Sponsored by: DP Tuner

AC Code Injectors for Reliability?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 08:30 AM
exbxtoy
Tuned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
AC Code Injectors for Reliability?

Hey guys, I have read all sorts of threads about injectors and wanted to get your thoughts on AC codes. I am going for reliability first, performance increase second. I do not do any heavy towing, maybe 9,000 pounds max pulling my 30' travel trailer.

What I have so far is a 2003 Ford Excursion with 155,000 miles, and would like to get another 200,000 miles out of it. It's main use is a family hauler daily driver, and tow rig last.

What I have upgraded so far is, Adrenaline HPOP, GT38R Turbo, IH up pipes, 5'' exhaust, 6637 air filter, and other maintenance items to get everything up to a solid baseline.

Based on everything stated so far, and speaking with Clay, I am leaning towards new Alliant AC code injectors.

I have also spoken with Gearhead, PHP, Full Force, PIS, and a couple others. I value Clay's advice more than any other, but wanted to get your thoughts before spending more $$$$.

What I still need to figure out is what tunes to run with AC codes, if in fact that is what I feel is the best route to go.

What are your thoughts?

Old 08-03-2016, 09:00 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,460 Likes on 2,850 Posts
Out of all the choices for injectors out there I will be going with the stock nozzle AC when it comes time to replace my stock 250,000 mile injectors. Although, I will probably go with PIS "NEW" AC code simply because of the price difference between the Alliant and the PIS.

As for tunes, I went with the Hydra tuned by GearHead and could not be happier. So, when I do swap out my AD injectors for AC all I have to do is let GH know and they will send me updated tunes via email for free. I have daily driver/tow, high idle, heavy tow, street muscle (which I have never used), stock and no start.

As I understand it, AC can provide more power/torque and better fuel economy. Some have stated that they can be louder than AD due to how it is tuned, but that opinion varies a lot.

For a short while I considered going to a 175/80, or 160/30 injector, but just for simplicity and ease of replacing if/when the time comes I will go with stock nozzle 160 and be happy with that. I know I could get more power or performance out of bigger nozzles, but that is just not where I want to be with my truck.

Old 08-03-2016, 10:24 AM
HKusp
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
I have PIS 160/30's, T500 HPOP, and a 38R. If I had to do it all over again, I would go with at LEAST 160/100's. That being said, I used to do some decent towing- 3 horse slant with dressing room, 9000lb travel trailer and the family and dogs, plus I plow and have a vbox salt spreader that I put 2000lbs of salt in many times a year in the winter. The marriage broke up so the horses and travel trailer don't happen anymore and my boat is the only thing I tow regularly and it only weighs about 3500-4000lbs I guess. The thing is, a good tuner can dial back any decent set of injectors hybrid or standard AC's if given enough time, but it usually will get into a situation where you have to have it live tuned when you go "too big".

Old 08-03-2016, 07:32 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
I don't have personal experience with all the tuners you listed, but I will say Matt has a nice smooth idle on his single shot tuning. That's better than some of the others I've been around.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:52 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
Don't know why you went to 5" exhaust and 6637 intake except you like the noise. That said, stock AC is the all around easiest injector to replace if on the road. But with that exhaust and intake they will be louder for sure. It will come a live with that set up. If you can get it live tuned, go with 80 or 100 nozzles, the smile will be night and day.

Old 08-04-2016, 03:40 PM
Justin@DP-Tuner
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since the AC code injectors are a factory injector for some of the International engines, it is a good choice if you are worried about being stuck somewhere waiting on an injectors, should something go wrong.

That being said, brand new Alliant's have a very high success rate. Look at how long your original injectors lasted. For ultimate reliability, go new. I did, and do not regret that decision. It may cost a bit more, but it gives you piece of mind that no used components are in the risk equation.

We price really isn't too bad compared to remans, if you think in terms of how long they will be put to use... https://www.dp-tuner.com/ford-powers...injectors.html

Like us on Facebook!

www.dp-tuner.com
Old 08-04-2016, 06:28 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by Justin@DP-Tuner
Since the AC code injectors are a factory injector for some of the International engines, it is a good choice if you are worried about being stuck somewhere waiting on an injectors, should something go wrong.

