Notices
2015+ F150 Discuss the 2015 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frustration with new truck order

Old 04-26-2019, 08:55 PM
Bob Solberg
New User
Bob Solberg is starting off with a positive reputation.
Frustration with new truck order

So I ordered a 2019 F-150 King Ranch in mid February. It was built on 3/22 and yet it still sits in Dearborn. The first estimated delivery date was 4/9, which slipped to 4/18, and then to 5/2, and now today it's been delayed until 5/12. And the Ford order status site says it still hasn't shipped. The dealer has been no help other than to tell me there's a shortage of rail cars. I ordered a new Explorer last year and it was delivered in a timely fashion. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this with F-150 orders and/or you have any suggestions for getting Fords attention. Really frustrating to have your new truck sit just one state away and apparently nothing you can do about it.

Old 04-27-2019, 05:20 PM
JKBrad
JKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to behold
That probably has to do with the priority your dealer put on it when ordered. And also whether they are a high volume dealer.

Old 04-27-2019, 08:11 PM
Bob Solberg
New User
So a dealer can put different priorities on new car orders? If so, it would seem silly for a dealer to put anything other than a high priority on any customer order. The longer it takes the longer it is before they see revenue.

Now whether a dealer has high volume or not makes some sense. I don't live in a large metro area, but this dealer is easily the largest of the four in a 20 mile radius.

And so I wait.

Old 04-27-2019, 10:12 PM
JKBrad
JKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to behold
Maybe they are waiting for a full rail shipment to your area. Hard to know exactly why. When you get it , if it has around 20 miles on it then you’ll know that it was one pulled for a random quality control test.

Also, if you ordered it with a factory spray in bed liner, that can sometimes delay when it’s ready to ship. A few years ago quite a few got backed up sitting at the factory waiting to have the bed liners done.

I just asked my Dad about priorities. He just retired after decades of selling Ford trucks. He said they don’t do priorities anymore since they run the assembly plants at capacity for the last several years.

Old 04-27-2019, 10:37 PM
FORD COASTIE
Posting Guru
FORD COASTIE has much to be proud ofFORD COASTIE has much to be proud ofFORD COASTIE has much to be proud ofFORD COASTIE has much to be proud ofFORD COASTIE has much to be proud ofFORD COASTIE has much to be proud ofFORD COASTIE has much to be proud ofFORD COASTIE has much to be proud of
I shared your frustration a few months ago. I ordered my truck on 8-30-18, and the dealer ordered it priority 10, according to the order sheet I was provided with that had my name on it. The truck was built on December 7th, arrived at the dealership on January 16th, and I took delivery on the 18th. My salesman said he’s been selling Fords for 20 years and has never had an F150 order take as long to come in as mine did. Not sure if this slowed it any like Brad said, but my truck has a factory sprayed liner.

Old 04-28-2019, 07:10 AM
jade97
Elder User
jade97 is starting off with a positive reputation.
There could be a quality hold on it.

In 2011, I ordered a new Explorer in January, it was built in February, but not delivered until mid-April.

The next month, I ordered an F150 & I had it in 4 weeks.

Old 04-28-2019, 07:15 AM
IndyDog
Senior User
IndyDog is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
My '19 was built 11/18 and I had it a few weeks later, small dealer in NC

Old 04-28-2019, 07:20 AM
GABAR
Postmaster
GABAR has a good reputation on FTE.GABAR has a good reputation on FTE.GABAR has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Bob Solberg View Post
So I ordered a 2019 F-150 King Ranch in mid February. It was built on 3/22 and yet it still sits in Dearborn. The first estimated delivery date was 4/9, which slipped to 4/18, and then to 5/2, and now today it's been delayed until 5/12. And the Ford order status site says it still hasn't shipped. The dealer has been no help other than to tell me there's a shortage of rail cars. I ordered a new Explorer last year and it was delivered in a timely fashion. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this with F-150 orders and/or you have any suggestions for getting Fords attention. Really frustrating to have your new truck sit just one state away and apparently nothing you can do about it.
Well, you know that your new vehicle has been built so just be a bit more patient.

Old 04-28-2019, 07:29 AM
Bob Solberg
New User
Thanks everyone,
The message seems to be it's unpredictable for reasons we will probably never know.

Old 04-28-2019, 07:46 AM
NASSTY
Posting Guru
NASSTY is a name known to allNASSTY is a name known to allNASSTY is a name known to allNASSTY is a name known to allNASSTY is a name known to allNASSTY is a name known to all
When I ordered my 2011 I took delivery in 34 days. When I ordered my 2017 it sat at Ramp #59 in Dearborn for 6 weeks before it got shipped.

Old 04-28-2019, 12:02 PM
Bullitt390
Certified Thread Hijacker
Bullitt390 has a brilliant futureBullitt390 has a brilliant futureBullitt390 has a brilliant futureBullitt390 has a brilliant futureBullitt390 has a brilliant futureBullitt390 has a brilliant futureBullitt390 has a brilliant futureBullitt390 has a brilliant futureBullitt390 has a brilliant futureBullitt390 has a brilliant futureBullitt390 has a brilliant future
My 2016 was ordered Nov 25, 2015, built Jan 5th 2016, delivered Jan 19th 2016.

Old 04-28-2019, 01:06 PM
onug
Donut Ninja
onug is a splendid one to beholdonug is a splendid one to beholdonug is a splendid one to beholdonug is a splendid one to beholdonug is a splendid one to beholdonug is a splendid one to beholdonug is a splendid one to behold
Well, if your dealer has received trucks recently from Dearborn then itís something with your rig. Or some crayon-eaters are setting the shipping schedule.

Old 04-28-2019, 05:44 PM
Bob Solberg
New User
In a weird way, it's somewhat comforting that others have had a similar experience. My dealer tells me that he has several customers in the same situation. It's almost like Ford saves up a bunch of trucks and tries to ship them all at once every 6 weeks or so, rather than as they get built. So maybe just the luck of the draw when your order gets built and how it falls in their shipping plan. Soon, I hope.

Old 04-28-2019, 06:51 PM
Peterooster
Freshman User
Peterooster is starting off with a positive reputation.
My 2019 was ordered and built in 12-18, and delivered to me 1-19 with a wrong color manual driver seat and 6 weeks later dealer installed correct 8 way seat with the same color as the interior. No reason given! Pete

Old 04-28-2019, 07:00 PM
ford390gashog
Post Fiend
ford390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud of
There is a lack of rail cars with CSX currently, they will also ramp hold vehicles until they have enough to justify the shipment and what ford has allocated for shipping. This is especially true with trucks built at Dearborn.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: