Large Truck My truck is bigger than yours. The forum for 2+ ton trucks (all years), COE's, Louisville's, Big-Job's etc.

56 COE project.. I need Help ;)

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 02:07 PM
Bfords
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
56 COE project.. I need Help ;)

New to Forum so Hi everyone.

So ill start with what I have and where it is going.

2013 f59 pulled the 6.8L v10 and torqshift out of that monster and have planted it in a 56 COE.

Now the fun part! I am looking for opinions and options I might have to get the motor and trans running without using the factory wiring pulled out of the f59.

As far as the motor goes I've looked into a few places and they all have given me the "you need ours" or the "we don't have what you are looking for" speech but I would like some of the opinions of the people who actually have used their products. It being a v10 has anyone had success with a stand alone?

as far as the transmission goes everywhere I have look say that normally the torqshift was put behind a diesel and they don't have an application for what I am looking for. So I'm wide open on suggestions.

anyway thanks for you time..
-B-

ps if this thread isn't in the right place tell me

Old 11-02-2016, 08:10 AM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 298 Likes on 157 Posts
The "easy" way to do this is to use the factory wiring and PCM and entire dash cluster.

Unless you're willing to get into some weird custom setups and doing all the engineering yourself, you will probably never find anyone that makes what you need to get that setup going.

A recent build here at FTE involved an F150 Ecoboost being transplanted into a (I think) mid-60's F-series. What eventually happened was the builder decided to transplant the body onto the F150 frame and use the entire F150 chassis/frame/suspension/electronics. It worked, but was a huge amount of work.

One of the problems you're going to have is the speed sensor - the F-series uses the ABS sensor data from the rear differential to compute road speed. But given the new-ness of your V10 and it's electronics, I can't say for sure that it does or does not need the entire ABS system to be able to feed that data to the PCM.

But I don't want to stop you from trying what you're doing, so ... don't take this as a negative post

Old 11-02-2016, 11:45 AM
Bfords
New User
I just need it to run and drive.. nothing fancy.

Old 11-02-2016, 12:11 PM
Bfords
New User
to my understanding the torqshift trany needs input from tcm tps map vss just to shift properly. I would not mind using the whole wiring harness but its super long so would need to be trimmed. And that's the real reason for the post is to see how and what other people might have done. going with a stand alone I know that you can still get a reading from the drive shaft to get a speed reading but I'm not sure how to trick the computer into reading abs. from what I have read a few different reading are needed for the transmission work.

I'm just fishing for ideas so anything said will be useful.