That being said, brand new Alliant's have a very high success rate. Look at how long your original injectors lasted. For ultimate reliability, go new. I did, and do not regret that decision. It may cost a bit more, but it gives you piece of mind that no used components are in the risk equation.

We price really isn't too bad compared to remans, if you think in terms of how long they will be put to use... https://www.dp-tuner.com/ford-powers...injectors.html
Are these new injectors simply rebadged Alliant or are they built from parts by FFD? Same question for the PIS version of new 160cc AC injectors.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:34 PM
Justin@DP-Tuner
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sous
Are these new injectors simply rebadged Alliant or are they built from parts by FFD? Same question for the PIS version of new 160cc AC injectors.
Straight from Alliant. Full Force stocks new Alliant injectors.

Not sure about P.I.S.

Like us on Facebook!

www.dp-tuner.com
Old 08-04-2016, 07:50 PM
jhl3
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NEW AC INJECTORS

P.I.S. NEW @ $1645.00

Back when DP-Tuner was selling P.I.S. injectors they were being sold as NEW.
Tim also confirmed that they were NEW Alliant. I have not heard that that has changed.

Old 08-05-2016, 07:42 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Understood on both points, although a price difference of nearly $300 between PIS and FFD/Alliant (RiffRaff) makes me wonder. I am not even sure if it is possible to order parts new and build your own injectors. Just don't want anyone to think they are buying Alliant at a great price and turns out they are not.

I have sent an email out to PIS and find out for sure and post back here with what they have said.

Old 08-05-2016, 08:00 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Only 5 minutes after sending the question above to PIS, the response noted below was sent back.

"Yes sir, those are indeed NEW Alliant Power brand injectors. It is probably the best price you will ever find on them.

The price difference is is two fold. We do a large amount of business directly with Alliant which gives us premium pricing. We also must turn in cores on these new injectors, so that is where we send our old cores that cannot be rebuilt. We get new cores from you, and pass those savings on as well."

Old 08-05-2016, 09:33 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
I think the 7.3L should have come with the IH AC 160 (stock nozzle) from the factory. Just enough bump in oomph to notice and the same reliability as stock - but here are the caveats: They are louder than the splits, and the splits are easier to get the emissions right.

Old 08-05-2016, 09:35 AM
duck fan
Because racetruck

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by Sous
Understood on both points, although a price difference of nearly $300 between PIS and FFD/Alliant (RiffRaff) makes me wonder. I am not even sure if it is possible to order parts new and build your own injectors. Just don't want anyone to think they are buying Alliant at a great price and turns out they are not.

I have sent an email out to PIS and find out for sure and post back here with what they have said.
I bet Full Force or Riffraff would price match. A lot of companies have a MAP price that reputable dealers aren't allowed to advertise below. They are probably just following their contract agreements.

Old 08-08-2016, 09:43 AM
exbxtoy
Tuned
Originally Posted by Bonanza35
Don't know why you went to 5" exhaust and 6637 intake except you like the noise. That said, stock AC is the all around easiest injector to replace if on the road. But with that exhaust and intake they will be louder for sure. It will come a live with that set up. If you can get it live tuned, go with 80 or 100 nozzles, the smile will be night and day.
The exhaust was on the truck when I bought it... I have no one in the Grand Rapids, MI area who can live tune for me, so I want to go with what others have proven to work.

Old 08-08-2016, 09:47 AM
exbxtoy
Tuned
Originally Posted by Tugly
I think the 7.3L should have come with the IH AC 160 (stock nozzle) from the factory. Just enough bump in oomph to notice and the same reliability as stock - but here are the caveats: They are louder than the splits, and the splits are easier to get the emissions right.
Hey Tugly!

Fortunately, now that I live in Michigan and moved from Colorado, we don't have emissions here

For reliability and longevity, would you do the new Alliant AC codes, or would you go reman with a little bigger injector from a reputable builder like PIS?

Quick Reply: AC Code Injectors for Reliability?