1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exact build date

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 08:51 PM
Cwsocks
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exact build date

Just wondering if I can find out the exact build date of my 2016 F250. Is it on the window sticker? I know the month and year is located on the door jamb sticker. Thanks

Old 12-08-2016, 09:26 PM
Mike189677
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
enter your vin here
Vehicle Lookup

Old 12-09-2016, 07:40 AM
Cwsocks
Junior User
Thanks for the link. The date on my door jamb says 9/15, however the actual build date was 2/11/15. I wonder if the door sticker is applied when a dealer orders the truck.

Old 12-09-2016, 07:56 AM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts
The door sticker is applied at the factory at the time of build. It is not added later. Are you sure you read the date correct on the door sticker?

The build date on ETIS is military style. It reads, day, month, year. Not the typical Month, Day, Year.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:18 AM
Chuck's First Ford
Postmaster
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Just Strokin
The door sticker is applied at the factory at the time of build. It is not added later. Are you sure you read the date correct on the door sticker?

The build date on ETIS is military style. It reads, day, month, year. Not the typical Month, Day, Year.

Correct... mine is 23/9/11. so 9-23-11.... for us common people. or not so common.. depends.

Old 12-09-2016, 11:50 AM
Cwsocks
Junior User
After looking again, my sticker says 10/15 on the truck itself. And Etis lists build date as 02.11.2015. Stll is not exact, but much closer. November 2, 2015 was the first Monday of the month so maybe it was a two day build. I hope the old saying isn't true about vehicles built on Mondays and Fridays. It has been great so far!

Old 12-09-2016, 02:00 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Cwsocks
Just wondering if I can find out the exact build date of my 2016 F250. Is it on the window sticker? I know the month and year is located on the door jamb sticker. Thanks
After looking again, my sticker says 10/15 on the truck itself. And Etis lists build date as 02.11.2015. Stll is not exact, but much closer. November 2, 2015 was the first Monday of the month so maybe it was a two day build. I hope the old saying isn't true about vehicles built on Mondays and Fridays. It has been great so far!
Hey Cwsocks,

I can look up the official build date of your 2016 F-250; to do so, just send me a private message with your VIN.

ETIS is a great site a lot of our Ford Family uses, but it is geared towards European vehicles and customers so it may not completely match what we have on our end.

Glad to see that you're enjoying it!

Rachel

Old 12-09-2016, 04:04 PM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
I AM NOT WORRIED ABOUT MY VIN SHOWING AS ANYONE CAN WALK UP TO YOUR TRUCK OR MINE AND COPY THE VIN OFF THE TAG ON DASH.

Your door sticker is correct as is the ETIS build date. There is a slight difference in the dates of yours but it can be explained. The door sticker is generated and printed when the truck is scheduled to start down the assembly line. This is how your truck is tracked as it is built. No VIN, no build. The build date is the date the truck rolls out the door as completed truck.

Appears your truck (if you look at a 2015 calendar) was schedule for the assembly line on October 15, 2015 - 10/15 and door sticker printed. For some reason it did not roll off the assembly line till November 2, 2015. There may have been a production problem on assembly line or a back log of dealer ordered vehicles or other reasons your was scheduled on Oct 15 for assembly line but wasn't completed til Nov 2. Also, Nov 2 is on a Monday so there would be no production over the weekend in most cases.

There is also another date on the window sticker. The date on the window sticker is associated with the date Ford entered the build info into the system so it could be scheduled to be built. You can use this date when viewing truck for possible purchase. It will give a clue as to how long it has been on a dealer lot, current dealer or transferred from ordering dealer.

My truck was put into the order system on or about May 1, 1014 per window sticker, scheduled for production and door sticker printed on May 14 per door sticker and completed on May 14 per ETIS report.

Confused yet....

Also one more critical date for your truck. The "In Service" date. That can be the date you purchased it or it was purchased by a previous owner. The warranty starts and runs from this date.

Hope this helps you

Door Sticker

ETIS build date

Window sticker

Old 12-09-2016, 04:12 PM
Rob89
More Turbo
Received 106 Likes on 62 Posts
I just looked my truck up on the ETIS site and there is a mistake. it says my truck does not have a electronic locking differential when indeed my truck does have a electronic locking differential...unless it was referring to the front differential...

Old 12-09-2016, 04:17 PM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Rob89
I just looked my truck up on the ETIS site and there is a mistake. it says my truck does not have a electronic locking differential when indeed my truck doesn't have a electronic locking differential...unless it was referring to the front differential...
I had a 2011 that had the Electronic Locker and it also showed as not included. Not sure why. The 2011 was a 4x2.

Old 12-09-2016, 05:03 PM
Chuck's First Ford
Postmaster
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Just Strokin
I had a 2011 that had the Electronic Locker and it also showed as not included. Not sure why. The 2011 was a 4x2.
same here. 2012 with e-locker. "site said NO" . like Ford service said. may not be correct ..

I also have power windows and locks.. no mention of it.

Old 02-25-2019, 02:31 PM
brxjenny
New User
Also Looking for Build Date

Originally Posted by FordService
Hey Cwsocks,

I can look up the official build date of your 2016 F-250; to do so, just send me a private message with your VIN.

ETIS is a great site a lot of our Ford Family uses, but it is geared towards European vehicles and customers so it may not completely match what we have on our end.

Rachel

If I provide you with my VIN, would you be able to give me the build date on my truck?

Old 02-25-2019, 05:27 PM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by brxjenny
If I provide you with my VIN, would you be able to give me the build date on my truck?
Ford Service does not visit the site or any of the 6.7 sites any more. A dealer ought to be able to tell you the build date is you ask them.

Old 03-27-2019, 11:36 AM
Roger O'Rielly
New User
I created an account on ETIS. Without account creation, it told me nothing. once I did that it let me see more information like the build date and the plant it’s being built at. So far it states 30.11.0002 which basically means the build hasn’t been assigned or started. I’m only 1 week into the order so far. Will ETIS update once the build date is assigned or only update after it’s built?

Old 09-26-2020, 09:06 AM
valeriescakes
New User
Originally Posted by FordService
Hey Cwsocks,

Rachel
i need the month of the build date and the sticker is way to faded to read it

Quick Reply: Exact build date