Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 1ton towing comp

Old 03-17-2017, 08:19 AM
sam hain
Junior User
sam hain is starting off with a positive reputation.
2017 1ton towing comp

Surprisingly the Dmax wins.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old 03-17-2017, 12:10 PM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.
It's the hood scoop..

Old 03-17-2017, 12:33 PM
my_crib_too
Posting Guru
my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.
2017 Ouch...

bruce...

Old 03-17-2017, 12:41 PM
Moogal78
Senior User
Moogal78 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
This just in from FTLtruck, having a numerically lower rear axle improves fuel economy and top speed!

Old 03-17-2017, 03:40 PM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Old 03-17-2017, 04:09 PM
js139
Senior User
js139 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Not sure I buy the results of this test. First, as noted above, the trucks were not equal in gearing. My 2008 450 had 4.30 gears and my mileage sucked when empty. However, when fully loaded (I mean loaded to the brim), I would get better mileage by 1 to 1.5 mpg than my buddy with the same truck and the higher gears. Gearing makes a big difference in RPMs in the motor (which equates to noise), pulling ability, and mileage. Additionally, they gave a large factor to preference which I think made the decision as to who won.

What surprised me in all of this was how close all of the trucks actually were. That tells me that this is mostly just a preference test. My preference is Ford. I've towed with a 14 Dodge and it drove nice, though I prefer my Ford over it. I've also towed with my dad's 13 GMC. It too towed pretty good, but I prefer the Dodge over the GMC and my Ford over the Dodge.

The video itself was informative, though it feels misleading to me given the Ford was smoothest, quietest, and performed almost identical as the other 2, but was 5 points lower on preference.

Just my thoughts.

Old 03-18-2017, 10:48 AM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
They didn't have the right amount of weight to have the SD in the proper rpm range.

If they had used manual mode and dropped down a gear then the max TQ would have been used.

Old 03-20-2017, 12:45 AM
ToUtahNow
Senior User
ToUtahNow is starting off with a positive reputation.
I enjoyed the video but don't know that I would rely on the results. They used a lighter trailer because the Ch
Chevy is rated lower than both the Dodge and the Ford.

Mark

Old 03-20-2017, 02:16 PM
dnoel
Senior User
dnoel is starting off with a positive reputation.
Look up their test from a year or two ago...The Chevy and Dodge were pulling identical 5th wheel RV's, the trailer behind the Ford is different. HUH? I don't trust these guys after that.