Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

max egt's?

Old 03-20-2017, 05:05 AM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Keeseter CO View Post
I monitor my 6.7 off of the DPF sensor. Towing 10k up a 4% the truck went into regen. Once the temps in the DPF exceeded 1250, the truck went into limp mode (no boost). Shut it off, restarted and the truck was just fine.

The Excursion, while I never tow with it, driving up the Eisenhower approach near the top in the summertime (75 degrees ambient, variable humidity) the truck will touch 1200, but not before the fan clutches in and it calms down.

IMO, the 6.7 in stock mode is not happy when towing and regen'ing at the same time....it was at that time I started seriously considering a delete. My buddy in the deleted Cummins following me wouldn't shut up about it for days.

Something wrong with yours. I can run the tunnel full throttle pulling 16K at 55 mph with oil temps hitting 248 and no loss of power. Clutch fan comes on but no loss of boost or power.

Same going up Monarch.

Old 03-20-2017, 02:33 PM
jethrodean
Senior User
jethrodean is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a s&b dry intake. I think my new probe is junk or my truck isnt getting enough air. Think I might put the stock air box back in to see if the egt's drop. Its crazy to me that pulling a 1800 pound trailer would get my truck up to 1000 degrees. My 6.0 never got that hot pulling empty. Any of u guys that are deleted have u seen numbers that high pulling so little.

Old 03-20-2017, 03:16 PM
Keeseter CO
Senior User
Keeseter CO has a very good reputation on FTE.Keeseter CO has a very good reputation on FTE.Keeseter CO has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by senix View Post
Something wrong with yours. I can run the tunnel full throttle pulling 16K at 55 mph with oil temps hitting 248 and no loss of power. Clutch fan comes on but no loss of boost or power.

Same going up Monarch.
Well, it was during a regen that it did it. If I remember correctly, you have nothing to regen. ;-)

What programmer are you running and what do you have your water temp, EGT and oil defuel settings at? The second time this happened, the H&S defueled the truck because of the water temp breaking the threshold in the programmer, not because of the Ford programming.

Old 03-20-2017, 09:10 PM
cappa
Senior User
cappa is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Pull that Plexi glass cover off the s&b if you haven't already. Guys were claiming they lost response and mileage with that intake and the cover on, which to me says that it doesn't flow any better than stock.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:03 PM
jethrodean
Senior User
Yea I pulled that cover off today. Haven't took a ride since I took it off. Gotta go pick up a ton of top soil tomorrow so will c if it helps. If not ima just hack the box in half.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:10 PM
Sterling6.7
Senior User
Sterling6.7 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Sterling6.7 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by jethrodean View Post
I have a s&b dry intake. I think my new probe is junk or my truck isnt getting enough air. Think I might put the stock air box back in to see if the egt's drop. Its crazy to me that pulling a 1800 pound trailer would get my truck up to 1000 degrees. My 6.0 never got that hot pulling empty. Any of u guys that are deleted have u seen numbers that high pulling so little.
Yup. I can get to 1400+ on the GH tune or about 1200 on the Tyrant tune. That's empty, foot on the floor, passing cars at 80 and gaining, going up hill. Or so I have heard.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:57 PM
jethrodean
Senior User
Originally Posted by Sterling6.7 View Post
Yup. I can get to 1400+ on the GH tune or about 1200 on the Tyrant tune. That's empty, foot on the floor, passing cars at 80 and gaining, going up hill. Or so I have heard.
man thats crazy.

Old 03-21-2017, 05:52 AM
tpalmer007
Senior User
tpalmer007 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thinking I might have a bad probe. Left the store earlier and the egt degrees was stuck at 32. Unplugged the livewire and she started working again.
Jethro- Had the same problem over the weekend using my H&S Mini Maxx. Pulled the spare probe out of my DPF sitting in the shed and installed under the hood. Everything works fine now.

Old 03-21-2017, 06:56 AM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Keeseter CO View Post
Well, it was during a regen that it did it. If I remember correctly, you have nothing to regen. ;-)

What programmer are you running and what do you have your water temp, EGT and oil defuel settings at? The second time this happened, the H&S defueled the truck because of the water temp breaking the threshold in the programmer, not because of the Ford programming.

NO, I am running stock. But no regens while towing. my DPF stays at 0%.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:14 AM
jethrodean
Senior User
Originally Posted by tpalmer007 View Post
Jethro- Had the same problem over the weekend using my H&S Mini Maxx. Pulled the spare probe out of my DPF sitting in the shed and installed under the hood. Everything works fine now.
I thought about doing that too. But how did u get the dpf probe to fit the in where the metal prongs go on the egt box thing. Or did u hook it into the factory plug one that is disconnected during the egr removal?

Old 03-21-2017, 11:22 AM
tpalmer007
Senior User
tpalmer007 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I thought about doing that too. But how did u get the dpf probe to fit the in where the metal prongs go on the egt box thing. Or did u hook it into the factory plug one that is disconnected during the egr removal?
I hooked up to the factory plug that's disconnected with the EGR. It's "pyro 1" in the Mini Maxx menu options. I'm not sure how it works with your tuner.

Old 03-21-2017, 12:42 PM
jethrodean
Senior User
Originally Posted by tpalmer007 View Post
I hooked up to the factory plug that's disconnected with the EGR. It's "pyro 1" in the Mini Maxx menu options. I'm not sure how it works with your tuner.
Ok. Thanks man. Ill take a look at mine to see if ive got that option on mine.

Old 03-21-2017, 04:18 PM
jethrodean
Senior User
Another question. My turbo boost gauge reads a negative 2.00 at idle. How the heck does it make negative boost. Noticed it pushes air out the air box more often now.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:01 PM
BOHAWG175
Senior User
BOHAWG175 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
If the Turbo is not forcing air into the engine the engine is sucking air which causes a vaccuum. A negative reading on a boost gauge is basically telling you how much vaccuum your engine is pulling. Mine does it as well.

Old 03-24-2017, 12:48 AM
jethrodean
Senior User
Originally Posted by BOHAWG175 View Post
If the Turbo is not forcing air into the engine the engine is sucking air which causes a vaccuum. A negative reading on a boost gauge is basically telling you how much vaccuum your engine is pulling. Mine does it as well.
Ok. Thanks man.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: max egt's?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: