2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

X plan Fees

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 07:51 AM
Azuretruck
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
X plan Fees

How much should fees be with X plan?

Old 08-31-2016, 08:00 AM
johndeerefarmer
Cargo Master
Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts
Best I remember documentary fee is limited to $100

Old 08-31-2016, 08:08 AM
EightySecond
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can I be charged a “document fee” (doc fee) by my dealer?
Yes. Dealers will be permitted to assess up to $100 in documentary fees on each delivery to an eligible purchaser under the terms of the Plan, unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation. Each dealer is responsible for complying with applicable laws or regulations.
  • What if I am in a state that allows the dealer to charge more than $100?
Unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation: In states where dealers are not permitted to charge as much as $100 for doc fees, dealers would be capped at the lesser amount as provided by the state. In states that permitted more than $100, dealers would be permitted to charge the Plan customer $100. In states that permitted more than $100 and also required that all customers be charged the same amount, dealers may charge the Plan customer $100 and indicate any additional fees have been paid by Ford Motor Company or Lincoln Motor Company as part of the AXZD-Plan Program dealer reimbursement on the buyer's order.
  • How does this change the $275 administration fee?
There is no change. The $275 administration fee covers costs of managing the New Vehicle Purchase Program.

Pricing Formula
  • X-Plan is a pre-determined price based on dealer invoice or A-Plan price depending on brand. The X-Plan price is noted on the dealer invoice.
X-Plan Ford
Dealer Invoice - (0.4% * Dealer Invoice) + Administration Fee* (see sample invoice)
Lincoln
Dealer Invoice + (0.6% * Dealer Invoice) + Administration Fee* (see sample invoice)

*$275 Administration Fee.

Old 08-31-2016, 08:13 AM
RightWingNutJob
Elder User
Never mind..., EightySecond beat me to the post.

Old 08-31-2016, 08:15 AM
Azuretruck
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EightySecond
Can I be charged a “document fee” (doc fee) by my dealer?
Yes. Dealers will be permitted to assess up to $100 in documentary fees on each delivery to an eligible purchaser under the terms of the Plan, unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation. Each dealer is responsible for complying with applicable laws or regulations.
  • What if I am in a state that allows the dealer to charge more than $100?
Unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation: In states where dealers are not permitted to charge as much as $100 for doc fees, dealers would be capped at the lesser amount as provided by the state. In states that permitted more than $100, dealers would be permitted to charge the Plan customer $100. In states that permitted more than $100 and also required that all customers be charged the same amount, dealers may charge the Plan customer $100 and indicate any additional fees have been paid by Ford Motor Company or Lincoln Motor Company as part of the AXZD-Plan Program dealer reimbursement on the buyer's order.
  • How does this change the $275 administration fee?
There is no change. The $275 administration fee covers costs of managing the New Vehicle Purchase Program.

Pricing Formula
  • X-Plan is a pre-determined price based on dealer invoice or A-Plan price depending on brand. The X-Plan price is noted on the dealer invoice.
X-Plan

Ford
Dealer Invoice - (0.4% * Dealer Invoice) + Administration Fee* (see sample invoice)
Lincoln
Dealer Invoice + (0.6% * Dealer Invoice) + Administration Fee* (see sample invoice)

*$275 Administration Fee.
The $275 admin fee is already included in the X plan price isn't it? The invoice should basically have the Xplan price and $100 processing fee??

Anyone know if Texas is one of those states that allow dealers to charge over $100?

Old 08-31-2016, 08:15 AM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
There are a few states that require everyone pay the same fee for everyone I think, so there you may get hit with the higher amount by law. Here in PA we can charge "up to" $135, needless to say, every dealership charges $135. For X plan, we just drop the $35. Other states charge hundreds of dollars (part of how they appear to sell trucks for less money, when you charge $600+ in a doc fee), unless the state requires all customers be given the same fee.

You shouldn't have an issue with MOST dealers. However, X plan is the one plan price where dealers can sell for the figure to anyone and not take an actual loss. ADZ all require some funny math to get back into profit unless you have a PIN where Ford will pay the dealership for using it. It wouldn't be hard for a shady dealer to give you the x plan price, but not utilize the plan, and then hit you with any fees they wanted. So understanding the fees is an important question if you don't have a good relationship yet with your local shop.

While it's possible to get better than X plan (by a few hundred bucks, more than that and beware of funny numbers), one really nice thing is generally you can get dealer trade for the "right" truck and still get x plan at the dealership you want to work with. So it maintains a really good deal with selection flexibility.

Old 08-31-2016, 08:18 AM
EightySecond
Elder User
Originally Posted by Azuretruck
The $275 admin fee is already included in the X plan price isn't it? The invoice should basically have the Xplan price and $100 processing fee??

Anyone know if Texas is one of those states that allow dealers to charge over $100?

As I understand it, Dealer Invoice - (0.4% * Dealer Invoice) + $275... then they can tack on $100 on top.

Old 08-31-2016, 08:23 AM
johndeerefarmer
Cargo Master
Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts
My Texas dealer charges $125. On each occasion I tell them that that is over the limit for x plan. Once I made them re do it. Most of the time since the paperwork is already done they just give me another free tank of gas when I complain