6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

PO6EB Code

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 09:14 PM
Braaahp
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PO6EB Code

My 2015, F250 6.7 pulled a...... PO6EB code, NOX Sensor Proc. Perf. Bank 1 sensor 2..............still running same.
Before this happened, in the last 3k miles it Has had a few low power modes above 5000 feet. Turned it off and sat for awhile and it ran great.

In the meantime what do i do?

Thank for help.

Old 07-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
Moving to the 6.7L forum.

Old 07-05-2016, 11:18 PM
bamcq
Junior User
Originally Posted by Braaahp
My 2015, F250 6.7 pulled a...... PO6EB code, NOX Sensor Proc. Perf. Bank 1 sensor 2..............still running same.
Before this happened, in the last 3k miles it Has had a few low power modes above 5000 feet. Turned it off and sat for awhile and it ran great.

In the meantime what do i do?

Thank for help.
I don't know if this will be any help for you but sounds close to the same except for the low power mode part but I also never have had it over 3500 ft. Mines is also 2015 f250, Have had the truck almost a full year now and got roughly 53K miles on it. Anyways couple months ago my truck threw the code out for the first time. I think I had roughly 20K on it. Truck never acted any different ran perfect but was I nervous went to the ford dealership told them what happened and they looked it over couldn't find any reason for why and sent me on my way. About a week later code came back on, went back to the dealership, same result and new sensor. Long story short i eventually ended up talking to one of the mechanics about why the code would keep coming on and he told me its most likely from driving it differently than normal. When I'm at work I average 4-6 hrs of drive time a day vs down the street on days I'm off. He was saying that change makes the truck think something's wrong when really it's not. Don't know if he was just blowing smoke up my *** but since then I've driven 30K, never once have had the truck run any less than perfect and lost count how many times my engine light came on because of that code. Not sure if that at all helps you out because yours is throwing out a different code but figured it couldn't hurt to say something

Old 07-07-2016, 08:43 AM
Braaahp
New User
I have 24k on it and the low power happens when we leave Phx 1100 ft and go to 5k feet. Normal driving at 1100 feet is all day highway some city. 5k ft is short trips at low speed all city.Sounds similar to your issue. Did they charge anything? and any issues if i keep driving?

Old 07-07-2016, 08:44 AM
Braaahp
New User
BTW thanks Tom for moving me to the proper thread and thank you to bamcq for the repsonse.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:00 AM
bamcq
Junior User
Yeah that does sound pretty similar to my problem. I usually do average of 4K miles a week when I'm working usually average 4 hours a day drive time that's at 55mph and up vs when I don't work and just farting around in town and that's usually when my light likes to come on. I still had my warranty on mine when I had taken it to the ford garage and they didn't charge me anything for looking at it and replacing the sensor the one time. Have you had a ford tech look at it yet? I've never had an issue with driving mine with the light on other than the fact that the light was on but I don't want to say that will be the same for you because I'm not really familiar with that engine code and what it means. I'll do some digging see if I can find anything.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:29 AM
bamcq
Junior User
Braaahp, so did alittle digging on the web and found this if you want to read through it. http://www.google.com/patents/US20130338900
Now I really have barely any knowledge on these engines, trying to learn how they work myself but from that page in the link and other stuff I've seen, your NOx sensor has to do with your SCR unit. Sensor one is the sensor preSCR which measures your nitrous oxide levels before it gets the DEF fluid and sensor 2 measures again after the exhaust gas meets the DEF fluid. So and this is a guess worse case scenario there's something wrong with your SCR unit and it's not breaking down the NOx gasses enough which would kick the light and result in the low power mode. Best case is your sensor is messed up but still would result in low power mode. why it only does it when your driving low speed vs normally driving highway speeds my guess would be bad sensor that's acting up like mine does for the CCV. I could be wrong not really sure but I'd take it to ford and have them check it out.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:40 AM
Braaahp
New User
Originally Posted by bamcq
Braaahp, so did alittle digging on the web and found this if you want to read through it. http://www.google.com/patents/US20130338900
Now I really have barely any knowledge on these engines, trying to learn how they work myself but from that page in the link and other stuff I've seen, your NOx sensor has to do with your SCR unit. Sensor one is the sensor preSCR which measures your nitrous oxide levels before it gets the DEF fluid and sensor 2 measures again after the exhaust gas meets the DEF fluid. So and this is a guess worse case scenario there's something wrong with your SCR unit and it's not breaking down the NOx gasses enough which would kick the light and result in the low power mode. Best case is your sensor is messed up but still would result in low power mode. why it only does it when your driving low speed vs normally driving highway speeds my guess would be bad sensor that's acting up like mine does for the CCV. I could be wrong not really sure but I'd take it to ford and have them check it out.
than you for the response and the information you provided. It's at the dealership now and it seems for now your information and what I've gathered up til now is consistent. Thank you for all your support. Great site b

Old 07-07-2016, 11:48 AM
bamcq
Junior User
than you for the response and the information you provided. It's at the dealership now and it seems for now your information and what I've gathered up til now is consistent. Thank you for all your support. Great site b
Yeah any time! Good to hear that it's at the shop and they're looking at it. Best of luck to you hope it ends well and painless

Old 07-10-2016, 10:00 PM
bamcq
Junior User
Hey just wanted to see how you ended up making out with your truck and what the dealership found to be the issue.. Did it end up being a bad sensor?