Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   FORScan and As-Built Data (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1464739-forscan-and-as-built-data.html)

Just Strokin 12-01-2016 10:02 PM

FORScan and As-Built Data

I ran across a Fusion site that has some interesting information regarding the As-Built data and associated parameters. Maybe over time, a similar data file as the second link from the Fusion site can be created for the Super Duty.

This is a good kick off for in creating this data file from the Hill Decent Control via the As-Built data file using Forscan.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...a-forscan.html

Here are the two Fusion links. Very informative reading.

HOW TO: FORScan - Modify Module As-Built Data (Detailed)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...=0&single=true

ZooDad 12-02-2016 08:51 AM

I tried to start a thread in the Super Duty area.
I will repost it here. In a bit. I have a spreadsheet started and am looking for As Built data donors.

Keith

Just Strokin 12-02-2016 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by ZooDad (Post 16762946)
I tried to start a thread in the Super Duty area.
I will repost it here. In a bit. I have a spreadsheet started and am looking for As Built data donors.

Keith

If you get donors, you also would additional items that are listed by the VIN such as what is shown on the ETIS website.

ZooDad 12-02-2016 11:31 AM

I originally posted this in the Super Duty area, bot some views but no input.
So Here it is here in the 6.7 Area

I have been watching the threads in the 2017 area and also on the F150Forum. F150, Mustang an Fusion folks have figured out a ton of stuff. Unfortunately some of the codes for modules do not cross over to our stuff. So with some help from contacts I have made I have started a spreadsheet to try and map out different options and codes for our trucks.

I have obtained permission to post up info from Livinitup (F150Forum).

Here is some background info. F150Forum - FORScan Thread

The 2017 guys are starting to make some progress.

I am hopeful we can pull some "As Built" codes to be able to enable and disable some otherwise unavailable features.

Here is my spreadsheet
Spreadsheet

If anyone wants to help, save your "As Built" data files and upload them HERE. Please create a folder with the last 6 of your VIN. From there I will make sheets with the differences in options. Please provide your Year, Model, Type, Options.

Thanks
ZooDad

Just Strokin 12-02-2016 03:58 PM

Your spread sheet is "locked" and needs permissions for viewing.

I upload the AB file and the ETIS pdf for my truck.

blkout50 12-02-2016 07:08 PM

Larry,
thanks for creating this thread. I have also been following the Fusion, 09~14 F150 and 15+ F150 groups. Lots of great info from those groups.

Keith,
I can donate "As Built" files and etis info from the trucks that I have owned:
2012 F250 XLT, sold
2013 F350 Lariat, sold
2016 F350 Platinum, current

I will check with my nephew and get his permission to donate his trucks "As Built" file and etis info:
2015 F350 XLT

Mike

blkout50 12-02-2016 07:19 PM

Keith, are you going to be the person to input info into the spreadsheet? How did you want to deal with found "As Built" module info when found? Post in this thread or into your spreadsheet (which I don't recommend)?

I have some "As Built" module changes to add now, just need to know where!

Thanks
Mike

ZooDad 12-02-2016 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Just Strokin (Post 16763934)
Your spread sheet is "locked" and needs permissions for viewing.

I upload the AB file and the ETIS pdf for my truck.

I Re-Did the link. The file is vew only.

Originally Posted by blkout50 (Post 16764326)
Keith, are you going to be the person to input info into the spreadsheet? How did you want to deal with found "As Built" module info when found? Post in this thread or into your spreadsheet (which I don't recommend)?

I have some "As Built" module changes to add now, just need to know where!

Thanks
Mike

Mike,
Yes I was planning on adding info into the sheets based on responses.

PM would be the best for module info found, then I will add it to the sheets.
Thank Mike.

Keith

blkout50 12-03-2016 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by ZooDad (Post 16764805)
I Re-Did the link. The file is vew only.

Mike,
Yes I was planning on adding info into the sheets based on responses.

PM would be the best for module info found, then I will add it to the sheets.
Thank Mike.

Keith

Keith,
just a thought, in addition to sending you new "AsBuilt" data via PM, we should also add to this thread to help drive interest with other members of this forum. The more individuals involved, the better chance of finding new "AsBuilt"data. Adding "AsBuilt" data to the thread seems to be the way the Fusion, 09~14 F150 and 15+ F150 seems to drive interest in their respective forums.

Thanks,
Mike

MPD56 12-03-2016 12:15 PM

Good Thread Guys.

Subscribe.

Dakster 12-03-2016 01:08 PM

I can donate my as built file for a 2015 Platinum, F350. With rapid supplemental heater and a host of other goodies. I don't think there were many things the dealer didn't check on the order sheet... Wish we could figure out a way to add a manual regen button to a higher than XLT trim or at least the "regen now" option on the display like some earlier model year super duties get with that extra DPF gauge turned on.

blkout50 12-03-2016 04:07 PM

Hill Descent Control and Trailer Brake Controller.

This is for adding Hill Descent Control to your 4x4 that normally comes with the Fx4. You will need the combo Hill Descent/Traction control switch (part# BC3Z-13D730-AA, about $33 from tascaparts.com) and make the changes needed to the ABS "As Built" module via FORScan to enable.

Note: Trailer Brake Controller (TBC) is enabled/disabled here also.
TBC Module part# FC3Z-2C006-B, about $105 from tascaparts.com

ABS "As Built" Module:
Hill Descent Control (HDC), Trailer Brake Controller (TBC)
760-01-01 AC3C 3600 19A0, HDC disabled, TBC disable.
760-01-01 AC3C 3600 29B0, HDC disabled, TBC enable.
760-01-01 AC3C 3600 39C0, HDC enabled, TBC enable.

disclaimer:
Make changes at your own risk. Always make a back up of your "As Built" data just in case you need to revert to factory settings.

ZooDad 12-03-2016 04:21 PM

Thanks. I will add it to the sheet

blkout50 12-03-2016 04:54 PM

Here is some settings for Daytime Running Lights (DRL). The second set of 4 characters vary among some trucks as well as the check sum characters, but all that is needed is to change second digit in the first group to get the results desired.

BCM "AsBuilt" module:
726-11-01 x0xx xxxx xx DRL disable
726-11-01 x1xx xxxx xx DRL enable, Low Beams
726-11-01 x2xx xxxx xx DRL enable, Fog Lights
726-11-01 x3xx xxxx xx DRL enable, Turn Signals

Mike

disclaimer:
Make changes at your own risk. Always make a back up of your "As Built" data just in case you need to revert to factory settings.

blkout50 12-04-2016 08:59 AM

Here is a great tool for comparing "As Built" (*.ab) and FORScan (*.abt) data files. You can compare up to 4 files at a time.

CompulsiveCode - AFPexplorer