1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Whitey Gets E-Fuel

Old 02-09-2017, 08:24 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Whitey Gets E-Fuel

I know we have seen it 1000 times, but I started installing my DieselSite E-Fuel Kit yesterday. I got all the head fittings done and the valley really cleaned out.

I also removed the HPOP (again) because it was leaking and needed to be done right. Adam did a great job, but we didn't have new O-Rings or a new gasket and it started leaking halfway back home after the install. We basically got me back on the road to get home, which was epic. So the hose fittings got new O-Rings and the proper Loctite thread sealant/locker, so hopefully no more leaks.

I'll have some photos up later this morning. I should have taken some "before" shots of the valley. I have never seen one so bad. I am also anxious to hear and feel it run after E-Fuel. It was nice that leaky azz fuel bowl out for the last time as well as the ridiculous fuel pump. Stay tuned!

Old 02-09-2017, 08:41 AM
fordpride
Post Fiend
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Now what good is this without truck **** ? Lol

Old 02-09-2017, 08:58 AM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
No pictures, its not happening! lol

Old 02-09-2017, 09:15 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by fordpride
Now what good is this without truck **** ? Lol
Originally Posted by oldbird1965
No pictures, its not happening! lol
I know right?!! Ill have some in just a few. I figured ya'll would be bored with this mod by now...LOL

Old 02-09-2017, 09:41 AM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
I never get bored with the removal of that POS fuel bowl! LOL

Old 02-09-2017, 10:40 AM
coreyallan01
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I dont get bored ether, mostly because I keep waiting for the efuel thread that'll inspire me to do mine... Hasnt hapened yet lol...
All joking aside tho, Byron I was reading some thread the other day (cant remember where on here tho) where someone mentioned seeing someone elses clean efuel swap.. Was that you in a different thread??

Old 02-09-2017, 12:21 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by oldbird1965
I never get bored with the removal of that POS fuel bowl! LOL
You and me both Glenn!! My favorite part is ripping that thing out!

Originally Posted by coreyallan01
I dont get bored ether, mostly because I keep waiting for the efuel thread that'll inspire me to do mine... Hasnt hapened yet lol...
All joking aside tho, Byron I was reading some thread the other day (cant remember where on here tho) where someone mentioned seeing someone elses clean efuel swap.. Was that you in a different thread??
May have been me talking about Jarrett's? Here is a photo of a clean valley. It had an inch of sand and crud and plastic parts in there.

Name:  photo118.jpg
Views: 878
Size:  1.86 MB

Old 02-09-2017, 12:26 PM
coreyallan01
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
What a nightmare of a clusta-F efuel removes from the otherwise presentable valley, lol...

Old 02-09-2017, 01:37 PM
coreylasalle
Elder User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A clean open valley is nice. But i also lack the inspiration to put together a e fuel setup and delete the bowl. rather spend money elsewhere. I am going to cheat and run a SD reservoir and fuel bowl. E-fuel on the cheap! its a little cleaner with out the pump in the valley and all the little 2" blue hoses.

Old 02-09-2017, 01:48 PM
z31freakify
Hotshot
Received 1,180 Likes on 811 Posts
Yup, to bad most of the Viton O rings I had weren't the correct thickness, me and Byron worked with what we had, I'm just glad it got him home.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:13 PM
Bubba Jones
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah I'm excited that my valley is now pretty empty. However, several fittings from my bar-none kit are leaking so I'm going to have to replace them or just make my own hose entirely.

The pushlock hose isn't leaking, but the compression fitting to pushlock adapter is...

Plus, I wiggled my rear fuel line too much during install and destroyed the viton sleeve on the end of the fuel bowl.

