Bronco to Have a Solid Front Axle? - Page 5 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 2020 Bronco
Reload this Page >

Bronco to Have a Solid Front Axle?

Notices
2020 Bronco Discussion for the upcoming 2020 Ford Bronco!

Bronco to Have a Solid Front Axle?

Old 02-22-2017, 06:51 PM
My4Fordtrucks
Posting Guru
My4Fordtrucks is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.My4Fordtrucks is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I am not familiar with the Everest platform. The Rodeo was much smaller than the full sized Bronco from the years you mentioned. I would hope it would be sized to compete against the JK Wranger although I would like it to be a little smaller and more like the first gen Bronco.

Old 02-22-2017, 07:07 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster
rollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by My4Fordtrucks View Post
I am not familiar with the Everest platform. The Rodeo was much smaller than the full sized Bronco from the years you mentioned. I would hope it would be sized to compete against the JK Wranger although I would like it to be a little smaller and more like the first gen Bronco.
Here there are some posts on the Everest.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...it-true-3.html

Old 02-28-2017, 12:52 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
If it's like the mid 90s Explorer (a truck very close to my heart) I'd love to have one, doesn't have to have a SFA but it would be a plus.

Old 06-28-2018, 08:48 AM
black & blue 78/9
Senior User
black & blue 78/9 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by YoGeorge View Post
Jeep Wranglers sell because they have the Jeep reputation and look and people want to "wear" them, not use them. Well-to-do families in my area buy or lease them for high school girls. There is no way that a new Bronco coming fresh out of the gate is gonna have that Jeep magic, just like no copy of a Fender Stratocaster or Telecaster will ever BE a Fender Strat or Tele, and no copy of a Gibson Les Paul will ever bee a Les Paul, speaking in guitar terms. Brand name and style matter. Think of Harley Davidson....

The new Jeep Cherokee is selling in really large numbers--MORE than the Wrangler--and it's based on a Fiat car chassis with a transverse engine... The new Escape and Explorer are selling in really large numbers because people want SUV's, not Fusions.

For the real rock crawlers, there will be more than enough used off-lease Jeep Wranglers formerly driven by high school girls to serve your market.

The Ranger will be based on the world Ranger, and the Bronco will be based on the Ranger, and neither of these have a solid front axle. I have nothing to do with the design of Ford vehicles but might be interested in a new Bronco if it a good street vehicle but has some real ground clearance and toughness. I'd consider buying a 4Runner if it wasn't a Toyota. Here's a realistic article:

Baloney: Ford Bronco, Ranger Getting Solid Front Axle truck News @ Top Speed
If you are going to buy a truck (bronco), then EXPECT it ride stiffer, harsher and handle slower. I'm tired of people wanting a TRUCK to ride like a car or minivan. Stop being a sissy, get rid of your ovaries, and drive a truck for what a truck is. If it does not fit the small nitch of what you want, then don't buy it or give input. But many of us want it to be a truck and do not mind having to do a little more maintenance like packing bearings and other things. It is not that hard.
Ford should build a competitor to the wrangler. Yes it will be a very hard market to take market share away from _eep, but there is more to this than taking market share from _eep. Ford should be looking at not losing Ford loyal people to _eep because it wants to bring the Bronco back and not bring back what the Bronco was or could be.

Old 06-28-2018, 09:29 AM
JKBrad
Postmaster
JKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to behold
We'll all learn what it will be like in due time. Nothing we type here will be of any influence (if it ever was) anymore. The design is set and the assembly line, subcontractors and parts suppliers are tooling up. Lets hope that it is nothing like the new Blazer.

Old 06-28-2018, 10:40 AM
YoGeorge
Postmaster
YoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud of
It's gonna be what it's gonna be. The Blazer is a unibody competitor to the Edge and the Bronco is going to be a body/frame truck based on the Ranger, not an Edge with a different body style.

No new truck buyer is gonna want to pack wheel bearings or adjust carburetors....if you want to do that, buy an antique 4WD truck. As for ride comfort, a compliant long-travel suspension is what works best off-road and can give a decent on-road ride which is where at least 95% of all miles on all Broncos are going to happen....just like Raptors which are driven on city streets instead of racing in the desert.

Old 06-28-2018, 03:49 PM
My4Fordtrucks
Posting Guru
My4Fordtrucks is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.My4Fordtrucks is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by YoGeorge View Post
....or adjust carburetors.....

and from out of left field....

