cronies like Maxine and Nancy, et al.

Beautiful state with such diversity in climate, landscape, etc. I have family in the valley and the coast by Santa Barbara, so I hear both sides.
We were going to vacation there this summer but I vote with my wallet when needed, and they don't need my tourism dollars.

I know there are plenty of good folks from Cali here on the forum, can't lump everyone one in the same pot, too bad the vocal and insane minority make so much noise.

Old 03-25-2017, 02:50 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Received 429 Likes on 286 Posts
Originally Posted by olfordsnstone
The proposal of The State Of Jefferson both scares me and makes me dance in rejoice. Especially with ol' moonbeam's wacko carrying-on about secession from The Union. If Jefferson's separation from Cali, to remain a faithful 51st state of the U.S.A. could actually happen, with guarantee of success, I'd be in 100%. The thought is awesome, a separation of a 51st state, along with the long awaited rub of the liberal nose into the proverbial fecal pot for the political clowns, whom have been so irresponsibly controlling this state for way too long... Boy, talk about hijack. I think we took this one all the way to Cuba, LOL.
Tim: did you sign up? You can do it via their website. We could survive as a state just by selling Our water to low-land-libbers

Old 03-25-2017, 03:46 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Hmm, I think we are reading the topic line like this
2004 6.0 I need a DPF, what gives California!

As someone already said we should move the bash stuff to the Early morning coffee thread or better yet the late night beer and wine thread.
Could get wild after a few drinks,

Any word from the OP on the issue or did it get buried in the chatter?

Old 03-26-2017, 03:03 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 144 Likes on 103 Posts
So what happen to the guy from Corona? Did he get his tags? I never heard of that one, but DPF on old trucks, I don't think so. I do know that they passed it for construction equipment but not older trucks. Had mine done last year.

Old 03-26-2017, 03:45 PM
69cj
Hotshot
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
The proposal of The State Of Jefferson both scares me and makes me dance in rejoice. Especially with ol' moonbeam's wacko carrying-on about secession from The Union. If Jefferson's separation from Cali, to remain a faithful 51st state of the U.S.A. could actually happen, with guarantee of success, I'd be in 100%. The thought is awesome, a separation of a 51st state, along with the long awaited rub of the liberal nose into the proverbial fecal pot for the political clowns, whom have been so irresponsibly controlling this state for way too long... Boy, talk about hijack. I think we took this one all the way to Cuba, LOL.
Separation means your own military. The first aircraft carrier would bankrupt the state and without the feds money the illegals would also sink it. A separate Ca. is a dream of the people that still believe in Dorothy's red slippers.

Old 03-26-2017, 04:05 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by 69cj
Separation means your own military. The first aircraft carrier would bankrupt the state and without the feds money the illegals would also sink it. A separate Ca. is a dream of the people that still believe in Dorothy's red slippers.
Mike: I call foul on that one! Next you are gonna' try and convince me there is no Santa, no Tooth Fairy, Mermaids don't exist, and that Trump won the election...

We got a lot of water to sell you guys... How are those desalinization plants coming along down there??! We aren't talking about leaving the USA, just splitting the state along lines of belief...

How many aircraft carriers does Kalifornia own now....?

Old 03-26-2017, 08:27 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 69cj
I tried to step down from the but I see I might have to clarify my earlier post.

What I meant by "separate" is a geographical portion of California (several Northern California counties) separating from the state of California, as the proposed State Of Jefferson implies. This is a separation of several Northern California counties from the existing State of California, forming a 51st state. The State of Jefferson would still belong to The Union, USA, leaving the State Of California (remaining lower part of the state from SF to LA) to take whatever path they wish to careen down. The pipe dream of "secession" of California from The Union is a completely separate issue, and I agree that Cali is living in a wacked-out - moonbeam reality for even considering such a move.

Old 03-26-2017, 09:03 PM
dr67
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I live North of Sacramento and its a whole different California up here. The State of Jefferson sounds like a dream come true. MoonBeam, Pelosi, Waters, Fienstien, Harris and the worst of them Is Gavin Nusome. If that guy gets elected Governor when Moombeam terms out in a couple years, we will be begging to have Brown back. At least Clinton didnt win and I can tell my guns the Bad lady is gone now.. :P

Old 04-04-2017, 11:24 PM
lupuseven
YouTube Certified Mech
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Bonanza35
So what happen to the guy from Corona? Did he get his tags? I never heard of that one, but DPF on old trucks, I don't think so. I do know that they passed it for construction equipment but not older trucks. Had mine done last year.
Sorry work has ramped up a bit but about to slow back down...

No tags yet..
haven't had the time to wait on hold, tried a few times on hold until I got hollered at for being on the phone. Going to go to the place I went last smog check just gonna have to take a day off work to do it and wait on hold until I get an official answer

Old 04-05-2017, 01:14 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 144 Likes on 103 Posts
Well thanks for checking back in, keep us posted.

Old 04-05-2017, 02:43 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Clayton: Is this for the truck in your sig? Or one you've acquired and are trying to register for the 1st time?

I know they go nuts when you change to a different year motor: I think it goes like this: it has to pass smog for the body or the motor, whichever is newer.

Maybe the guy thought you put an '08 motor in there...? Personally I'd let them catch it and not say a word. I don't know if you ever said what emissions sticker you have on the truck in question?

Good luck in any case...

Scott

Old 04-05-2017, 03:19 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Scott, looking at his siggy, I see that he has an 06 engine, not 08. I think the emissions were the same in 06 as they were in 04, weren't they? But you're correct, if he thought, for some reason, that there was an 08 in there, that's a different animal all together.

Old 04-05-2017, 04:02 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Scott, looking at his siggy, I see that he has an 06 engine, not 08. I think the emissions were the same in 06 as they were in 04, weren't they? But you're correct, if he thought, for some reason, that there was an 08 in there, that's a different animal all together.
Yeah, I saw that Tim, that was why I was asking -- we took a rabbit trail here and there in this thread, and I was going back to see if Clayton ever said if he had the 50 state smog sticker and that is when I saw the '06 motor in the sig line.

So I thought I'd ask: what truck are we talking about and is there any chance the smog station guy looked up the wrong engine year info (if it is the truck in his sig).

I'm going to go do some reading to see if there is anything NEW that says ANY engine change requires bringing it to CURRENT smog regulations (now wouldn't that just suck )

Old 04-05-2017, 04:11 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
I found a couple of things on BAR and ARB sites, this was the most concerning because they don't really qualify the part on "more stringent", like what kicks that off:

From BAR:
Certification Standards

Make sure the engine and emission control configuration on exhaust-controlled vehicles are certified to the year of the vehicle or newer, and to the same or a more stringent new vehicle certification standard.

Quick Reply: 2004 6.0 I need a DPF, what gives California!