2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2017 Order

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 05:31 PM
mwillmont
5th Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 Order

I have had a 7.3 6.0 6.4 & 6.7 and have just ordered a 2017 6.7 KR. I did not order the ultimate package because I do not use a sunroof, do not want retractable steps and don't care about LED lights{mainly because cost of replacement}. The main option I ordered was towing technology package. Now the wait begins

Old 11-16-2016, 05:53 PM
coolidge54
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LED's will likely outlast the life of the vehicle, they last a very long time indeed. Compared to halogen, there is no comparison they are like the sun vs a 2 watt bulb. It gets dark and difficult to see here in the Pacific NW, rains a lot, and our deer have a death wish they routinely jump out in the middle of the highway. I bet I have seen 15 dead deer on the 4 mile stretch of highway into my town in the last 4 years.

As for cost of replacement, there is a rider policy you can buy with the Ford extended warranty to cover the LED's if you are really concerned. Its only $125, I opted for it since I plan to keep this truck at least 8 years, maybe longer.

Agree on the sunroof, useless to me but I was forced to buy it on the Lariat.

I have the power running boards, they are awesome. I admit I thought they might be cheap and too flexible, they are rock solid. They also extend out from the cab farther vs fixed running boards, they lower further down towards the ground which was important to me as I'm not that tall and the F350 is way up off the ground. Finally they are wider, I can step up on the board, then turn around on the board and sit down. My right hip is pretty destroyed, I'll have surgery to replace it soon so being able to get in/out of the vehicle was an issue for me.

Mine came with the $1,555 towing package. I had really only wanted the $710 towing camera option. I didn't really want the adaptive steering option, but seeing how stiff the steering is I'm kind of glad I got it. The lane departure nonsense I have no use for. But this truck was optioned damn near perfect so I ended up getting a couple things I didn't need vs waiting 8-12 weeks for one to be built.

Old 11-16-2016, 06:02 PM
mwillmont
5th Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree LED lights are better. However I have smashed 2 tail lights on my last truck. I do not think that will be covered.

Old 11-16-2016, 06:05 PM
PwerStroke99
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by coolidge54
LED's will likely outlast the life of the vehicle, they last a very long time indeed. Compared to halogen, there is no comparison they are like the sun vs a 2 watt bulb. It gets dark and difficult to see here in the Pacific NW, rains a lot, and our deer have a death wish they routinely jump out in the middle of the highway. I bet I have seen 15 dead deer on the 4 mile stretch of highway into my town in the last 4 years.

As for cost of replacement, there is a rider policy you can buy with the Ford extended warranty to cover the LED's if you are really concerned. Its only $125, I opted for it since I plan to keep this truck at least 8 years, maybe longer.

Agree on the sunroof, useless to me but I was forced to buy it on the Lariat.

I have the power running boards, they are awesome. I admit I thought they might be cheap and too flexible, they are rock solid. They also extend out from the cab farther vs fixed running boards, they lower further down towards the ground which was important to me as I'm not that tall and the F350 is way up off the ground. Finally they are wider, I can step up on the board, then turn around on the board and sit down. My right hip is pretty destroyed, I'll have surgery to replace it soon so being able to get in/out of the vehicle was an issue for me.

Mine came with the $1,555 towing package. I had really only wanted the $710 towing camera option. I didn't really want the adaptive steering option, but seeing how stiff the steering is I'm kind of glad I got it. The lane departure nonsense I have no use for. But this truck was optioned damn near perfect so I ended up getting a couple things I didn't need vs waiting 8-12 weeks for one to be built.
Where in the PNW are you? I deal witht he same thing with rain, fog and dear. I love the LED headlights, mainly because I love to be able to see at night.

Love my moonroof, have used it a couple times already.

This retractable steps are the cats meow. Glad I got them and I also hate how low the fixed steps sit on these trucks.