Old 06-28-2018, 04:13 PM
YoGeorge
Postmaster
YoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by My4Fordtrucks View Post

and from out of left field....

I used to do that during the years I packed my own wheel bearings.... It is on the same level of desirability and relevance for 99.99% of car/truck buyers... I thought the "packing wheel bearings" was out of left field (for someone buying a new $40k truck) myself, for those of you who don't get jokes. And if I have to explain it, it's not a good joke...guess I'm playing to the wrong crowd here. FYI Ford is NOT going to resurrect the 1966 Bronco, and NASCAR is not going to be racing cars based on factory "bodies in white" in their races next year.

Old 06-29-2018, 08:42 AM
Tom
Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by black & blue 78/9 View Post
Stop being a sissy, get rid of your ovaries, and drive a truck for what a truck is.
We don't yet have a forum mod for the Bronco forum, but this is way over the line. Take this kind of talk elsewhere, it's not welcome on FTE.

If it does not fit the small nitch of what you want, then don't buy it or give input. But many of us want it to be a truck and do not mind having to do a little more maintenance like packing bearings and other things. It is not that hard.
Ford should build a competitor to the wrangler. Yes it will be a very hard market to take market share away from _eep, but there is more to this than taking market share from _eep. Ford should be looking at not losing Ford loyal people to _eep because it wants to bring the Bronco back and not bring back what the Bronco was or could be.
That's a very narrow-minded way of looking at it. Absolutely everyone is welcome to give input here on FTE, regardless of whether or not it fits their niche or your idea of what it should be. Seriously, we're not that kind of forum. If you don't like open participation in conversations, there are lots of other forums out there. You can also spell out "Jeep", by the way, no rule against openly discussing competition.

Old 06-30-2018, 05:45 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
Well boys, it wasn't all that long ago when I stilled owned an '86 and then an '88 F-150 where the carb had to be adjusted, ball joints and U joints needed packing every oil change and wheel bearings were packed every 30K miles along with plug and wire changes and a full tune up.

My 2011 truck which now seems kind of old to me is a pure joy to own. I pop the hood once a week to find the oil level still in the same place! I haven't done a damned ting tot his truck WRT under chassis lubes or ridiculous maintenance. Those days are Ovah and thank God for it.

If you wanna wrench then that's great. Go buy and oldie and resurrect it. You'll be the envy of the neighborhood till you spend your nights and weekends under it.

Old 07-04-2018, 11:02 AM
supeRobertduty
Elder User
supeRobertduty is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Bronco needs solid axles to be considered a true off roader or any competition to the wrangler.
The market as we know is full of poser off-road IFS SUVs and crossovers like the new Blazer , Lexus , bmw etc.....
Ford needs to do something different like the original Bronco was different and an SUV with IFS is nothing different.
If some people don’t want to buy the bronco because of the poor ride, Great there’s a market full of options for you. But if you want a solid axle you either have a wrangler or nothing and that needs to change

Old 07-04-2018, 11:46 AM
Fert
Senior User
Fert is starting off with a positive reputation.
personally my next new vehicle will either be a Bronco or a jeep. so I hope they get it right when they come out with the Bronco. I have waited long enough..........

Fert

Old 07-20-2018, 06:28 PM
theboom
Senior User
theboom is starting off with a positive reputation.
There is a reason the wrangler sales are going up and up, and that is because it is the ONLY vehicle that's not a 3/4 or 1 ton truck with a solid front axle, the only vehicle you can take the doors off, and the only vehicle that the top can come completely off. If the bronco has ifs and non removable doors and roof, it will fail miserably to the jeep.

Old 07-24-2018, 05:11 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
There's an entertaining little article in the Aug. 2018 edition of C&D where the writer is flaming the Toyota FJ and basically anyone who wants to buy a Bronco and make it into what it's not. It was good for a chuckle and resonates well with this thread.

Old 07-25-2018, 12:30 PM
FastTaurusSHO
Senior User
FastTaurusSHO is starting off with a positive reputation.
I believe two four-door wanglers are sold for every 1 two-door. If Ford brings the Bronco out as a 2 door, not enough people will buy it, and it will be considered a sales failure. Unfortunately for enthusiasts, most SUV buyers don't look at the front axle as a consideration for purchase. I pass countless wranglers on my commute each day, and can't help but wonder if any of them have ever seen conditions rougher than a mall parking lot.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bronco to Have a Solid Front Axle?

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: