Sponsored by:

Norwegian build

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 09:20 AM
Sondre Næss
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Norwegian build

So, my Excursion got a sticking R front caliper, as I don't trust the cheapness of these cars, I want to do something to make it better then it is, among other things, bigger brakes.

​​​Sometimes I feel like I just want to fling it over the atlantic and back to where it came from, but then again this has it own personality, and I want to keep it, there's not many of these around here, and most of them are getting crushed by the coming years, as people don't want to pay allot of money in a car that basically has no future, (Diesel will probably be illegal in the largest cities here soon)

​​​​​There are 3 main focuses of the build here.
1. Improve handling (sway bars, poly bushings, PMF 08 spring hanger, dual steering damper, track bar, floating traction block, low lift to make suspension better, anyone got any recommendations to lift kit? I am strongly considering the full traction coilovers kit, but it hate the tall lift, want lowest lift to clear 35s.
2. BetterMPG (Intake, exhaust, SCT, upgraded turbo, snow performance water/methanol injection, (any other suggestions?)
3. 2011 front end, door panels, center console and dash.

Problems:
-Remote key does not work
-Interior light don't go off after parking, have to wait half an hour, does go off when driving over a certain speed.
-Engine Temp gauge not working
​​​​​​ (are all these indications of a bad cluster?)
​​​​​

I can already see the kroners flying, but it's either this, or a new SUV, but I don't want a new one, as im going to go allot of off road when building my house.

What do you guys think? It hard for me to make any decisions on what to do and choose, as these are nieche cars here, anything would help.
I've read that some people have used 08 SD parts on their Ex to make them much better, I want to do the same If I can save money. So if anyone got a car they are chopping and want to sell to Norway, I would be interested. In both suspension parts and Interior parts.

Feel free to ask questions and give opinions Have anyone done what I want to do? How did it differ from stock?

​​​​​​
​​​​​

Old 02-24-2017, 09:29 AM
BroncoRN
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Diesel illegal? Perhaps pose the question: what are the cargo ships running on, hopes and dreams?

I put EBC pads on my truck and it made a big difference stopping.

Old 02-24-2017, 09:30 AM
Sondre Næss
Freshman User
Originally Posted by BroncoRN
Diesel illegal? Perhaps pose the question: what are the cargo ships running on, hopes and dreams?

I put EBC pads on my truck and it made a big difference stopping.
Yeah I know, it kinda crazy. During winter time the ship's are not allowed to dock if the pollution is too high. Probably see cargo ships with sails soon :P

Old 02-25-2017, 04:07 AM
ford_model'a'
Mountain Pass
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
"-Interior light don't go off after parking, have to wait half an hour, does go off when driving over a certain speed."

This may be caused by one of the doors or the rear hatch latch switches. try to narrow it down by checking each one at a time. My rear hatch caused this problem with mine after a body shop visit. I readjusted the fit (adjusted the latches) and that problem was solved.

Old 02-25-2017, 05:57 AM
Sondre Næss
Freshman User
Originally Posted by ford_model'a'
"-Interior light don't go off after parking, have to wait half an hour, does go off when driving over a certain speed."

This may be caused by one of the doors or the rear hatch latch switches. try to narrow it down by checking each one at a time. My rear hatch caused this problem with mine after a body shop visit. I readjusted the fit (adjusted the latches) and that problem was solved.
I've tried cleaning the rear latch and stuff, but didn't help much, but i noticed that the rear passanger side door, does no lock with the other locks, so maybe i found the reason for the interior lights. Still need to repair my cluster though, anyone know someone i can send it to? The east coast would be best, as packages shipped from Norway are flown to NY.

Please PM me if you got 11+ interior parts, i am very intersted in doing the conversion, after i found that its basicly dash, door panels, and center console that makes the biggest difference in looks. I am planning to redo the interior in another country, to give it a less plastic america burger feel, to give it Euro feel, if that makes any sense

I found my lift kit though, Kelderman 2 way front and rear, i understand its designed to work more or less with the stock leafs, and give you the comfort of air, that sounds like heaven to me, compared to a 3-4" lift. I've added a track bar to the mix, and dual steering dampers, and sway bars front and rear, i think the PMF traction bar will block the air bags, so i hope i can use a different method.

Anyone got experience with Kelderman 2 stage air bags on a stock truck? They look very interesting, i'm all in when it comes to comfort