2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Spray in Bedliners

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 08:39 PM
FIGTAZ50
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spray in Bedliners

This may have been asked before but can't seem to find it. I live in Texas and want to get a spray in bedlinen for my F250. Is the lineX product worth the extra cost? The hot sun here in Texas really does make them fade. Line x dealer said the there product won't fade at all. Thoughts?

Old 03-17-2017, 08:47 PM
2009kr
Posting Guru
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I got the UV topcoat on my lineX so it is smoother and easier to clean. The UV protection was an added bonus.

Old 03-17-2017, 09:17 PM
frogracer
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have used these folks on all three of my trucks since 2009 for the bed liner. Top notch quality - never had a cut or fade issue.

Xtreme Bed Liners of Pearland - Liners | Pearland, TX

Old 03-17-2017, 09:41 PM
AMXDREAMER
Posting Guru
Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
I had the Ford spray in done for 2 reasons. It will be covered for the 3 years bumper to bumper and I like the Ford logo at the front of the box!

Old 03-17-2017, 11:02 PM
Sleepyguy
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AMXDREAMER
I had the Ford spray in done for 2 reasons. It will be covered for the 3 years bumper to bumper and I like the Ford logo at the front of the box!
The Ford liner goes hard and turns slippery in cold conditions. -20 it can be a bit interesting to walk on.

Line x seems to be very popular but I do not see as much of it in Canada. The after market spray they did is thicker and seems to hold up better in the cold.

Old 03-17-2017, 11:23 PM
ronlisa
New User
Originally Posted by AMXDREAMER
Same here. The Ford sprayed liner looks very professional and the Ford logo is the finishing touch. With this said, I'm not saying that the Line X isn't top notch either. I had one of theirs a few trucks ago and it was top notch also. I just figured that Fords may be a little better since it is electronically sprayed in with a robot which would probably do a little better job in being uniformed across the whole bed. Time will tell.

Old 03-17-2017, 11:24 PM
REPO.
Senior User
Originally Posted by Sleepyguy
The Ford liner goes hard and turns slippery in cold conditions. -20 it can be a bit interesting to walk on.

Line x seems to be very popular but I do not see as much of it in Canada. The after market spray they did is thicker and seems to hold up better in the cold.

Agreed. My local Ford dealer recommended not getting the factory spray in liner. They take all their trucks to a local shop and have them done.

Old 03-17-2017, 11:48 PM
AMXDREAMER
Posting Guru
Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by REPO.
Agreed. My local Ford dealer recommended not getting the factory spray in liner. They take all their trucks to a local shop and have them done.
So, it doesn't get that cold here and all the truck carries under the tonneau is my hockey gear during the winter! lol I'm sure the dealer has a deal set up with the local guy where he makes something out of sending him customers (and there is nothing wrong with that)

I still like the Ford logo in the bed though!

Old 03-17-2017, 11:50 PM
REPO.
Senior User
Agreed also. It depends on how you intend to use the truck. I live in an oil & gas community. Trucks here can see a variety of different abuse. And the -38 Celsius is just one of them.

Old 03-17-2017, 11:54 PM
JT_Guitar
Senior User
Originally Posted by ronlisa
Same here. The Ford sprayed liner looks very professional and the Ford logo is the finishing touch. With this said, I'm not saying that the Line X isn't top notch either. I had one of theirs a few trucks ago and it was top notch also. I just figured that Fords may be a little better since it is electronically sprayed in with a robot which would probably do a little better job in being uniformed across the whole bed. Time will tell.
The rumor is Ford sends the completed trucks out for the liner, i.e. Not "electronically sprayed".

Maybe someone can confirm...

I'm a Line-X guy.

Old 03-18-2017, 01:20 AM
Sleepyguy
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
There is a video on here on how Ford does their bed liners. They have a shop that does it right after truck leaves the line. They are done by a computer and quaility checked. I'll be damned if I know where the video was but it makes it very convincing to go with factory liner.

Old 03-18-2017, 06:27 AM
ronlisa
New User
Originally Posted by JT_Guitar
The rumor is Ford sends the completed trucks out for the liner, i.e. Not "electronically sprayed".

Maybe someone can confirm...

I'm a Line-X guy.
Maybe "electronically sprayed " was not the best choice of words. What I should have said it is robotically sprayed . Heres a link to a You Tube Video from Ford on how it is done right there in a separate building at the factory.

Old 03-18-2017, 06:40 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,194 Likes on 573 Posts
Yep, robotically sprayed by a company called Ground Effects.

Ground Effects - Ford

The front Ford logo is a foam piece tacked in place and sprayed over.

Old 03-18-2017, 06:43 AM
HouseMouse
Elder User
I had a Rhino done on my Dodge and it "Lasted" 12 years. Over those years it slowly deteriorated. There may be a new compound used now(?), but, it held up pretty good all things considered. If I would have kept the truck, it would have needed a touch up spray. This time around, I had the Ford spray in. Great job. Slippery although to the point I need to strap items down with the Ford bed wall cleats to keep thing from sliding.

Old 03-18-2017, 06:44 AM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Line x here, it holds up well in the Alabama summer with minimal fading. Had it on my 01 and it was still in good condition when I got my 17. First stop on the way home from the dealer to get it on the schedule, did the same with my Mahindra mPact on the dump bed.

Quick Reply: Spray in Bedliners