General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

the dumbest way youve hurt yourself??

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 05:17 PM
BuiltToughF250
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok, before i post what i just did to myself id like to here a few of your stories of self inflicted injuries. im not so much embarrassed just more or less too ticked off and need to here some stories of other peoples misfortune

ill start this off though with another story- kid i know named Cody had his dog riding shotgun in his dodge ram... dog jumps out the window, Cody stops the truck to get him, truck runs over Cody

apparently he didnt have the truck all the way in park, but he was ok when it was all over, walked away from it. when the cops get there was admitted to smoking a little pot earlier that day, but the cops figured he had enough problems and just let him go home without any tickets

Old 08-26-2003, 05:32 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I can actually write a book called : 101 ways to hurt myself.

I was considered by my parents as: an accident waiting to happen.

I could keep Rene Russo busy for hours comparing old wounds.

Old 08-26-2003, 05:43 PM
dono
Gone but not forgotten.
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

In the army, we kept a set of bar bells (212lbs) on the floor near the back door. The rule was that if you used the set, you put all the weights back on it. We came back one night from a round of the local bars and there was only one light on and it was dark. I felt my way to the barbells, took in a deep breath and attempted to ****** the bar over my head. Whoever had used the set last had left only 20lbs on the bar and I smashed the bar into my chin. I still have the scar.
Dono

Old 08-26-2003, 05:57 PM
fisher_of_man
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

....good one Dono...I'm only laughing so hard because I've seen something very similar!

Old 08-26-2003, 06:58 PM
mick460
Elder User

Shot my heel with a nail gun. When we built our home 16 years ago myself and one other guy did 99% of the carpentry work ourselves. Anyway I was nailing off a the OSB in a valley on the roof and the gun slide into my foot. I heard it fire but it did not sound normal. Well it sure was what I thought. Ended up driving myself to the hospital, 3 shots of morphine and they pulled it out with a hammer. No damage to the heal bone but I was on crutches for a week.

Old 08-26-2003, 07:01 PM
MuchToMyDelight
Posting Guru

Here are 7 pages of mechanic related follies.
http://www.fordtrucks.com/forums/sho...0&pagenumber=1

Old 08-26-2003, 07:05 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver

Lord, I wouldn't even know where to start. As Mil1ion said, an accident waiting to happen.....

Old 08-26-2003, 07:22 PM
theologian
Postmaster

I cannot remember any particular time..... I know I have done some pretty stupid things in my life, to my detriment and injury, but old age and self preservation prevent me from remembering them.

Theo

Old 08-26-2003, 08:05 PM
Colossus
Posting Guru

Thats for me to know and you not to find out...

Old 08-26-2003, 08:33 PM
Scooter29
Elder User

Hey guys! I need pity once a year, so I limit myself to just one injury a year. It seems as though I can't just have a simple accident though. It always includes a trip to the hospital!!! At my age, the scars do look pretty cool though! HEE HEE!

Old 08-26-2003, 08:34 PM
wolfmanagh
Posting Guru

One time many years ago when I was a little kid, I was going home from the store on my bike. I was taking a shortcut through the ditch, and I'm still not sure what happen. As I applied the brakes I ended up doing a dive over the handle bars. Head first into the ground.

In another simular instance I was following a friend on our bikes we were riding over a small pile of dirt near a curb. We were actully using the dirt pile to jump up onto the curb. I was in back, the freind had slowed down just a little so I slowed down. He made the jump and my front wheel went right into the curb, and I did a sumersalt over the handle bars. I didn't get hurt that time but that did bend the frame on the bike to the point where I couldn't ride it home. My uncle pressed it out later with a 5ton hydrolic ram.

Just last week I was in the shop. We were trying to break loose a fan clutch. (99psd) A co-worker was holding the pulling with pliers and I was beating on a prybar with a hammer. I missed the target and got my hand. I had a nice bruise after that one.

Old 08-26-2003, 08:43 PM
BuiltToughF250
Posting Guru

ok so now ill share my story of personal stupidity-

boots got wet at work today, took them off, had to cut a few last logs when i got home..... chain came off of the bar on my 24" husqevarna, and cut the he** out of my big toe... it could possibly use stitches, but super glue will work! the cut is about a, 1/8th inch deep, 1 inch long, bleed pretty bad, doesnt hurt too bad though. the bleeding is done, cut is pretty clean. now if that chain had just stayed on the bar, i wouldnt fel so dumb today

Old 08-26-2003, 09:27 PM
couleeman
Posting Guru

Does getting Married count?? Just kidding

I would say my dumbest is when I broke my ankle from kicking in the fender of my sisters car (I had sandals on) just because I was getting mad and losing paitience. Good thing the car was an old Piece of Junk.

Old 08-26-2003, 09:50 PM
mbnv992
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

A cop friend of mine got so mad one time, that he punched a wall. Well, he did alright, right into a 2X4. Broke his nuckles, and is in a cast . . . . . . .

Old 08-26-2003, 10:41 PM
Lectrocuted
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What do you expect from a cop?

Quick Reply: the dumbest way youve hurt yourself??