I can see your valley is now clean, but it looks like you better get scrubbing behind the turbo pedestal! It's still got all the black gunk all over it! Okay I suppose it's alright to leave it there since you'll never see it.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:47 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by z31freakify
Yup, to bad most of the Viton O rings I had weren't the correct thickness, me and Byron worked with what we had, I'm just glad it got him home.
I'm glad too. We did the best we could on a Sunday with what we had. I'm thankful it got me home. That's all that matters to me.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:50 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Bubba Jones
Yeah I'm excited that my valley is now pretty empty. However, several fittings from my bar-none kit are leaking so I'm going to have to replace them or just make my own hose entirely.

The pushlock hose isn't leaking, but the compression fitting to pushlock adapter is...

Plus, I wiggled my rear fuel line too much during install and destroyed the viton sleeve on the end of the fuel bowl.

I can see your valley is now clean, but it looks like you better get scrubbing behind the turbo pedestal! It's still got all the black gunk all over it! Okay I suppose it's alright to leave it there since you'll never see it.
Yeah man, that pedestal is a mess, but it's coming out next month for a deleted replacement. I scrubbed it a little, but nothing crazy. That sucks about those lines. Those shouldn't be leaking.

Everything I didn't except the wiring. I'll do that first thing in the morning and then pray pray pray it fires up with minimal issues or leaks. My body hurts. LOL wwaahhhhh

Here's a photo with the topside done.

Name:  photo948.jpg
Views: 860
Size:  1.98 MB

Old 02-09-2017, 08:57 PM
Bubba Jones
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BBslider001
Yeah man, that pedestal is a mess, but it's coming out next month for a deleted replacement. I scrubbed it a little, but nothing crazy. That sucks about those lines. Those shouldn't be leaking.

Everything I didn't except the wiring. I'll do that first thing in the morning and then pray pray pray it fires up with minimal issues or leaks. My body hurts. LOL wwaahhhhh

Here's a photo with the topside done.

Attachment 173720
Haha yeah I was just giving you some crap. I want to do a delete replacement as well but I'll be waiting on that a while.

For the wiring, the Bar-none kit I had made it extremely simple which was nice. The compression fittings/other fittings provided don't make me too happy though.

Are you going to wire yours up to an oil pressure switch, or just keep it on with the key on?

My kit just has a ground for the pump, then the positive wire goes to a relay. The relay turns on if the truck is cranking, or the oil pressure (through a pressure switch) is reading about 5psi)

After installing mine (and making sure the filters were filled with diesel), it started up immediately. I think as long as you made sure to get the supply and return lines correct, you should be fine!

I'm sad I won't be driving my truck for a while now after my install though... I noticed my nice Eddie Bauer seats that I had redone got a massive tear in the seam on the back, on top of a rip on the left from where my holster would push into the seat. So I'll be taking that seat in tomorrow to get it redone which will probably not be until midway next week!

Old 02-09-2017, 09:06 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Bubba Jones
Haha yeah I was just giving you some crap. I want to do a delete replacement as well but I'll be waiting on that a while.

For the wiring, the Bar-none kit I had made it extremely simple which was nice. The compression fittings/other fittings provided don't make me too happy though.

Are you going to wire yours up to an oil pressure switch, or just keep it on with the key on?

My kit just has a ground for the pump, then the positive wire goes to a relay. The relay turns on if the truck is cranking, or the oil pressure (through a pressure switch) is reading about 5psi)

After installing mine (and making sure the filters were filled with diesel), it started up immediately. I think as long as you made sure to get the supply and return lines correct, you should be fine!

I'm sad I won't be driving my truck for a while now after my install though... I noticed my nice Eddie Bauer seats that I had redone got a massive tear in the seam on the back, on top of a rip on the left from where my holster would push into the seat. So I'll be taking that seat in tomorrow to get it redone which will probably not be until midway next week!
That's a bummer about the seat! Dangit...

As far as the wiring goes, it is pretty much set up like yours except it has two hots which I am not sure about until I get into it. The wiring looks pretty simple. I know one goes to the solenoid on the passenger fender. I have the oil switch shutoff setup, an inertia switch, and a hot to the dist. box.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Whitey Gets E-Fuel