Received 71 Likes on 55 Posts
Two possible problems most likely:

1) Some advertiser's site has been hacked

2) And/or your device has a virus/malware

Old 01-17-2017, 11:31 AM
FoxFord33
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sometimes mobile devices will receive these ads at random sites. It could be any website that allows ads. If you pay for the ad-free membership here, you should not get those ads, or any others.

Old 01-17-2017, 01:20 PM
ctubutis
Originally Posted by FoxFord33
Sometimes mobile devices will receive these ads at random sites. Something has been infected to send you to places like that, that "/lp" in the URI is a compromise. It could be any website that allows ads.
Usually, these kinds of compromises have affected some advertiser's site, and malware installed there (and sometimes distributed from there). This /lp thing is one such compromised site.

Originally Posted by FoxFord33
If you pay for the ad-free membership here, you should not get those ads, or any others.
Be careful here... the way information is shared, lots of sites can tickle a problem.

Old 01-18-2017, 10:05 AM
FoxFord33
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too true! I wish it wasn't so.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:22 AM
onug
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So is there nothing the Forum mods can do about this? I've had it hijack two of my browsers already this morning. I can handle the ads, but this isn't normal

Old 01-27-2017, 02:26 PM
T diesel
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
AGAIN. This is the ONLY site I have had a problem with.
THE only site.
Same exact "Lucky Visitor" BS.
It's not our phones.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:17 PM
ctubutis
Originally Posted by onug
So is there nothing the Forum mods can do about this? I've had it hijack two of my browsers already this morning. I can handle the ads, but this isn't normal
That is exactly correct... both points, actually... it isn't normal, and it doesn't originate from here.

The guys (EDIT: people, there are good females who work in the high-tech industry, too) who run this infrastructure are limited only to what their hardware + network configurations can provide, it takes a long time to become knowledgeable of and deal with an advertising network that has been compromised.

Originally Posted by T diesel
AGAIN. This is the ONLY site I have had a problem with.
THE only site.
Same exact "Lucky Visitor" BS.
It's not our phones.
I'm sorry but that just isn't true.

With the volume of servers out there comprising today's advertising networks combined with all the information-sharing technologies used today, it's entirely understandable how these things happen, how a bug or malware gets tickled. Deal with it.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:52 PM
T diesel
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ctubutis
That is exactly correct... both points, actually... it isn't normal, and it doesn't originate from here.

The guys who run this infrastructure are limited only to what their hardware + network configurations can provide, it takes a long time to become knowledgeable of and deal with an advertising network that has been compromised.

I'm sorry but that just isn't true.

With the volume of servers out there comprising today's advertising networks combined with all the information-sharing technologies used today, it's entirely understandable how these things happen, how a bug or malware gets tickled. Deal with it.
I'm sorry you feel like you have to defend this issue by insinuating that I am lying, then acting like a child. I visit a multitude of sites, again this is the only site where this occurs. It's not my responsibility to deal with this problem it's your responsibility to find out why it happens and then address it by fixing it.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:04 PM
ctubutis
I'm sorry you feel like you have to defend this issue by insinuating that I am lying, then acting like a child. I visit a multitude of sites, again this is the only site where this occurs. It's not my responsibility to deal with this problem it's your responsibility to find out why it happens and then address it by fixing it.
Ha!!!!

No, I'm sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:13 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
AGAIN. This is the ONLY site I have had a problem with. THE only site. Same exact "Lucky Visitor" BS. It's not our phones.
I have an older 4S iPhone, with original software. Many websites do this kind of thing now, it either redirects to a website or launches iTunes app and wants you to download their product. It's more or less a virus, but they get advertising dollars from them. I can't say what they should do to people who set things up that way without being banned. I certainly wouldn't buy anything from someone who hijacks my computer.

Some websites are more or less completely unusable because of this kind of thing. Other websites will sometimes have popups that obscure the whole page with no way to close out. They need to DIAF, too.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:11 AM
johndeerefarmer
Cargo Master
Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts
I have been complaining about this issue for probably five months. It is not my phone as has been said NO other sites do it. We have posted multiple screen shots for IB Tim to look at but still the issue exists.

Old 01-30-2017, 04:42 PM
Misky6.0
Lead Driver
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I am a "supporter, no adds" and I get that browser hijack more often on Facebook, where I believe it started, but I also get it on FTE. As others have said, it is more likely your mobile device has the malware.
I've been using some CM Security and CM Master to cleanup malware on my android device and it has significantly reduced those hijacks.
Clean your browser history and cookies, then reboot.

Old 01-30-2017, 04:49 PM
johndeerefarmer
Cargo Master
Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Misky6.0
I am a "supporter, no adds" and I get that browser hijack more often on Facebook, where I believe it started, but I also get it on FTE. As others have said, it is more likely your mobile device has the malware.
I've been using some CM Security and CM Master to cleanup malware on my android device and it has significantly reduced those hijacks.
Clean your browser history and cookies, then reboot.
i never get it on mobile Facebook and I am on there multiple times per day. I get on FTE via my cell once or twice a week and get the popups most of the time. IT'S FTE!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Possible FTE hacked?