2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Reason for ETA shift?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 05:54 PM
Spoojr
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Reason for ETA shift?

Ok Gents, I need some of your expertise, as well as need you guys to talk me off the ledge!

So my ETA was originally November 5th, then it slid to the 10th with no explanation. Well, now the 10th has come and gone, and my ETA still shows the 10th, and I don't have my truck. My dealer showed me his tracking form, and it shows that my truck was "Released to Body" on the 20th of October. (That date coincides with my scheduled/ETIS build date) Well, that was the last update and nobody seems to know where my truck is!

My dealer was confused about why it was "Released to Body", because he said that is normally for some type of upfit, but my truck doesn't have an upfit coming to it. I do remember reading on this forum about the spray in bed liner causing the truck to go to body for that. Is that true?

Either way, does anyone have any advice on how to get more information on the status of the truck? It seems to be lost in limbo, and nobody can tell me a new ETA. (To include my dealer)

Until then, I just wait.... Thanks for the help!

Old 11-13-2016, 06:09 PM
Jace2016
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like there was an issue on final check at the plant. The dealer can call and find out why they just don't like too for some reason. Possibly something was wrong and it went back for some reason. I have the Ford spray in liner and it didn't affect my ETA. Very happy with the factory spray in liner btw. It is very frustrating waiting on an order but you will be happy when it gets here. More trucks are becoming available on the lots every day if you decide to I'm sure you can find another somewhere.

Old 11-13-2016, 06:51 PM
WolfFox
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My dealer order truck was built 10/16/16 and supposed to be at my dealer on (ETA) 11/11/16 on like 11/8/16, I talk to dealer and it was getting the 5th wheel prep done. It also has the spray bed liner, but I'm not sure if the bed liner was already done or not. Anyways, he said, after the 5th wheel prep it is supposed to be on a truck and headed this was. Maybe, mine is behind your..lol

Old 11-13-2016, 07:11 PM
JD BuckSavage
Junior User
Originally Posted by Spoojr
Ok Gents, I need some of your expertise, as well as need you guys to talk me off the ledge!

So my ETA was originally November 5th, then it slid to the 10th with no explanation. Well, now the 10th has come and gone, and my ETA still shows the 10th, and I don't have my truck. My dealer showed me his tracking form, and it shows that my truck was "Released to Body" on the 20th of October. (That date coincides with my scheduled/ETIS build date) Well, that was the last update and nobody seems to know where my truck is!

My dealer was confused about why it was "Released to Body", because he said that is normally for some type of upfit, but my truck doesn't have an upfit coming to it. I do remember reading on this forum about the spray in bed liner causing the truck to go to body for that. Is that true?

Either way, does anyone have any advice on how to get more information on the status of the truck? It seems to be lost in limbo, and nobody can tell me a new ETA. (To include my dealer)

You aren't in Rochester, NY are you?

Old 11-13-2016, 07:48 PM
Spoojr
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Jace2016
Sounds like there was an issue on final check at the plant.
Hopefully, it wasn't anything too serious...but if there WAS something wrong, I'm glad they got it before it got to me.

Originally Posted by WolfFox
Maybe, mine is behind your..lol
Sorry to hear you are in the same boat as me! I hope you get yours soon, just like me! Hopefully, I will hear something tomorrow.

Originally Posted by JD BuckSavage
No, I'm actually in Virginia Beach. Why do you ask?

Old 11-13-2016, 07:56 PM
Tjjr
Junior User

Me too. Truck was built Oct 20. Original eta was Oct31. Then it was moved to Nov 3. Well both dates have passed and I still don't have my truck! Dealer and chat tell me my truck is still at the plant. It shows "released to body" also. So either they are building my truck by hand or something's up.

I ordered a F350 ultimate srw with bedliner.

Old 11-13-2016, 11:34 PM
Blk04Snake
Senior User
If it says "Sent to Body Company" it is for any after production modifications such as the spray in bedliner, wheelwell liners, mudflaps, etc. Mine sat there from 10/18 until 10/31. Now I'm waiting for it to make the trek from the railyard to dealer via truck. ETA was 10/12 that has come and gone.

Old 11-14-2016, 02:48 AM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JD BuckSavage
I don't know about Spoojr but I am 15 miles south of Rochester. Truck ordered 19APR16. Order supposed to be picked up early August, the end of Aug, then Sep, then finally 16SEP got VIN. Window sticker came out 04NOV then went into production 07NOV and is still listed as in production 14NOV. ETA has moved from early OCT with several stops on the way to 04DEC at last report. That leaves 2 weeks for transport and delivery at this point and I have not seen that fast for anyone yet. Customer service in Dearborn said the truck was produced on 09NOV but the rest of Ford still thinks it is in production. A black hole of timelessness on the part of the company. Heck, my wife and I got married and produced our first child in less time!

Old 11-14-2016, 06:53 AM
69cj
Hotshot
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Rasalas
I don't know about Spoojr but I am 15 miles south of Rochester. Truck ordered 19APR16. Order supposed to be picked up early August, the end of Aug, then Sep, then finally 16SEP got VIN. Window sticker came out 04NOV then went into production 07NOV and is still listed as in production 14NOV. ETA has moved from early OCT with several stops on the way to 04DEC at last report. That leaves 2 weeks for transport and delivery at this point and I have not seen that fast for anyone yet. Customer service in Dearborn said the truck was produced on 09NOV but the rest of Ford still thinks it is in production. A black hole of timelessness on the part of the company. Heck, my wife and I got married and produced our first child in less time!
When I ordered my 2015 the truck got lost in the KTP parking lot for over a month. I finally found one like I ordered at a different dealer.

Old 11-14-2016, 07:34 AM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 69cj
When I ordered my 2015 the truck got lost in the KTP parking lot for over a month. I finally found one like I ordered at a different dealer.
Over the weekend I found an almost exact match for my truck, color and everything, but no gooseneck prep, no upfitter switches, no tow technology bundle and no camper/HD pkg. Cost was almost as much with chrome pkg and 20" wheels/tires and a couple of other items. I don't want to give those things up so I had to pass, but in a couple of weeks?? Probably not.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:04 AM
onetwothree
Freshman User
ordered f250 on 5 august-got vin, sticker and etis populated before 18 october w/ 1 november eta-the eta came and went, ford chat and customer care as of 11 november showed the truck in transit with no new eta-just for the hell of it i used the ford site to search for the exact same truck i ordered--shocked to find it on my dealer's lot 10 november WITH DIFFERENT VIN-called dealer and they played dumb-will pick up this truck tomorrow and can't wait to see the dora for it since i have the dora for the original order-customer care is to call tomorrow to follow up on original vin-looking forward to that call and dealer rating questionnaire from ford--Keystone Kops

Old 11-14-2016, 01:05 PM
Mooser1234
Junior User

This sounds exactly like my issue....my delivery date was November 3rd...Still no update from Ford on a new date...