New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Finally, figured it out later ...

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 10:04 AM
Zareen Shahin
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Finally, figured it out later ...

Pulled the pick-up into the garage - it fits (you shall go to the ball!) well, after throwing out a pile of stuff that really didn't need to be there anyway. Assembled me tools and set to to remove the heater blend door actuator. Had researched on the web, read the Haynes and fixed up me LED lamp so I could see. Removed the center consul, comprised of arm rest, side bits and assorted stuff. Managed to move it back about 2 " - figure it'll have to do. Lie on back with feet on roof and peruse inside behind dash - spot actuator. Thinks there may be more than one, so turn on ignition and activate heater control - clicking noise not coming from easily accessible actuator! Go to passenger side and remove glove box, insert hand into mess of god knows what and touch finger tip to what may be actuator. Turn on ignition and check - success! Now all I have to do is get at it. ISolate battery to prevent airbag from exploding in face and remove panel from above glove box - doesn't really help that much. Decide center console of dash needs to come out, read Haynes and find it should pop out using "trim stick" - don't have one, so use old wooden paint stirrer - panel is removed. Can now see more of actuator, remove plastic tray from top of dash - better but still not good enough. Remove radio and thing below it - success! Can now get wrench to the two visible screws - albeit turning at one "face of bolt head" at a time. Have no idea how I'm going to get third one out as I can't even see it! With screws out grasp unit in sweaty mit and lift - to complete surprise find that it lifts out - seems third screw wasn't ever there. Undog electrics and sit back in seat breathing sigh of relief - then look at all the stuff I didn't need to have done. Go to house, eat beef sandwich and drink beer. Return to garage and replace center armrest and associated ramel. Wait for new actuator to turn up when wife brings it home tomorrow - collect dog and go to house - drink beer ...

Old 06-02-2016, 02:05 PM
1Aauto
Former Vendor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Welcome to the site it's great to have you here

Tony