2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

07 Expy Driver's Blend Door Actuator

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 11:49 AM
rexpedition99
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 Expy Driver's Blend Door Actuator

No heat on the drivers side (dual zone AC), I can hear the actuator engage, and one or two very faint clicks, but I am pretty sure that my actuator needs to be changed. I know there are several actuators on this model, can someone verify the part number for the driver's side actuator? I don't have my shop manual yet, and I noticed a few people ordered the wrong one on Amazon.

Old 03-06-2017, 04:53 PM
rexpedition99
Mountain Pass
For anyone else searching for this, apparently this is the correct part, and it should work for manual, temp controls and both sides of the Dual Automatic Temp controls. I cross-referenced it on Rock Auto.

Dorman 604-275 Air Door Actuator
Amazon Amazon

Old 03-13-2017, 11:26 AM
rexpedition99
Mountain Pass
I swapped this out over the weekend. Alldata says this is a 5.9 hour job because the actuator is buried below the radio in front of the center console and you are supposed to remove the dash. Prices I saw were around $700 for this job at the stealership.

There is a video though of how to do it a little differently on an F150.

For my 2007 Expy, it was pretty similar although the wiring was a little different. Doing it by myself took me about 3 hours. Unlike the video however, I was not able to it out through the passenger's side above the floor duct. Instead I had to slide it out the front where the center console would normally be. It took some fighting to get the old one out and the new one back in, but I am proud to say that I did not have to cut any of the floor duct.

Once I got the actuator out I was surprised to see that there were no teeth broken off. With it still plugged in I tried increasing/decreasing the temp to see if the motor turned and it did not. For a brief moment I panicked thinking maybe I missed a fuse or connection and that I had done all of this for nothing. Plugged in the replacement actuator though, and it moved right away, so it wasn't a fuse - the old actuator had just stopped working altogether.

If anyone has this issue and needs more details on how to do this, just ask. The symptoms are no temp control on the driver's side (dual ATC) - you could have just cold air, just heat, or somewhere in the middle depending on where the door is when the actuator stops working. Or if you have broken teeth you will probably hear a lot of clicking when trying to adjust the temp up and down.

Old 03-13-2017, 11:52 AM
alloro
Received 4,196 Likes on 2,432 Posts
Great job and whoever has to do this after you will I'm sure be grateful for the information. Rep points for you!

Old 11-29-2019, 07:18 PM
sls2011
New User
Console removal

Originally Posted by rexpedition99
I swapped this out over the weekend. Alldata says this is a 5.9 hour job because the actuator is buried below the radio in front of the center console and you are supposed to remove the dash. Prices I saw were around $700 for this job at the stealership.

There is a video though of how to do it a little differently on an F150.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5xvlbiaxF4

For my 2007 Expy, it was pretty similar although the wiring was a little different. Doing it by myself took me about 3 hours. Unlike the video however, I was not able to it out through the passenger's side above the floor duct. Instead I had to slide it out the front where the center console would normally be. It took some fighting to get the old one out and the new one back in, but I am proud to say that I did not have to cut any of the floor duct.

Once I got the actuator out I was surprised to see that there were no teeth broken off. With it still plugged in I tried increasing/decreasing the temp to see if the motor turned and it did not. For a brief moment I panicked thinking maybe I missed a fuse or connection and that I had done all of this for nothing. Plugged in the replacement actuator though, and it moved right away, so it wasn't a fuse - the old actuator had just stopped working altogether.

If anyone has this issue and needs more details on how to do this, just ask. The symptoms are no temp control on the driver's side (dual ATC) - you could have just cold air, just heat, or somewhere in the middle depending on where the door is when the actuator stops working. Or if you have broken teeth you will probably hear a lot of clicking when trying to adjust the temp up and down.
Did you have to remove your center console?