6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

FORScan and As-Built Data

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 02:18 PM
4df150
Elder User
Received 305 Likes on 82 Posts
I got the Veepack WiFi adaptor so I could use my iPad for the gauges. Installed Forscan for Windows on a 12 year old Dell laptop with Win XP sp3. I was able to change the info screen to add DPF % and add daytime running lights without any trouble. Have not tried anything else. I will be playing with it soon.

Old 12-19-2016, 03:02 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
I can change the parameters you did Bill. It is more of the custom ones that I have trouble with. As an example, I could enable dark car, change tires sizes, fuel tank size. Some modules I can download the As-Built data from and others I cannot.

One laptop has a best buy bluetooth external adapter on it and my other one it is built in. Both are win10 boxes. I might even have a Win7 hard drive laying around somewhere. I've got a MAC, but not a MAC laptop... and I also have Linux boxes too. I have a fairly heavy IT background. Mainly just wanting to know if someone got it working and what they did before I just try things.

There are auto parts stores around here, not sure any of them would let me borrow an adapter although that is a thought.

Meanwhile, my main concern at the moment is the operation of the manual snow removal device in my garage (shovel and broom) as the snow is really coming down now.

Old 12-19-2016, 03:04 PM
Trash Hauler
Mountain Pass
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
djousma and 4df150, thanks for the info.

I do run Windows (not 10 though) in VirtualBox but my current laptop doesn't have Bluetooth so I used and older machine with Bluetooth and dual boot XP and Sidux. Ended up having to use the wife's computer with dual boot Vista and LMDE.

Either way, it sounds like XP and Windows 10 do work to program IPC which leads me to something about the Dell wireless 350 Bluetooth card in my old Inspiron. Still not sure why I could write to some modules but not others.

Trying to offer Dakster some ideas before he buys a new OBD reader. I spent $80 buying a new one that I didn't need since my problem was computer related and not ELM.

But now it's time to head out and try to get the truck to regen and finish testing Mikes theory. Will report back in a couple hours.

Bob

Old 12-19-2016, 03:08 PM
Trash Hauler
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by Dakster

Meanwhile, my main concern at the moment is the operation of the manual snow removal device in my garage (shovel and broom) as the snow is really coming down now.
LOL, I had to break out the tractor to clear snow from the driveway. Now to get the kids to use the manual device on the porch...

Old 12-19-2016, 04:09 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
I can't keep up with it. It's coming down faster than my shovel will remove it. I don't have a large driveway (or even a large yard) so I can't justify even buying a snow blower. The first two winters we were up here the entire season was around 20"... That's from first snowfall in October to the last one in May.

My kids got out of it since they are in school. Didn't start snowing until 11am... I had to dig out so I can go get them. Really, I would let it be, but I hate the ice buildup from the car and truck going over it.

I'll try messing around with the bluetooth settings and see if I can find better drivers. Since I am not convinced it's my adapter just yet either. Time to also break out the Win7 drive. If you are can get it working in a virtual box that gives me hope I can get it working on a direct boot device.

Old 12-19-2016, 04:41 PM
Trash Hauler
Mountain Pass
Savage,

I still have access to Emergency Assistance / 911 auto dial with the Nav override. I can access through Settings --> Emergency Assist and via Phone --> settings --> Emergency Assistance.

I do not have access to Sirius Travel Link or Vehicle Health Report however.

All, still trying to get into regen. The one time I want to regen it won't. Fluctuates between 80 and 95 percent. The winter diesel plus #1 diesel mix I'm running does a good job of passive regeneration. Summer I'm lucky to get 50 miles between regens. Currently at 200 miles since last regen. Letting it idle for a bit then back out for more miles.

Bob

Old 12-19-2016, 05:40 PM
savage250
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for checking. What I've noticed is that the icon (on the home screen) for the 911 assist is missing when I first start the truck, but there is a space where it belongs. If I change screens and then go back to home it appears. When I first did the change there was no space or icon, and when I went to phone settings there was no Emergency Assistance button. Once I started the truck it seemed to come back.

Good luck with the OCR.

Old 12-19-2016, 06:08 PM
Trash Hauler
Mountain Pass
Mike, sending you an update

Bob

Old 12-19-2016, 06:23 PM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Trash Hauler
Savage,

I still have access to Emergency Assistance / 911 auto dial with the Nav override. I can access through Settings --> Emergency Assist and via Phone --> settings --> Emergency Assistance.

I do not have access to Sirius Travel Link or Vehicle Health Report however.

All, still trying to get into regen. The one time I want to regen it won't. Fluctuates between 80 and 95 percent. The winter diesel plus #1 diesel mix I'm running does a good job of passive regeneration. Summer I'm lucky to get 50 miles between regens. Currently at 200 miles since last regen. Letting it idle for a bit then back out for more miles.

Bob
Bob,

Sync is funky when you have something plugged into the OBDII port. The Ford add on long distance remote start that uses the OBDII port causes no problems. A WIFI or Bluetooth or in my case, the Edge CTS/CTS2 will prevent a Vehicle Health report from running.

If you remove the OBDII device prior to starting the engine, once warmed up, you can perform a VHR. Then you can plug OBDII device back into the port.

Old 12-19-2016, 06:46 PM
Trash Hauler
Mountain Pass
Larry,

With the Nav override, I lost the vehicle health report button on sync as well as the ability to launch the vhr via voice command. Anyone else with the Nav override experience this?

Bob

Old 12-19-2016, 07:05 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Once I figure my OBD write issue out, I suppose I could always undo the change to get the VHR back. Unfortunately, I need the VHR as my insurance company uses it to determine my mileage and gives me quite a discount to do it.

Old 12-19-2016, 09:14 PM
blkout50
Tuned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Trash Hauler
Mike, sending you an update

Bob
Bob, thank you for testing the settings for me!

Everyone,
The setting that Bob was testing for me turned out to be a swing and a miss at the OCR settings. The good news is now we know what the setting does. The setting turns off the 2x4 and 4x4 indicator light in the Productivity screen.

If you are curious about what all those letters and numbers mean, visit Keith's spreadsheet. We have uncovered what a lot of them do.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited by blkout50; 12-19-2016 at 09:25 PM. Reason: fix typo
Old 12-19-2016, 10:41 PM
ZooDad
Received 591 Likes on 344 Posts
Thanks to everyone.
We 're not done yet and have not given up on finding ocr.

Keith

Old 12-20-2016, 01:44 AM
Dakster
Lead Driver
I wonder if you give your results to Forscan folks, if they will incorporate them into the next release. Just like some of the other features are in plain english? I know I helped them out in 2014, when I got my 2015 they didn't have the latest computer revision and they released an update so I could use Forscan with it.

This is part of the learning and figuring things out and it's great that we are finding new "features" or at least figuring out the programming.

Old 12-20-2016, 07:13 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,198 Likes on 573 Posts
Dak, any successful coding should be reported to Forscan via email. And, it should be reported by multiple users so they know it's proven. That's what the F150 guys do to get things added as plain English in the next release...

Quick Reply: FORScan and As-Built Data